Great news about skyliner....good bye to an annoyance..

disneyfireman

Original Poster
It’s good news for lines.
Exactly. And as in the bus system. It’s meant to transport people efficiently. Someone wanting to ride alone or with own family due to covid…. Well that ship sailed almost a year ago. So this is good news. Load them up. The busses are packed as tight as you can. There is no reason the bench’s on the skyliner isn’t full also. Well. Unless there is no line. Then none of this is an issue.

fgmnt

How is asking for your party to have their own car “expecting an unusual degree of cooperation from everyone else”?

While I don’t have any issue sharing a skyliner car with anyone, reading through this thread makes it clear that many people do and for various reasons. To flippantly accuse anyone upset at the idea of it of being an actual burden to the rest of the park goers is ridiculous.
It’s about as reasonable as requesting a private half car on the monorail in terms of capacity.

I would be reticent to put single older adults and single adolescents on the same gondola, but 2 families of 4 should suck it up or use a private motor vehicle, either for hire, rented, or owned. That infrastructure predates the Skyliner

I don't even see this as a change? I was just there in June during some crowded weeks, and every time there was any kind of line we were always sharing gondola's with other people and it was fine. My party size varied from 4-6, and the only times we rode alone were when there weren't really any lines.

fgmnt

Exactly. And as in the bus system. It’s meant to transport people efficiently. Someone wanting to ride alone or with own family due to covid…. Well that ship sailed almost a year ago. So this is good news. Load them up. The busses are packed as tight as you can. There is no reason the bench’s on the skyliner isn’t full also. Well. Unless there is no line. Then none of this is an issue.
While all of WDW’s transit has some sort of attraction - like novelty and bespokeness, at rush times they are critical pieces of resort infrastructure. I know sometimes the company forgets that themselves, but moving large masses of people safely and expeditiously is the name of the game be it on monrail, in the water, above the treeline, or inside the accordian of the bus back to AllStar Sports.

disneyfireman

Original Poster
It’s about as reasonable as requesting a private half car on the monorail in terms of capacity.

I would be reticent to put single older adults and single adolescents on the same gondola, but 2 families of 4 should suck it up or use a private motor vehicle, either for hire, rented, or owned. That infrastructure predates the Skyliner
Exactly. It’s like saying. I want half the bus to myself. Lol.

celluloid

I imagine the average family of four or five with one in the stroller included in that will still be getting a Gondola to themselves. The potential stopping will hurt load times more than trying to squeeze another follower with the family and strollers(s)

It is likely going to be operations discretion like pretty much everything else.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
sitting that close facing each other gets a bit awkward when you're tired and sweaty
1659559556949.gif

doctornick

I don't even see this as a change? I was just there in June during some crowded weeks, and every time there was any kind of line we were always sharing gondola's with other people and it was fine. My party size varied from 4-6, and the only times we rode alone were when there weren't really any lines.
It sounds like the change is that they will no longer honor requests for a party to have their own cabin if there is a line. Before they were willing/allowed to accommodate requests.

Scott Adams

Last August and November we shared...
Personally I like when there wasn't anyone else just because sitting that close facing each other gets a bit awkward when you're tired and sweaty lol.
AGREED! With the crowd levels at the parks being way beyond (which still is better than DL's wall of people), having a few minutes to escape is great. NOTE ALSO that we NEVER had other stuffed in our skyline that used to be at MK!

celluloid

With all the fights across property, having the potential of parties mixing a lone is a little more intense than the monorail or other systems. Imagine a fight in one of those while stuck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom