Great news about skyliner....good bye to an annoyance..

mysto

I imagine moving sidewalks as the ultimate short range public transit. They can handle a huge number of riders, no need to wait for a car or even a ferry, it's always there.

Casper Gutman

Boats are my favorite mode of transport.
So calm, peaceful, love the breeze, sound of the motor.
Just being on the water. Wish they could build waterways through entire complex.

That said, Skyliner is fun with being slightly terrifying!
The boats are a big reason Universal is so much more pleasant then WDW at the moment.

As for the Skyliner, I enjoyed it a great deal... riding alone. I agree with UNC, though - riding in a full cabin would be unappealing and I'd go out of my way to avoid it. Aside from the intimate seating, which is certainly an issue, the Skyliners occupy a strange space, straddling the line between attraction and mass transport. I'd be more willing to accept a full bus at Disney then a full Skyliner.

Also, this is an odd time to make the change, with Covid soaring. I know that, for better or worse, most folks have decided to ignore the situation, but this still seems like a change that should have occurred a few months ago when the pandemic was waning.

Casper Gutman

Perfect strategy for breaking the silence between strangers in a gondola:

Shout a joke to someone down below. They will inevitably not respond or even hear you. Then say to the people in your gondola “I guess that joke went over their head.”
How NOT to break the silence: Announce that you badly need to use the restroom and then offer undeniable audible and olfactory proof. Repeatedly. A guest sharing my ride vehicle during a long delay on Splash Mountain once opted for this icebreaker.

Timed right, though, I guess this might earn you your own cabin.

Tom P.

Am I the only one who will never set foot on the gondolas because of my extreme fear of heights? It's bad enough that there are times even on the monorail or Peter Pan's Flight where I get a little nervous. The Skyliner is an absolute no-go for me.

Lilofan

How NOT to break the silence: Announce that you badly need to use the restroom and then offer undeniable audible and olfactory proof. Repeatedly. A guest sharing my ride vehicle during a long delay on Splash Mountain once opted for this icebreaker.

Timed right, though, I guess this might earn you your own cabin.
Believe it or not, some with a chronic illness do go on vacation. Let's show some compassion.

Patcheslee

I imagine moving sidewalks as the ultimate short range public transit. They can handle a huge number of riders, no need to wait for a car or even a ferry, it's always there.
These are 100% fun to be on, but The Jetsons goes through my head every time

DisneyDebRob

If I tell them I have Monkeypox will they let me ride alone?
B84A3B5F-45C3-4222-AA36-28412EDF2A3D.jpeg

MagicRat

Perfect strategy for breaking the silence between strangers in a gondola:

Shout a joke to someone down below. They will inevitably not respond or even hear you. Then say to the people in your gondola “I guess that joke went over their head.”
Yeah that Is pretty funny and as for someone who has to converse for a living I would react to that situation in an equally humorous way, I would stare at that person’s forehead the rest of the ride with my sunglasses over my eyes. The look at me idiot who wants to intervene on my family’s day will feel self conscious the rest of the ride and my group will have a good laugh when we get off the transportation.

That is fine gondolas are now acting as they should, this is how they operate on ski slopes, along with multi person lifts. It doesn’t give you the opportunity to hit on the other people in the car like a cattle bar. Actually you should respect people‘s space there too. Face it you are not as interesting and cute as you think you are, some people just want to get from one place to the next without entertainment. It doesn’t make you an introvert.

Tony the Tigger

Funny..now the millennials will actually have to know how to converse like us Genx ers. No more staring at your phone and not even knowing if its daylight out....I have found the Gen z folks can actually converse better than millennials..
The last thing I want is to be on a gondola with…certain people…talking.

Solitaire on my phone will do just fine.

But I’ll stay away at peak times until covid is over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom