Great Movie Ride - Pick 2 scenes

Thunder Fan

Original Poster
If you could remove two scenes from the great movie ride and replace them which two would you pick and what would you suggest to replace them?

Thrill Seeker

Well since the deal with MGM is over, I would replace Wizard of Oz with Enchanted. I would also replace Alien with either Star Wars or The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

SirGoofy

Get rid of Tarzan. It's the only movie in the ride I don't consider "great." I would replace it with a Star Wars scene.

And then replace Alien with a Lord of the Rings scene.

SeaBreeze

I would get rid of Alien because that scene traumatized me as a kid (and was the reason my family avoided Studios for a solid 15+ years :lol:) I'd also get rid of Tarzan because it's not nearly as classic as the rest of the scenes in there.

I wouldn't touch the Wizard of Oz though...it's an iconic movie and guests will always be familiar with it. Plus the singing creepy munchkins were always my cue that it was safe to open my eyes after cowering from the aliens :animwink:

toetheline29

I like the ideas to add a scene from Star Trek and Lord of the Rings (maybe from Moria with the Balrog, because then all the Fellowship is together?). I agree with eliminating the Tarzan scene - it just doesn't add much overall to the ride. I don't know if I consider Alien a great movie, but I like the scene in the ride. The horror section is underdeveloped, but probably expanding on it would be too much for many guests (likely including me :eek:). I don't know what other scene, besides Tarzan, I would remove. Oh, and I would expand on the Casablanca scene as well (maybe add something on the otherside... even if it was just an empty cafe scene with a piano - or better yet, with an AA of Sam!).

I wish they would make the video montage at the end longer, though. There's so many great movies that don't make an appearance (and since the deal with MGM is over, maybe they could get rights from another film company). That's my favorite part of the ride, though. It makes me want to go home and just watch movies all day :ROFLOL:.

DizneyPryncess

i would get rid of Tarzan too, and some of the horror movie parts. I would keep Alien, only because it was one of the most memorable parts for me the first time I rode it. It terrified me. Some of the other horror movie parts i wouldn't miss though. I'm getting tired of the "I see dead people" line. I would love to see a LOTR's scene!

Animaniac93-98

Play it again, Sam!

:brick::rolleyes:

But I'm not going to touch that...

My two? Footlight Parade since it's busted anyway and I think a nice Fred and Ginger musical could go there. Fantasia could go too since it's not the best quick fix solution for that space (would rather they start again). They could put Gone With the Wind in that space or across from Casablanca. Have Rhett and Scarlet standing in front of Tara during a sunset, with Max Stiner's music playing while Scarlet's dress is blowing in the wind.

I wouldn't mind Basil Rathbone and Errol Flynn's end duel from The Adventures of Robin Hood put in or some old monster flicks (I Know Universal owns them).

In all I'd rather they add then subtract both with new scenes and upgraded effects and more detail added to the sets.

Edit: Forbidden Planet mixed with Alien would be cool! Have the Sci-Fi section start outside with the monster begin fired at by the crew from that MGM film then go inside the ship to find the interior like Alien with another monster waiting to get you!

hrcollectibles

I think they should replace the western Scene with a Scene from Blazing Saddles. With Bart welcoming us to Rock Ridge and Lili Von Shtupp Singing to us And they Could Replace Alien with a Scene from Spaceballs. Perhaps the Battle Between Lord Helmet and Lonestar. Sorry I am a Bit of a Mel Brooks Fan

erasure fan1

I would get rid of tarzan and add starwars (return of the Jedi, Luke v.s. Vader.) or, and I know its not a "classic (EPI Quigon and Obiwan v.s. Darth Maul) It makes me giddy just thinking about it.

I would also get rid of Fantasia becasue its just kind of there and add Transformers. The scene doesnt matter because all the robots are just so cool! As long as Optimus Prime is there Im happy.

If you could find some extra room I would sure love to see an epic battle of the shwartz with dark hellmet and lone star from spaceballs! :ROFLOL:

"Raspberry! There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry! Lone Star! "

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom