Great Movie Ride Actors/Actress's

ihatefastpass

Original Poster
Ok, so im gonna put you in a scenario ok?.. your on the great movie ride and everything great.. your tram is getting stolen by a gangster and it seems very exciting.. UNTILL you find out that ur getting hijacked by a irish women trying to pull off an Italian accent and telling you "she dont like red liyyghtts!".. this in my opinion does not work. ha i dont wanna come across sexist or anything, but i want a italian kid whose got some personality.. when i was younger i got this great ganster who talked to people and made fun of them through the ride, it was so funny.. im just saying that the gangsters and cowboys should be manly guys.. because lets face it.. in the 30's there were really no female gangsters and it just doesn't feel right ha any thoughts?

toystory 3

I never really liked that ride.... but I really dont see why it matters if it a guy or a girl, the movie sets are suppose to be the eye poppers.

PuertoRekinSam

Ah the joys of the union enviroment. I remember when women were only allowed to do the bandit shows, but then after 911 they cut down to mostly ganster shows. 'And that wasn't fair' so women were now able to do both shows. (I'm not saying that's wrong, I'm just setting the scene the way it happened). There is no way of passing a rule to only allows Italians to be the gansters.

mickeymatt

Ok, so im gonna put you in a scenario ok?.. your on the great movie ride and everything great.. your tram is getting stolen by a gangster and it seems very exciting.. UNTILL you find out that ur getting hijacked by a irish women trying to pull off an Italian accent and telling you "she dont like red liyyghtts!".. this in my opinion does not work. ha i dont wanna come across sexist or anything, but i want a italian kid whose got some personality.. when i was younger i got this great ganster who talked to people and made fun of them through the ride, it was so funny.. im just saying that the gangsters and cowboys should be manly guys.. because lets face it.. in the 30's there were really no female gangsters and it just doesn't feel right ha any thoughts?

I agree. Last two times we rode we had a girl gangster and it wasn't even half way beliveable. They couldn't do the accents and they just kind of half heartedly went through the script. What gives?

Thrill Seeker

That really messes up the experience when the actor hijacking your vehicle can't act right. I've had a few guys who couldn't pull off an accent either, so it's not just women, although I've had more bad women actors than male.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Ah the joys of the union enviroment. I remember when women were only allowed to do the bandit shows, but then after 911 they cut down to mostly ganster shows. 'And that wasn't fair' so women were now able to do both shows. (I'm not saying that's wrong, I'm just setting the scene the way it happened). There is no way of passing a rule to only allows Italians to be the gansters.

Sure there is...it's called casting. It's done in Hollywood every day.

ihatefastpass

Original Poster
yeah casting should be better.. just something thats seems to be happening to me alott.. my whole family is huge disney fans, my mom, my dad and my two older sisters.. and we always try to get on the gangster tram.. and when its a women my whole family looks at each other and basically gives the look like " yeaaa ritttee"

Slipknot

They are just regular CMs who got trained as Gangster/Bandit. There is no audition or anything. Just work at GMR long enough and be patient and you too can be a Gangster/Bandit (at least that's how it was when I worked there April 06 - May 07). Trust me, I've been a Gangster and Bandit. It is just up to the manager in charge of choosing who to be trained next.

ihatefastpass

Original Poster
They are just regular CMs who got trained as Gangster/Bandit. There is no audition or anything. Just work at GMR long enough and be patient and you too can be a Gangster/Bandit (at least that's how it was when I worked there April 06 - May 07). Trust me, I've been a Gangster and Bandit. It is just up to the manager in charge of choosing who to be trained next.

thats awsome.. quick questionn.. ive been on the ride alottttt.. now how do you disappear ?? is there a revolving door or something? haha just something ive always wondered..

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

Bonnie and Clyde, Ma Barker?

scpergj

That'll be interesting when Jimmy decides he wants to be a princess...:D

T-1MILLION

I don't care what gender the crooks are as long as they are good. That bein said I could see where a heavy Irish or other accent could clash if they are also trying to do the Joisy lines and such..

Tom Morrow

I could care less what gender they are, but this role, and a few other operations roles, are ones that I wish required some sort of audition, along with Tower of Terror, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Safaris, etc... anything with more than basic spieling or playing a "character."

At Universal, for example, you have to audition to work at Jaws. Unfortunately, Disney's casting placement doesn't work that way.

Slipknot

At Universal, for example, you have to audition to work at Jaws. Unfortunately, Disney's casting placement doesn't work that way.

Ironically, I know of 5 former co-workers of mine that were all Gangster trained at GMR that quit Disney and work(ed) Jaws... Go figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom