Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

Prototype82

What ever happened to the "Historic District" sign I remember seeing during a construction update? I thought it was a neat prop... It's silly how interested I am in this area but I feel like it's a small change that's moving the park in the right direction. And anything non-IP fascinates me...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Nice picture from bioreconstruct on Twitter that gives a good idea of what the Star Wars Land entrance will look like...

upload_2017-10-28_8-55-28.png

DisneyRoy

That's what's there now. Framed nicely to show a little construction as possible,

I wonder how much of the Galaxy's Edge landscape will be able to be seen above the tunnel and those trees? Looks like a lot might actually be hidden. Which is interesting because I thought with the height they would be able to be seen from anywhere.

wdrive

I wonder how much of the Galaxy's Edge landscape will be able to be seen above the tunnel and those trees? Looks like a lot might actually be hidden. Which is interesting because I thought with the height they would be able to be seen from anywhere.

I believe the tunnel still has a berm to go on top of it.

rocketraccoon

It's Grand (and full of construction walls and fences) Avenue!

The entrance to SWL is getting closer to being presentable. Seems like the actual tunnel is coming along well.

Dirt being piled up on top of the entrance.

The part of Grand Avenue with the old Chevrolet building is getting worked on, with rebar and concrete going in. Will probably just be backstage access.

The very large doors in Grand Avenue which go backstage now have walls that go to the side of Tatooine Traders. This went up really quick!

The same is being done out by Gonzo's Royal Flush, but it's still a ways away.

Speaking of Tatooine Traders, the scrim has moved back a bit to reveal a little fence-y thing going up to the side stairs, blocking off the old path.

Sure enough, the concrete on the old path is gone. Through one or two gaps in the fence you can see an irrigation system being installed. I guess this'll just be trees and nice plants once it's done.

This is at the other end of Grand Avenue. Not sure what's happening with this. It was just shrubbery.

(hey, you can click on any of those images and see them in super high quality! creative commons!)

matt9112

A taproom to showcase Craft ales as disney called it, and wine from California. A perfect opportunity to bring Monkish in, yet they do not have the best California "craft", yet the way too mainstream beer is on tap. why disney? why? go for real craft beer, not the run of the mill Sierra Navada and Lagunitas..can get these anywhere...Put Monkish in there and you will have lines all day long

because most Disney world guests know what that is? having a selection better than carts is a start and although the list isn't some smash it has some good flavors on it. I keep hearing this trend throughout the entire thread.

"it's not California" "Grand ave doesn't actually look like that" "the beer selection isn't a good representation of California" "it doesn't feel like California to me"

news flash it's in central Florida in a theme park maybe a little suspension of disbelief will go a long way here. to me it looks great a nice little mini street with some bright colors and some beer. what's not to like?
if I wanted to see authentic California I would not go to lake Buena vista.

FigmentFan3

It's been asked before, but is there any, even slight chance that we'll see some remnants of the Osborne Lights on the remaining facades?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom