Great news about skyliner....good bye to an annoyance..

Goofyernmost

How is asking for your party to have their own car “expecting an unusual degree of cooperation from everyone else”?

While I don’t have any issue sharing a skyliner car with anyone, reading through this thread makes it clear that many people do and for various reasons. To flippantly accuse anyone upset at the idea of it of being an actual burden to the rest of the park goers is ridiculous.
Because life is structured like that, Everyone is unique in their needs and wants. That doesn't mean the the rest of society has to mold around the needs of one. If we have differences in our human structure that cannot adapt to reality that exists then they cannot expect the reality be adjusted to fit their unwavering needs.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So we’re not allowed to ever mention the leading actor of Mary Poppins? Got it.

And yet some people have figured a way to type Bert’s IRL name. (I’m not one of them.)

Actually, the guy's name "Dick" isn't censored any more.

But woe to the one who uses inappropriately.

But van Dyke continues to be... occasionally. ;)

G00fyDad

My brother will be with us but that only makes 5 people in our group. :( I do not like the idea of having to cram into one of these things with another group. Disney days they'll hold 10 people comfortably but their idea of comfortable is a little skewed.

OG Runner

My brother will be with us but that only makes 5 people in our group. :( I do not like the idea of having to cram into one of these things with another group. Disney days they'll hold 10 people comfortably but their idea of comfortable is a little skewed.
Should be fun when the gondola stops and starts swinging a bit with a full car.

Goofyernmost

You want to talk about fights breaking out, just think about how dumb enforcing that more than for a few minutes at closing time. No CM is going to risk personal harm to cram people into a continuously moving conveyance.

MagicRat

For the non skiers who don’t want to ride with another group, go to blizzard beach and watch, just act like you don’t underatand English, walk confused and take the next car. I have seen it on lifts and gondolas, and theme park rides too.

Lilofan

You want to talk about fights breaking out, just think about how dumb enforcing that more than for a few minutes at closing time. No CM is going to risk personal harm to cram people into a continuously moving conveyance.
I wouldn’t be risking personal harm if I was a CM on a Saturday night confronting a wasted guest after they drank around the world at Epcot Food and Wine.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I'd imagine a well timed fart might be effective in helping you get a cabin to yourself... alternatively, you could wear a mask and just constantly cough while you are in line (not small gentle coughs, massive "hacking up a lung" type coughs)... either may sway the cast member doing the grouping to provide sympathy to the group you would potentially be joined with...

Lilofan

Good! Now that we share gondolas again I can enlight more people in a loud voice for ten minutes about why the earth is flat and we're ruled by lizards!
Haven’t been on the Skyliner and don’t plan to. Heard that a rescue won’t happen in a timely manner if that happens. Monorail guests for example were stuck for several hours before firefighters rescued them during a breakdown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom