Great Movie Ride Effects Watch

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Since I see the place a lot, I figured I'd post updates when something changes on this signature attraction. I'll start things off with a few updates.

Pre 3/6: Props in queue updated, now includes Freddy's Sweater from Nightmare on Elm Street and Holo Chess Board from Star Wars.

Side Alien updated with drool effects.

3/6: Black Limmo added to courtyard.

As of 3/7: Manhole Munchkin Working

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Id be fine if they just put CM's who can play the role of the driver better. Last visit we had a girl with a heavy British accent that was the Cowboy/girl that high jacks the ride. It was dreadful. I never knew there were British cowboys. The part where she said "nows a good time to collect all your valuables" was nothing short of hillarious. Felt like I was being robbed by Hermione from Harry Potter!lol. I hope it was no ones first time riding it, as it would have surely confused them

dreamscometrue

I rode this last week for the first time in a while and was surprisingly pleased with how good everything looked and sounded. Gangster/Cowboy scenes fully functioning, both animatronic aliens working.

Interesting you said that. When we rode in late December and early January, we all thought that it looked the best it has in years. Every effect we'd ever seen, at least in the past 10 years, was working. There may be other effects that some people on here know about, which were not on, but I've been on it 25 times in the past 10 years and never saw it look better. Also, we felt the exact same way about MuppetVision 3D. Overall, We hadn't seen all the DHS attractions in such great shape in a long time. Not sure why, but that's the way it should always be.

Edit: Last time on GMR we had best CM ever (Caleb).

pumpkin7

One of the Aliens has drool? Epic! Does the other one jump out at you yet out of the ceiling? I know when I was younger that thing used to scare the jellybeans out of me, but last time I rode I can't remember whether it was there or not, or whether it was stationary.
Now they just need to give Ripley a makeover so she looks like who she is supposed to look like!

Timekeeper

One of the Aliens has drool? Epic! Does the other one jump out at you yet out of the ceiling? I know when I was younger that thing used to scare the jellybeans out of me, ...

...which begs the question, what happens to a jellybean when it gets scared?

2368130.png

RonAnnArbor

Everything was looking good last week -- the aliens both worked correctly; all the animatronics are working. The one thing that has not been fixed, and has been broken now for over a year, is the munchkin in the munchkinland scene who comes out of the ground with the sewer cover on his head...that hasn't happened since October 2011...

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Everything was looking good last week -- the aliens both worked correctly; all the animatronics are working. The one thing that has not been fixed, and has been broken now for over a year, is the munchkin in the munchkinland scene who comes out of the ground with the sewer cover on his head...that hasn't happened since October 2011...

Last time I checked he was working.

RonAnnArbor

He wasn't working on any of three rides on 2/28, 3/1 or 3/2...nor on any ride in Jan or Feb of this year, or Oct, Nov or Dec of last year....so of maybe 12 times I've gone on it in the last six months, its never worked

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm going to ask a dumb question I already know the answer to, but is there any chance at all that the Footlight Parade sequence will be made cool again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom