Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

Club Cooloholic

I know it's an all new place, but darn it I will miss the Writer's Stop. That was my go to spot for a coffee and pastry while waiting to see the Jedi Training show. Beer, beer more beer....it's cool but books and coffee are cool too.
Honestly, I would love if they had a bookstore/animation academy there. Take the art classes at Disneyland's Cali Adventure is one of my daughters favorite things to do.

Texas84

Went there Sunday after the Epcot 35th. Really liked it. Just a nice place to hang out and relax with a beer. Loved the music but the traffic noise was annoying. And the pretzel wasn't that great but to be fair I had just spent about 4 hours at F&W.

They could probably improve the queue but then it wouldn't be like a real "shove your way to the front" bar. It was basically line up in front of the card/MB reader.

wannabeBelle

I was there two days ago, and it was really cool!!! I loved the vibe and the relaxed atmosphere. The beers were good as per one of my friends, the bartender made me a sangria out of ingredients he had on hand, which was decent. The large pretzel snack was good as well, the only thing wrong for me was the background music which is God awful!!! Picture Another Brick in the Wall slowed down and lightened to elevator music and the lyrics sung by a breathy 12 year old girl. It was terrible. I really hope they change the music loop over there to match the cool location that this is!!! The songs aren't bad, the renditions that they are is the awful part. Fleetwood Mac, Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd etc. would definitely work in their original formats, or even background music from the Studios would be fine too. Marie

Prototype82

Went there Sunday after the Epcot 35th. Really liked it. Just a nice place to hang out and relax with a beer. Loved the music but the traffic noise was annoying.
Wait there is traffic noise? Maybe I'm in the minority, but I was hoping they'd keep those sound effects in the area...

wannabeBelle

I thought Texas84 meant the people walking by. I certainly didn't hear any traffic noises, although you can hear the explosions from Indy pretty clearly. Marie

halltd

I thought Texas84 meant the people walking by. I certainly didn't hear any traffic noises, although you can hear the explosions from Indy pretty clearly. Marie
Went last night. Loved the area and the beer. I concur that the traffic noises were annoying. They overpower the normal music. If they were really in the background, they'd be ok.

matt9112

It's a bar. Kids don't belong in bars. Won't stop parents from bringing kids in. But part of that problem is on Disney for not having some sort of signage calling it a 'bar'. Disney likes to coyly use 'lounge' or 'taphouse' to make it sound upscale but... it's a bar.

well since it's in a Disney theme park filled MOSTLY with parents who have children I think your out of luck there.

matt9112

I wonder how many people at WDW when looking at this area would recognize it as part of LA. I know I wouldn't. I think it looks nice for what it is. I wish it was a real bar where you could get some great cocktails like the Carthay Circle Lounge at DCA but this is what it is and I guess it's better than some options.

it's not DCA and it never will be.

matt9112

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away there was an adult only sanctuary called Pleasure Island. It was an amazing place where every night was New Years Eve. Every establishment was only open to those 21 and over. One could find entertainment of every genre, from Country to rock to dance to comedy. Bars every ten feet with Frankie and West End Boys belting out familiar tunes on an outdoor stage that made any outdoor venue green with envy. Sadly, they paved paradise and filled it with "insert your city here" mall.

I seem to remember a Disney promo saying kids cod go into some
Can someone tell where this mall is where these bars exist?

The malls here in Colorado have your usual restaurants (Red Robin, Ruby Tuesdays, Yard House etc.) and then some have very grand restaurants (Steak Houses plus other local and national chains that are quite pricey) however none of them are just bars. The only place I have ever seen an actual Bar in a mall is in Las Vegas and even there they are not themed or look anywhere as nice as Baseline.

Seminole mall in sanford has a pirate ship themed bar in the food court.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's a bar. Kids don't belong in bars. Won't stop parents from bringing kids in. But part of that problem is on Disney for not having some sort of signage calling it a 'bar'. Disney likes to coyly use 'lounge' or 'taphouse' to make it sound upscale but... it's a bar.

well since it's in a Disney theme park filled MOSTLY with parents who have children I think your out of luck there.

Glad you're agreeing with me.

Also, define "mostly". The majority of the year school is in session all over the U.S. Who's in the park during that time? Sure, there are families with pre-schoolers, but, during that time, the majority of attendees are adults, especially in Epcot and DHS.

Casper Gutman

Are people actually saying that they shouldn't have a bar in DHS? They've had a bar in the Brown Derby building before and let's be honest, if they took all the bars out of Epcot, they'd probably be better off just closing the whole park.

I really don't see the issue here, it's a small bar tucked away in a corner.
Baseline doesn't bother me, but you raise an interesting question - how many pure bars does WDW have, ones that are not connected to a restaurant?

Also, I'm not sure citing what has happened to Epcot is a great defense of theme park bars!

matt9112

Glad you're agreeing with me.

Also, define "mostly". The majority of the year school is in session all over the U.S. Who's in the park during that time? Sure, there are families with pre-schoolers, but, during that time, the majority of attendees are adults, especially in Epcot and DHS.

I think school years stagger enough. especially since WDW is heavily visited from Europe and the like. if I saw some drop in strollers or something I might agree but the only time I notice visually a change is in world showcase during festivals (also known as all year) but even than I still see plenty of kids and strollers.

my point was it's hard to expect something to be adult only inside a theme park run by Disney period. I will go there and get drinks and I always have my family. that's what makes Disney a touch different IMHO. granted no pun intended my son is very quiet and polite as I wouldn't bring him inside ANY establishment ANYWHERE if he was causing a scene. (we wait in car) only happened once though.

Goofyernmost

Are people actually saying that they shouldn't have a bar in DHS? They've had a bar in the Brown Derby building before and let's be honest, if they took all the bars out of Epcot, they'd probably be better off just closing the whole park.

I really don't see the issue here, it's a small bar tucked away in a corner.
No, they are clearly saying that kids shouldn't be allowed in bars... period! Yes, it is WDW and yes, the majority of guest have brought along a rag-tag group of ankle biters, but, bars are not the place for children. I'd agree if I cared that much, it's not like someone has enough money to sit there all day long sloshing down drink after drink until every third sentence consist of "I love you man" or other statements that aren't meant for mixed company. If you have kids and you don't want them in there the solution is simple... Don't bring them in. No one is going to force the kids to have a couple of beer shots. It will all be fine. If you really want them to not be traumatized, make sure they don't watch any news shows.

wannabeBelle

No, they are clearly saying that kids shouldn't be allowed in bars... period! Yes, it is WDW and yes, the majority of guest have brought along a rag-tag group of ankle biters, but, bars are not the place for children. I'd agree if I cared that much, it's not like someone has enough money to sit there all day long sloshing down drink after drink until every third sentence consist of "I love you man" or other statements that aren't meant for mixed company. If you have kids and you don't want them in there the solution is simple... Don't bring them in. No one is going to force the kids to have a couple of beer shots. It will all be fine. If you really want them to not be traumatized, make sure they don't watch any news shows.
Forgive me if I am remembering incorrectly but wasn't that the argument for taking out Pleasure Island? That children shouldn't be exposed to adults in various states of sobriety?? And yes Goofyernmost, I do agree, if you don't want your children exposed to this don't bring them into a bar. Marie

matt9112

how come we don't just stop children at the international gateway than? is it not a giant outdoor bar?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom