Great Movie Ride - Pick 2 scenes

Texzilla

The Mummy bit between Indy and Tarzan had always bugged me. Not really part of any actual movie. A few years back when they tried to reference the Mummy remake, without really being able to mention it, was kind of lame. And the current "I see dead people" line is getting old. Since Universal has their classic version of the movie monsters, maybe some public domain silent movie monsters instead. Like Count Orlock from Nosferatu or The Golem. John Barrymore's Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde. Maybe even Thomas Edison's version of the Frankenstein Monster. Yea I know, pretty obscure but they wouldn't have to buy the rights from anyone and would be kind of easy to pull off.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
The only one annoying to me really is Tarzan. Id take that out and put in something scary or a Star Wars sceene since Disney doesnt have something the deals with the actual movie...Rex...Pssshhhhhh!

imagineer boy

For the gangster seciton when you're going down the alley, two rooms hidden by scrim on either side of the vehicle could light up where one could be a Godffather scene and the other could be Goodfellas. The Godfather scene could be any of the conversations with Don Corleone in the movie while the Goodfellas scene could be the Joe Pesci "What's so funny about me?" scene (F-bombs edited out of course).

BTW, I think they really could extend the ride because there is a lot of empty backstage space behind the GMR ride building, so a lot of new scenes could go there.

PaisleyMF

Just to give some light, MGM doesn't own Wizard of Oz, is now owned by Turner/Warner Bros.

My humble opinion Footlight Parade and Tarzan. Revamp Indy, Western and Gangster. And a newer Finale!

Maybe keep Fantasia but use the Davy Jones effect from Pirates?

C&D

I'm thinking the most under represented genre is Comedy; I'd be good for a scene from "Animal House", "Caddyshack", "Ghost Busters" etc....................my two cents contribution :)

DisneyPrincess5

I'm thinking the most under represented genre is Comedy; I'd be good for a scene from "Animal House", "Caddyshack", "Ghost Busters" etc....................my two cents contribution :)

I agree and never really thought about that. Comedy really isn't featured...although I'd add different movies from the ones you listed, comedy should be considered.

plaz10

i agree on the comedy aspect. should have some classic comedy (guys chanting "toga" from animal house) or something.

footlight parade? lets put a more popular musical at the beginning. maybe 'chorus line' singing 'one'. i just feel like we could update that to something more people know.

star wars to replace 'alien' but we need a scary appearance by the emperor or something to keep up with the alien coming out. its that little thrill that the GMR needs. my only problem with this is all the star wars attention elsewhere...but i can't think of another movie that would fit the sci fi section better. keeping alien wouldnt be sooo bad...

i couldnt agree MORE for a Godfather scene in the gangster section

and rocky training 'eye of the tiger' would be awesome to see as well.

donvincenzo

As I already said, I would definitely love to see The Godfather added. I don't think the tollbooth scene would work, because you can't properly represent that scene without Sonny getting blown to bloody bits, and there's no way they'd show that.

Personally, I think the very opening scene would work great, when Vito's talking to Bonasera, with his cat on his lap. I think strolling through that scene with the very dim lighting would be just awesome. Or another one I would love is the classic "But I'm a superstitious man" scene. Man, I really wish this could happen...

RiversideBunny

What I would replace is not a whole scene but a figure in one of them.
The current dummy of Ripley in the Aliens scene is not up to Disney standards. It looks like something that was left over from a high school play.
They could easily replace it with a much better animatronic model.

Tks.
:)

AshaNeOmah

They could put Gone With the Wind in that space or across from Casablanca. Have Rhett and Scarlet standing in front of Tara during a sunset, with Max Stiner's music playing while Scarlet's dress is blowing in the wind.

This idea is great. Gone with the Wind has to be one of the top 5 iconic Hollywood films of all time.

Like many, I would get rid of Alien. I didn't much care for it when it was added and it still doesn't do anything for me now. I also believe the segment that is supposed to be scary just doesn't work when you have 2 full cars of people.

I could also see replacing the Tarzan scene with something. POTC comes to mind. The African Queen would also be a great addition to keep with the jungle theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom