Gran Fiesta Tour soft openings

mcranmer

Ummm.............

Very interesting reading, but to get this back on topic.....

Is the refurshment complete? Have soft openings occurred? Sunday is April 1!

Has anyone been on the new boat ride? If so, can us unfortunate souls that are stranded up north in the cold get a report?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
As far as I know, it hasn't opened yet. April 1st is a possbility for soft-opening as the CMs need to train on the new loading area, but otherwise the ride will operate the same manner as before, not requiring new training.

Bratstarman

As far as I know, it hasn't opened yet. April 1st is a possbility for soft-opening as the CMs need to train on the new loading area, but otherwise the ride will operate the same manner as before, not requiring new training.

I've heard the training will change - they no longer will have to wake you up to exit the boat.

:snore:

Chape19714

The WDW Website has the new Ride name, but the old ride description and photos. Somewhat progress. I'll be there tomorrow with a report, if nothing else.

Jorden

This and I'm willing to bet there's new cultural reps from Mexico who never worked the old ride who need to be fully trained on this new one (Granted I'm sure the mechanics are the same, but you still need to be trained if you've never used them).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Forgot to mention...

A few days ago I saw a CM working on the signage near the entrance to the old queue area. He was working on that little sign that currently says "El Rio is Closed.." that steve has on the main sight. I beleive he was trying to size graphics to it properly.

Later, someone opened the door in the rehab wall and i saw big mural of Donald Duck along what i beleive is the wall across from the queue on the other side of the boats as they load/unload.

Minor stuff, but what i saw.

Oh - one more thing - they installed little pyramid type stonework at the wheelchair ramp on the side of the pavilion entrance, they are like endcaps to the handrails and more clearly mark the wheelchair ramp with signage.

TarzanRocked99-

The new times guides out today still show El Rio del Tiempo down for Rehab, but of interesting note, now they say Reopens as Gran Fiest Tour starring the Three Caballeros in early April.

could they be pushing back the opening???

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The wall is in the way steve, you can't see anything from the pavilion other then the tip-tops of the temple, the volcano, and some trees.

However, about a week ago the pavilion smelled like "boat ride water" again. Then, this weekend (saturday) the water scent was wafting stronger - to me suggesting the pumps were running.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Small correction, read elsewhere that the walls at the restaurant came down last night, and they can see the boats cycling.

So, there's the answer for you :)

Walls are still up on the queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom