Grossest thing you ate at the parks?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Grossest thing I ever had was the Lobster Pasta from Coral Reef...with a close second being the chicken dish I got at Cindy's Royal Table last trip....but, the Lobster Pasta was just inedible (it tasted rank).

Oh. This reminded me of the disgusting strip steak I had at Coral Reef. I wasn't brave enough to try seafood there as I knew the food quality there is questionable at best. I figured the worst that could happen to a steak would be it getting over or under cooked. Wrong. It was overcooked (I half expected that) and had a very slimy texture to it. Not even sure what caused that. The mashed potatoes were equally as slimy and weird. Inedible was the word I used to describe it to the manager on duty who ended up refunding the meal.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh. This reminded me of the disgusting strip steak I had at Coral Reef. I wasn't brave enough to try seafood there as I knew the food quality there is questionable at best. I figured the worst that could happen to a steak would be it getting over or under cooked. Wrong. It was overcooked (I half expected that) and had a very slimy texture to it. Not even sure what caused that. The mashed potatoes were equally as slimy and weird. Inedible was the word I used to describe it to the manager on duty who ended up refunding the meal.
It's sad...Coral Reef used to be a crown jewel of Disney Dining...two decades ago. Now, it's hit or miss. I've had good dishes there, and some bad ones. Never mediocre. It is one of my kid's favorite places to eat though (for the entertainment, obviously...not the food).

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
It's sad...Coral Reef used to be a crown jewel of Disney Dining...two decades ago. Now, it's hit or miss. I've had good dishes there, and some bad ones. Never mediocre. It is one of my kid's favorite places to eat though (for the entertainment, obviously...not the food).

I do wish it was better. I love the atmosphere of the restaurant but I can't justify spending money on what is very likely to be a horrible meal.

Sweet Melissa

I've always lucked out at Coral Reef. I haven't had anything there I didn't like, which is kind of miraculous considering how often we've visited. Even my beloved Jiko has served me some duds. I think part of what's helped me at Coral Reef is that I've never ordered any non-seafood dishes there. The octopus we had there on our honeymoon was seriously better than the octopus we had at V&A the night before.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I've always lucked out at Coral Reef. I haven't had anything there I didn't like, which is kind of miraculous considering how often we've visited. Even my beloved Jiko has served me some duds. I think part of what's helped me at Coral Reef is that I've never ordered any non-seafood dishes there. The octopus we had there on our honeymoon was seriously better than the octopus we had at V&A the night before.
The octopus appetizer is a shining star. I've had it three times, and all three times it was amazing.

ChesterKiwi

The octopus appetizer is a shining star. I've had it three times, and all three times it was amazing.
This!

I go to Coral Reef specifically for the octopus. It's been really great all the times I've had it, twice in the past year. But the main dish was a lot lower quality than my meal at Coral Reef in 2013...

French Quarter

Ok I so need to try this. I have been avoiding this restaurant because of the bad reviews but now I know about this dish, I might give it a shot. The atmosphere has always intrigued me.

disney4life2008

Was it melted? Isn't that most commonly how nachos are served in the real world?

Nooooo. Nachos are to have cheese sauce not shredded cheese. Even the movie theaters have gotten bad with nacho cheese. When I was younger you could get a huge container of nachos, hot cheese sauce, jalapeno peppers for a few dollars. My movie theater charges $7 for a small bag of nachos, a little cup of cheese that is melted in the microwave and jalapenos are extra.

French Quarter

Nooooo. Nachos are to have cheese sauce not shredded cheese. Even the movie theaters have gotten bad with nacho cheese. When I was younger you could get a huge container of nachos, hot cheese sauce, jalapeno peppers for a few dollars. My movie theater charges $7 for a small bag of nachos, a little cup of cheese that is melted in the microwave and jalapenos are extra.

Nachos can be served with shredded cheddar or cheese sauce. They were served with shredded cheese for decades before cheese sauce came along in the 70s. Still trying to figure out what would be gross about cheddar cheese. :bored:

disney4life2008

Nachos can be served with shredded cheddar or cheese sauce. They were served with shredded cheese for decades before cheese sauce came along in the 70s. Still trying to figure out what would be gross about cheddar cheese. :bored:

Good point. Though, that was the 70s. Post 80s we want hot cheese but that explains why my generation grew up on preservatives lol.

DisneyFans4Life

I had the strip steak for lunch the only time I've eaten there and it was overcooked, which made it very tough to eat. Plus it was very charred on top. Needless to say I wasn't happy, but the atmosphere was nice. We're going to try it again in March, but this time for dinner.

danyoung56

Grossest thing I ever had was the Lobster Pasta from Coral Reef...

The Coral Reef is one of my go to places. But I do have to agree with you on the lobster pasta. When I had it it wasn't actually BAD, but it tasted like something out of a microwave meal. Just not special at all. But the calamari appetizer followed by the mahi mahi? YUMMMM!!!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Without a Doubt, the grossest thing was the lamb sliders at Moracco. The whole place smelled like armpit and the slider tasted like it was multi-day old McDonald meat.

Thats just the mutton smell. You get lots of it in the Middle Eastern countries and Australia.

Prince-1

I assume people decide not to like it before they even try it. I don't understand how people can gladly eat hot dogs or sausage but be grossed out by haggis. I really do think it's one of the most delicious dishes I have ever eaten and every time I get to have it, it is a treat.

I just liked your post about the hamburgers at Adventureland...keep saying that Haggis is delicious and I will take my like right back!

Courtney6682

@Andrew C and @DisneyFans4Life you'll get 1000 people on this site saying they love Chef Mickey's, and 1000 people saying they hate it. Personally I think it's a must do...just for the experience and atmosphere alone. We have been eating there for the past 15 yrs or so and have always liked it. The past few times we have gone with a range of ages from little kids under 10, to teens and grandparents, and everyone has enjoyed it. Keep in mind it is very hectic but its a good crazy kind of fun! Hope u both like it!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom