Great Movie Ride Actors/Actress's

Nixjem

Ever hear of Film noir / Femme fatale

"During the film noir era of the 1940s and 1950s, the femme fatale flourished in American cinema. Examples include the overly-possessive and narcissistic wife Ellen Brent Harland, portrayed by Gene Tierney, in Leave Her to Heaven (1945), who will stop at nothing to keep her husband's affections. Another is Brigid O'Shaughnessy, portrayed by Mary Astor, who uses her acting skills to murder Sam Spade's partner in The Maltese Falcon. Yet another is the cabaret singer portrayed by Rita Hayworth in Gilda (1946),[9] who sexually manipulates her husband and his best friend. Another noir femme fatale is Phyllis Dietrichson, played by Barbara Stanwyck, who seduces a hapless insurance salesman and persuades him to kill her husband in Double Indemnity (1944).[9] In The Paradine Case, a Hitchcock movie from 1947, the character played by Alida Valli is a poisonous femme fatale who is responsible for the deaths of two men and the near destruction of another. One often referred to example is the character of Jane in 1949's Too Late for Tears, played by Lizabeth Scott. During her quest to keep some dirty money from its rightful recipient and her husband, she uses poison, lies, sexual teasing and a gun to keep men wrapped around her finger. In some situations, she uses lying or coercion rather than charm. She may also be (or imply to be) a victim, caught in a situation from which she cannot escape; The Lady from Shanghai (a 1948 film noir) giving one such example. Her characteristic weapon, if needed, is frequently poison, which also serves as a metaphor for her charms."

A bad actor is a bad actor but a female in the part does not betray the time or genre.

ihatefastpass

Original Poster
all im sayin is thats its more believable.. women who can act are great! im not saying that.. but a gangster stealing a car should be a guy.. those costumes that they make the women wear are just stupid imo

toetheline29

There are good and not-so-good CMs at the GMR, both male and female. The best gangster we've encountered happened to be a girl. She had a good accent, acted the part (she glared suspiciously at us all frequently) and most of all, deviated from the script as needed (meaning, she felt free to interact with the group). The best GMR CMs are the ones that do that.

I've witnessed good and bad, male and female gangsters. How well you can act is far more important than gender here.

On a side note, it really bugs me when your original driver isn't really in to it. Anybody can be enthusiastic.

C&D

We, my wife and I, critique our guide (at the end of the ride and of course to ourselves) to keep it fun. Even if they were awful, sometimes real awful, is good (you know, at least for a chuckle). :ROFLOL:

DisneyPrincess5

I have found on more recent trips that the acting is iffy in general. But I haven't seen a big difference in a man or woman...seems the same to me:shrug:

Figment632

Unlike the Jungle Cruise I hardly ever get a good actor on GMR, it is usually terrible. The should get rid of them all together, wasnt there an idea originally to have the muppets be the tour guides? They should do this replace the actors with interactive mupet AA's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom