Not open for further replies.

Captain Neo

In a nutshell....

THE STORY SO FAR

The plans are:
Guardians of the Galaxy inspired ride coming to Universe of Energy
More eating options in Futureworld
Mission Space overhaul
Innoventions mostly gutted and repurposed. New interior layouts. Possible expansion here and there.
New landscaping, place making and "feel" to Futureworld central spine - the area from the entrance, around Spaceship Earth, through the fountain area and out towards showcase.
Proposals for The Land and Imagination, with nothing confirmed nor budgeted for as of yet.
Proposals for additions and updates at various places around Showcase.
Proposed new night time lagoon show in 2-3 years time.

Disclaimer: Don't shoot the messenger if any of the above fails to happen.

What exactly does "Mission Space Overhaul" even mean? New queue and a new ride video (new destination?)?

That seems extremely unlikely unless they are tying the pavilion to an IP or its being built at another park (Like Soarin' over the horizon) or there is new sponsorship funding.

BrerJon

I wonder if they would put a restaraunt between Mission: Space & Test Track, so there's more to do in Future World East than just 3 rides.

They've already got the Odyssey just sitting there hardly used most of the time, so reopening that permanently seems a no-brainer. The only reason they closed it was to drive more people to table service meals in World Showcase, but times have moved on and there's a definite need now.

BrerJon

I'm totally expecting Innoventions to turn into a pop-up mall or a flea market within a few years.

You can never can be too many places to buy Pandora bracelets in Orlando!

Bocabear

I didn't know people hated the Nemo ride so much:p
I don't kno about everyone else, but if it existed as a separate ride in another park like Animal Kingdom, I might think it is cute, but a little light... As a replacement to a major EPCOT pavilion experience, I think it is cheap looking ( I am sure they spent a fortune on it) and wrong...It could and should have been so much better......and not Nemo themed... Kids can love the Sea without a cartoon character to tell them to...

Earl Sweatpants

I didn't know people hated the Nemo ride so much:p

For me, it's not hatred of the little fish himself, but more just a feeling that the pavilion got cheapened due to the overlay. SeaBase Alpha, the Hydrolators, and everything pre-Nemo was amazing. But rather than try to preserve it and improve it over time, they just scrapped a good idea for a familiar character that the "kids" would recognize.

JohnD

This just in from the Disney blog re: ToT --> GOTG ride at DLR: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-california-adventure-park-on-january-2-2017/

For the next few months, we invite you – if you dare – for a special celebration of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ leading up to its final check-out on January 2, 2017. The salute kicks off during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, September 9 through October 31. The spookiest time of the year is the perfect time to experience this attraction before it checks out of Disney California Adventure park.

During this celebration, the deepest, darkest corner of the imagination will get even darker. Each night, beginning after twilight, Disney California Adventure park guests will be treated to “Late Check-Out.” Experience The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ as you never have before … in complete darkness!

In addition to “Late Check-Out,” guests will find commemorative merchandise as well as special food and beverage items throughout the celebration. You’ll also get the chance to picture yourself “checking out” with a special photo location in front of the Hollywood Tower Hotel marquee, complete with vintage luggage and other nods to the landmark’s story and the glitz and glamor of a bustling young movie town.

Each day during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, the Hollywood Tower Hotel will host special performances by Buena Vista Street’s own Silver Lake Sisters. Dolly, Dottie and Ethel Bounds, veterans of the vaudeville circuit known professionally as Fiddler, Fifer & Practical (or the Silver Lake Sisters) performed throughout their glittering career at the rooftop lounge of the famous hotel. The sisters went on to open Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, where a wall inside the restaurant features photos, posters and memorabilia from their many performances. They will make their return to the Hollywood Tower Hotel to join fans during this farewell tribute.

We’ll have more details to share soon, so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more ways to celebrate The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ before it checks out of Disney California Adventure park on January 2.
This ride is being discussed in this thread but I felt it worth a mention here due to being GOTC-related.

WhatJaneSays

You watch yourself, or I'll post more terrible Rob Liefeld art!
tumblr_lpm3d5ZpnV1qflbvh.jpg

Earl Sweatpants

This just in from the Disney blog re: ToT --> GOTG ride at DLR: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-california-adventure-park-on-january-2-2017/

For the next few months, we invite you – if you dare – for a special celebration of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ leading up to its final check-out on January 2, 2017. The salute kicks off during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, September 9 through October 31. The spookiest time of the year is the perfect time to experience this attraction before it checks out of Disney California Adventure park.

During this celebration, the deepest, darkest corner of the imagination will get even darker. Each night, beginning after twilight, Disney California Adventure park guests will be treated to “Late Check-Out.” Experience The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ as you never have before … in complete darkness!

In addition to “Late Check-Out,” guests will find commemorative merchandise as well as special food and beverage items throughout the celebration. You’ll also get the chance to picture yourself “checking out” with a special photo location in front of the Hollywood Tower Hotel marquee, complete with vintage luggage and other nods to the landmark’s story and the glitz and glamor of a bustling young movie town.

Each day during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, the Hollywood Tower Hotel will host special performances by Buena Vista Street’s own Silver Lake Sisters. Dolly, Dottie and Ethel Bounds, veterans of the vaudeville circuit known professionally as Fiddler, Fifer & Practical (or the Silver Lake Sisters) performed throughout their glittering career at the rooftop lounge of the famous hotel. The sisters went on to open Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, where a wall inside the restaurant features photos, posters and memorabilia from their many performances. They will make their return to the Hollywood Tower Hotel to join fans during this farewell tribute.

We’ll have more details to share soon, so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more ways to celebrate The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ before it checks out of Disney California Adventure park on January 2.
This ride is being discussed in this thread but I felt it worth a mention here due to being GOTC-related.

That really is a last-ditch effort to try and soften the blow of it getting changed.

Matt_Black

While he's not a great artist, I never got what the hate was, aside from the fact he's probably had more success than better artists. I liken his art to a White Castle hamburger. You are absolutely not going to mistake it for Filet Mignon, but sometimes, you want something like that.

Ralphlaw

My 2 cents, for what it's worth:

Putting Walt's head on display would be great.

A few rotating destinations for Mission Space would also be great.

Nemo cheapens Future World. It's not a bad attraction in and of itself, but it caters a bit too much for little kids. The toughest demographic for Disney right now is teens, and slapping Nemo in the Seas is probably a huge turnoff for most teens. "Oooh, it's a little kid's park. I don't want to go there." Epcot should be engaging enough to appeal to kids through fascinating edutainment, not kidding it down. It should also be an engaging place for teens who are already enamored by tech. And they already have Turtle Talk for little kids anyway, which is moderately cool. Instead, they should put some of those transparent underwater tunnels in the huge aquarium. Even our local museum in Milwaukee has one, and I've seen small versions of them in Rainforest Cafes. You want to see marine life; that's the best way.

I never got the connection between Imagination and the five senses. C'mon, let's upgrade that whole thing already.

Illuminations with IPs would be blasphemous. Even the blurb about Siemens cheapens the experience, but I've learned to live with that. Putting characters in Illuminations would unduly contribute to the whole notion of cartoon overload. It would be like a steady diet of cotton candy.

I think the new Test Track is edutainment at its best. Designing the car and seeing how testing works (and how different attributes like power will affect mileage) is great. It's a great combination of education and thrill.

The Land pavilion is very popular due to Soarin', and the food places are popular there too. Nothing new is urgently needed. WoL and Imagination are the truly needy areas right now.

Yup, disagree all you like, but I think most of us are onboard with what I'm saying here.

TeriofTerror

My 2 cents, for what it's worth:

Putting Walt's head on display would be great.

A few rotating destinations for Mission Space would also be great.

I think the new Test Track is edutainment at its best. Designing the car and seeing how testing works (and how different attributes like power will affect mileage) is great. It's a great combination of education and thrill.

Yup, disagree all you like, but I think most of us are onboard with what I'm saying here.

Walt was cremated.
Did you have to use "rotating" and "Mission Space" in the same sentence? :hungover: It is a valid concept, though. :)
Am I the only person who's kind of "meh" on Test Track? It's okay, but trust me; riding with me in my convertible on the highway is a much more intense thrill ride! Test Track lacks the tight traffic dodging at which I excel. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom