Gran Fiesta Tour - New Animatronics

ToTBellHop

Not sure But, this is what they looked like at Destination D before their modifications....

Destination D
IMG_6358a.jpg

Gran Fiesta...
1180w-600h_the-three-caballeros-animatronics-b-780x440.jpg
They gave Panchito toy guns.

zooey

Is this a preemptive plussing because of Frozen? Perhaps a lot of other surrounding attractions will get some additions. If Frozen has impressive AAs the rest of world showcase may look bare.
But I guess there's nowhere else to plus and would need new attractions... I would be surprised if they weren't looking at ways to utilize the old space in Germany Japan and maybe world showplace. Because WS is gonna be so lopsided.

Donaldfan1934

While they're not the most advanced figures ever (no eye or eyelid motion for instance), they were definitely upgraded to move substantially better compared to their most recent appearance at Tokyo Disneyland. Far more fluid than this-
One thing that should be noted was that there were three sets of caballeros in the show. If they still have the other two sets, they might be able to eventually update others scenes in the ride as well.

aladdin2007

Really like this nice, small addition to some thing in Epcot. Great job Disney!

Now we know what the rumored $350 mil for Epcot was for...

Yep was thinking same thing, though it should only be a drop in the bucket out of that sum....still sad they sat there waiting for years because they were too cheap to put them in to begin with....
now if only the show lighting in this ride could be improved, its too bright with spot and flood lights that ruin the original great atmosphere. not to mention the loss of the fog effect.

Cmdr_Crimson

Is this a preemptive plussing because of Frozen? Perhaps a lot of other surrounding attractions will get some additions. If Frozen has impressive AAs the rest of world showcase may look bare.
But I guess there's nowhere else to plus and would need new attractions... I would be surprised if they weren't looking at ways to utilize the old space in Germany Japan and maybe world showplace. Because WS is gonna be so lopsided.

I won't be surprised if this decides to show up between Morroco & France in the next 5 years and balance it out......New World Showcase Fantasyland is happening people..
image_header_welcome.jpg

TabulaRasa

I am absolutely in love with this addition. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the cartoonification of Epcot, if it's going to happen then I'd rather it make sense. The Three Caballeros takes place in Mexico, so I'm fine with their presence. Same goes for a Ratatouille ride/attraction in France.

Frozen on the other hand...

MuteSuperstar

Man why do fog effects always end up getting killed in every attraction? Such an easy thing to add atmosphere.

My guess, ONLY a guess, is that a tiny percentage of people have some sort of allergic reaction to them.

If not, then probably the usual excuse. Money.

Nice to see these vintage AA's added though. Still preferred the old version.

MerlinTheGoat

My guess, ONLY a guess, is that a tiny percentage of people have some sort of allergic reaction to them.

If not, then probably the usual excuse. Money.

Nice to see these vintage AA's added though. Still preferred the old version.
Can't see the allergy excuse holding up (if that's a real thing). Pirates still commonly uses fog for the Barbossa battle scene (unless it's broken/off that particular day).

Donaldfan1934

Though minor, they plussed something for no reason other than to improve the experience. Bravo.
I know. a lot of updates nowadays are a mixed bag like what they recently did to Star Tours. While part of the ride was updated properly, they also basically turned the ride into a movie trailer for episode VII. It's grea to see updates like the ones they did to this and the Little Mermaid that exist for nothing more other than quality improvement.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom