Gran Fiesta Tour soft openings

RSoxNo1

In Disney's defense, the only character additions I think don't really fit the area have been Monster's Inc - I think that's taking liberties with Monster's being the same thing as Aliens. Aside from that, Stitch belongs in tomorrowland, Buzz Lightyear belongs in tomorrowland, the Three Caballeros belong in Mexico, and Nemo belongs in the Living Seas.

DisneyMusician2

"Theming" is a really interesting concept. I think its not too bad except for the Tomorrowland area. It really isn't forward-reaching anymore at all, just because of the investment to keep it current.

sknydave

In Disney's defense, the only character additions I think don't really fit the area have been Monster's Inc - I think that's taking liberties with Monster's being the same thing as Aliens. Aside from that, Stitch belongs in tomorrowland, Buzz Lightyear belongs in tomorrowland, the Three Caballeros belong in Mexico, and Nemo belongs in the Living Seas.

How are Monsters from another planet not the same thing as Aliens?

disnyfan89

Not only are they from a different planet but also a different dimension! Not to mention they have portals that can transport you anywhere and their world is powered by a enviromentally safe means. They sound lightyears ahead of us!

DisneyMusician2

Um....OK. The idea of Tomorrowland was to look into Earth's future and see what might become of us. As much fun as the fantasies like Buzz and Monsters are, they belong in Fanstasyland if you go by the current concept of theming. I know the Third Generation of Tomorrowland went to the Buck Rodgers kind of theming, but they really have lost the orignal concept, very similar to Future World. Its not that they are bad attractions, but they simply don't have in inner cohesion and connection anymore. "Tomorrowland" is simply in name, it could be called "Fantasyland 2" at this point.

RSoxNo1

Very simple. The concept of a monsters is a specifically created imaginary creature, they belong in fantasyland.

Aliens, are a sci-fi idea, that may be plausible. Tomorrowland has been largely sci-fi based, making aliens far more appropriate. To say that Buzz and Stitch don't belong in Tomorrowland also concedes that Space Mountain and the Rockets also do not belong, and that Alien Encounter was out of place as well. The Tomorrowland theme is a sci-fi look at the future. As an alien, Stitch fits into that category. As a space ranger, Buzz Lightyear fits into that category.

The parallel I do see is that Monsters come from a different world or plane of existence. That's really the only reasonable explanation because by all accounts, monsters aren't really a sci-fi idea, they're more of a fantasy/horror idea.

yodathefrog

Um....OK. The idea of Tomorrowland was to look into Earth's future and see what might become of us. As much fun as the fantasies like Buzz and Monsters are, they belong in Fanstasyland if you go by the current concept of theming. I know the Third Generation of Tomorrowland went to the Buck Rodgers kind of theming, but they really have lost the orignal concept, very similar to Future World. Its not that they are bad attractions, but they simply don't have in inner cohesion and connection anymore. "Tomorrowland" is simply in name, it could be called "Fantasyland 2" at this point.

But...didn't they confirm the change of the focus in the last update we got of Tomorrowland? It changed from the Earth's future, and what may become of our planet to a "sci-fi" look into the future that never was...thus opening the door for what we have today.

sknydave

Very simple. The concept of a monsters is a specifically created imaginary creature, they belong in fantasyland.

Aliens, are a sci-fi idea, that may be plausible. Tomorrowland has been largely sci-fi based, making aliens far more appropriate. To say that Buzz and Stitch don't belong in Tomorrowland also concedes that Space Mountain and the Rockets also do not belong, and that Alien Encounter was out of place as well. The Tomorrowland theme is a sci-fi look at the future. As an alien, Stitch fits into that category. As a space ranger, Buzz Lightyear fits into that category.

The parallel I do see is that Monsters come from a different world or plane of existence. That's really the only reasonable explanation because by all accounts, monsters aren't really a sci-fi idea, they're more of a fantasy/horror idea.

I'm sorry I asked.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But...didn't they confirm the change of the focus in the last update we got of Tomorrowland? It changed from the Earth's future, and what may become of our planet to a "sci-fi" look into the future that never was...thus opening the door for what we have today.
The last `update` - you mean the`94 rehab? That was specifically meant to be Earth, an Earth open to aliens to show their new technologies. It was almost a perfect transformation. Unlike Fantasyland East.

JimboJones123

A little off topic, I did see Panchito in the Marti Gras parade from the "Sabastian's Parti Gras" cassette this weekend. It made me think of this attraction.

PurpleDragon

Since we're on the subject of name changes, I was mad when I couldn't get a fastpass for Kitchen Kabaret last time since they were all gone by lunchtime. Also has anyone noticed how short the line for Captain EO is these days? :p

Sorry I'm bored. :shrug:

disnyfan89

I thought that Tomorrowland was an interplanetary space port that floated around in space and was the cross-roads for all walks of life. I also thought the focus on the future for humans was abandoned as that would require constant updates.

WDWFigment

I was reading through the last two pages of this thread, and started writing my response about what I felt about MILF...then I realized this is about Gran Fiesta...either I'm losing it, or this has gotten way off topic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom