Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

rocketraccoon

Hey! It's Grand Avenue!
Grand Avenue 10-15-2017-5 by Rocket Raccoon, on Flickr

Goofy has moved from the ABC Commissary to the new doors out by Grand Avenue. He seems more popular here.
Grand Avenue 10-15-2017-3 by Rocket Raccoon, on Flickr

A mild annoyance is that the little balcony at Tatooine Traders has been covered up with scrim. I wonder what's gonna happen to that area since the old pathway will be gone forever.
Grand Avenue 10-15-2017-4 by Rocket Raccoon, on Flickr

Some sort of tarp thing and a pole have popped up on the old path.
Grand Avenue 10-15-2017-6 by Rocket Raccoon, on Flickr

The tunnel is coming along nicely. The facade looks pretty similar to something that has been posted here (and the SWL thread) plenty of times.
Grand Avenue 10-15-2017-2 by Rocket Raccoon, on Flickr
Tunnels_%20%281%29-thumb-600x479-77250.jpg

Yep, Ms. Piggy Fountain is still in a box. Easier to take photos of at least.
Grand Avenue 10-15-2017-7 by Rocket Raccoon, on Flickr

And Grand Park is technically part of Grand Avenue now, so here: The construction walls by the exit to Muppet*Vision 3D have moved inward, including taking over a small part of the queue.
Grand Avenue 10-15-2017-8 by Rocket Raccoon, on Flickr

(hey, you can click on any of those images and see them in super high quality! creative commons!)

NiarrNDisney

A mild annoyance is that the little balcony at Tatooine Traders has been covered up with scrim. I wonder what's gonna happen to that area since the old pathway will be gone forever.

And Grand Park is technically part of Grand Avenue now, so here: The construction walls by the exit to Muppet*Vision 3D have moved inward, including taking over a small part of the queue.

So what do we think is going to happen to these two sites?

SamN'Dean

Hey! It's Grand Avenue!
Grand Avenue 10-15-2017-5 by Rocket Raccoon, on Flickr

Goofy has moved from the ABC Commissary to the new doors out by Grand Avenue. He seems more popular here.
Grand Avenue 10-15-2017-3 by Rocket Raccoon, on Flickr

The tunnel is coming along nicely. The facade looks pretty similar to something that has been posted here (and the SWL thread) plenty of times.
Grand Avenue 10-15-2017-2 by Rocket Raccoon, on Flickr
Tunnels_%20%281%29-thumb-600x479-77250.jpg

Yep, Ms. Piggy Fountain is still in a box. Easier to take photos of at least.
Grand Avenue 10-15-2017-7 by Rocket Raccoon, on Flickr

(hey, you can click on any of those images and see them in super high quality! creative commons!)

I think "Grand Avenue" is just as ugly as I suspected it would be.

llrain

A taproom to showcase Craft ales as disney called it, and wine from California. A perfect opportunity to bring Monkish in, yet they do not have the best California "craft", yet the way too mainstream beer is on tap. why disney? why? go for real craft beer, not the run of the mill Sierra Navada and Lagunitas..can get these anywhere...Put Monkish in there and you will have lines all day long

jakeman

A taproom to showcase Craft ales as disney called it, and wine from California. A perfect opportunity to bring Monkish in, yet they do not have the best California "craft", yet the way too mainstream beer is on tap. why disney? why? go for real craft beer, not the run of the mill Sierra Navada and Lagunitas..can get these anywhere...Put Monkish in there and you will have lines all day long
It's a balance there, probably with whoever Disney uses as a distributor, beers that are craft, beers that can offer a consistent supply to meet demand, and beers accessible enough for the general public.

I think it's a good mix. There is one Sierra Nevada and one Lagunitas. They are still technically craft beers (Lagunitas being owned by Heineken makes it debatable if you care about that sort of thing) and it's a small portion of the menu that has a couple of readily recognizable beer.

Perhaps my craft beer bar is too low (doubt it) but this is about what I would expect from a beer bar in a theme park. If this was a North Carolina beer bar, I would want 217 Brewing, Bond Brothers, and Wise Man, but I would expect New Belgium, Oskar Blues, and Sierra Nevada.

If you are looking for a very good selection of local craft beers the outside bar at the base of Planet Hollywood is a great choice. We were surprised at the variety there. Overall though, if I want an uncommon craft beer, a theme park isn't going to be my go to.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom