Graduation Celebration: HOT days, fun times, and plenty of food

I have only been home for 20 hours, and I am already missing the most magical place on earth, ESPECIALLY the weather. When I left Florida it was 95, and now I'm stuck with a high of 67. What's with mother nature? Anyway, I had an awesome 10 days at WDW, and I am excited to share my vacation with the wdwmagic family!

If any of you haven't read my pre-trip report, you can read it at this link: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=750730

WARNING: There may be some grammar mistakes in this report. I am a very fast typer, and I sometimes skip words or make spelling mistakes. I'm only human. Also, I am no Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), which means my photos aren't fantastic, but I try.

After 5 months of planning, June 11th was finally here. I was supposed to wake up at 4:30 am, but I hit the snooze which caused me to sleep in till 5:30. After getting all of our stuff together, we hit the road. Goodbye boring/cold Illinois! Hello warm/tropical Florida!

Here is a fantastic (sarcasm) photo of me and my disney girls. Don't I just look so alive? At least I'm representing my team.

IMG_0251 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

Here is our crazy amount of luggage, but hey were women! We need a lot of stuff!

IMG_0253 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr
At 6 am, we hit the road. Because everyone in our group has their license, we were all able to take turns driving. And guess who drove first? The one who has the least experience driving! My 16 year old sister, Jodi. I will admit, she is a pretty decent driver, but she scares me sometimes. With that said, my mom watched her very closely. She drove about 5 hours. Then, my mom took over until the middle of Tennessee.

AHHHHHHHH

IMG_0255 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

Goofing off in the car:

IMG_0958 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

Rock on!

IMG_0260 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

I'm so glad Katie was excited for the car ride. Good thing she doesn't know about this website, or she probably would kill me.

DSC_0447 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

YAY for Kentucky!

DSC_0462 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

Hello Nashville! Sadly, I fell asleep, and was not able to take a picture of "Welcome to Tennessee!".

DSC_0469 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

After driving through Kentucky and a little bit of Tennessee, my mom needed to rest her back, so I took over. I have a fear of driving in the mountains, and I was a tad freaked out about driving through them. Even though there not that bad, the mountains still freak me out. My mom talked me through, and I successfully drove through them. Phew! That was a relief.

Hello Atlanta! Katie took the picture because I was driving. Yes, I missed the Georgia welcome sign, but I was driving.

IMG_0267 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

After Atlanta, I got tired, so my mom took over. We made it to the border of Georgia at about 11:00. We decided to stay in a hotel for the night. We made our exit in Valdosta, GA. Finding a hotel was a NIGHTMARE. Every hotel was booked because Lady Antebellum was in town for a concert. WOW, we would choose to stay in a town with every hotel booked. It was insane! We were so desperate we even tried staying in this crack motel...

IMG_0959 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

HA! You gotta love the name. Unfortunately, they were booked, but the guy offered that we could stay downstairs... Oh my gosh. I don't even want to know what goes on downstairs. So we got the heck away from that place. Luckily, the sleep inn had one room left. It was a "suite" with a whirlpool. Woohoo! How fancy! You should have seen this place. It was no suite. Jodi and Katie were forced to sleep on the pull out couch, but they survived.

Stay tuned!!!!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
We checked in at 5:50, hoping we would get in earlier than our ADR. We were told the wait would be about twenty minutes. While waiting, we sat in the lobby and took in the ambiance of the Beach Club. At 6:20 we were seated.

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0088_2.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

I was very excited to try Cape May. I had never eaten there before. I also love seafood, so I was looking forward to see how the seafood tasted.

Out waitress was very odd, nice, but odd. She was helpful though on explaining where everything was. I was somewhat confused on how the line moved. Every side of the sqaure shaped buffet was moving in a different direction. When I would go around the to the next side after getting some food, I would be cutting the line.

Here is what I got on my first round:

Well, this plate was very disappointing. The mashed potatoes tasted like they came out of a box, the pasta wasn't anything good, the bread was good, the macaroni and cheese was good, and the fish on the plate wasn't good.
DSC_0090.jpg

My second plate consisted of popcorn shrimp and other foods. I loved the popcorn shrimp, but I could not find the shrimp sauce. I can't remember whether it was at the buffet or not, but I believe the waitress got it for us.

My mom loves crab, so she was thrilled to see that there was an unlimited amount of snow crab legs at the buffet. She thought the crab was pretty decent.

On to the dessert, the dessert was my favorite part of the meal. It was better than the dinner. I loved everything except for the flan. I'm not a big fan of flan's texture, but my mom liked it.

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

My thoughts on Cape May: Ehh, it was okay, but nothing special. I've seen so many good reviews on it though. Maybe I didn't give it a chance, or maybe I didn't try everything they had to offer. But with what I tried, I just didn't like it. My mom thought it was okay and Jodi and Katie weren't impressed. So I don't think we will be going again any time soon, but I am glad we tried it. I just don't think it will be on our to do list for Disney any time soon.

After Dinner, we went over to the Contemporary and did some hotel hopping. I honestly don't remember doing this, but I have pictures to prove it! After visiting all of the hotels on the monorail, my mom was determined to find the five legged goat. She heard about it while watching the DVC channel. I guess they were mentioning some WDW secrets/facts. We found it with the help of a monorail pilot. He also explained why it was there. He was really nice.

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

We then went back to pop and went swimming. Luckily, it didn't storm, so we were able to swim. Jodi, Katie, and I swam while my mom did laundry at the laundry mat. While swimming, Katie and I decided to race each other. When we finished, we looked over to find a random guy hitting on Jodi. OH NO HE DIDN'T! Haha as you can see, I am very protective of her. Nothing creepy, I just don't like to see guys hitting on her. So Katie and I went over there to see what was up. The guy said his friend dared him to go over there and talk her (pshhh yeah right)... and he was from Oregon and blah blah blah. He then asked how old she was and told him, 16. He turned out being my age, 18, what a creeper, hitting on someone younger than him. He ended up swimming away. Well, Jodi and Katie thought the guy and his friends were cute and blah blah blah. I couldn't even think about their cuteness, I was too annoyed. After that, we went the to laundry mat to visit my mom. She was complaining about how the laundry mat was dirty compared to Ft. Wilderness's, which was true. But it is what it is. Jodi, Katie, and I then decided to hit the hay because we were going to Epcot the next day.

Next Up: Epcot!!!!!!!!!

PolynesianPrincess

We then went back to pop and went swimming. Luckily, it didn't storm, so we were able to swim. Jodi, Katie, and I swam while my mom did laundry at the laundry mat. While swimming, Katie and I decided to race each other. When we finished, we looked over to find a random guy hitting on Jodi. OH NO HE DIDN'T! Haha as you can see, I am very protective of her. Nothing creepy, I just don't like to see guys hitting on her. So Katie and I went over there to see what was up. The guy said his friend dared him to go over there and talk her (pshhh yeah right)... and he was from Oregon and blah blah blah. He then asked how old she was and told him, 16. He turned out being my age, 18, what a creeper, hitting on someone younger than him. He ended up swimming away. Well, Jodi and Katie thought the guy and his friends were cute and blah blah blah. I couldn't even think about their cuteness, I was too annoyed. After that, we went the laundry mat to visit my mom. She was complaining about how the laundry mat was dirty compared to Ft. Wilderness's, which was true. But it is what it is. Jodi, Katie, and I then decided to hit the hay because we were going to Epcot the next day.

Next Up: Epcot!!!!!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel!! I'm very protective of my little sister, too! Well, shes not so little anymore (25) but I still am over protective of her!!! :lol:

We've never eaten at Cape May Cafe and really have no interest to, especially after reading your review lol

DisneySam

Great trip report, thanks for sharing with us! :wave:

Funnily enough, the Penne Chicken Alfredo you had at the Pop is one of my favorite counter service meals.

Disneygal1

Original Poster
I know exactly how you feel!! I'm very protective of my little sister, too! Well, shes not so little anymore (25) but I still am over protective of her!!! :lol:

We've never eaten at Cape May Cafe and really have no interest to, especially after reading your review lol

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one! She is always complaining about, but one day she will understand...:)

Yes, Cap May is really nothing special. I wish it was better though, but oh well:rolleyes:.

Hi Jess!
Just wanted to tell you I'm enyoing your TR so much! I'm glad you had such a great time! Congratulations on your graduation!!

Hello there!

I'm so glad you are liking! I definitely had an awesome time. And thank you!

Your photos are great - we can't all be Tom but you did a super job! Did you edit them before posting? Such vibrant colors!:sohappy:

Thank you! Haha I know. I tried taking pictures like him, but I guess I am not as photo "savvy". As for the editing, yes, for some of them I did. For most of the castle pictures I took during the day, I saturated the colors and enhanced them. I've been experimenting lately...

Great trip report, thanks for sharing with us! :wave:

Funnily enough, the Penne Chicken Alfredo you had at the Pop is one of my favorite counter service meals.

Thanks! I'm glad your enjoying!

I really was surprised on how good the Penne Chicken Alfredo was. Mmm, it's making me hungry right now!:lol:

Disneygal1

Original Poster
June 19th: Epcot and Dinner at the San Angel Inn. And a surprise with illuminations!

We woke up at 9ish and decided that we wanted to have a big breakfast, so we headed over to the Contemporary to try to see if we could eat Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We went up to the desk to see if there were any openings. The cast member told us they were booked, but he said he would find our "lost" reservation. He got us in! Which was very nice of him. We only waited about 10 minutes. I hadn't been to Chef Mickey's for breakfast in a while, so I was intrigued to find out whether it was still good or not. I liked it a lot. There was so much to choose from, and all of the fresh food was a real plus. The only thing we had to complain about was our waiter. He wasn't very attentive, and we often found ourselves with an abundance of dirty plates on our table. Other than that, we enjoyed our meal. Sadly, I did not take any pictures. I am not sure why, but I did take pictures of our dinner. So stay tuned!

After breakfast, we headed over to Epcot. We arrived at 11:25. We decided to go on Spaceship Earth to see if our future pictures would work. Sadly, they did not. I really don't know why. Maybe it was because we were making funny faces or we got the same "car" from last time. My mom was pretty disappointed, but still enjoyed the ride.

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0107_2.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0112_2.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0119_2.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

Disneygal1

Original Poster
DSC_0130.jpg

We then visited club cool. We cannot go to Epcot without trying some international pop or as the southerners say, soda... Jodi and I managed to trick Katie into trying beverly, again. We then took shots of beverly. I must say, it was quite gross, but funny.

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

After Club Cool, we headed over to Soarin' to get fast passes. Since we were in The Land, we decided to go on Living with the Land. I Love that ride. Jodi and Katie think it's boring, but that is not the case for me.

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0148_2.jpg

Disneygal1

Original Poster
DSC_0159.jpg

A hidden mickey!
DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0165_2.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

After Living with the Land, we headed over to the World Showcase. While heading over to the countries, we made a stop at the Disney Traders shop.

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

Disneygal1

Original Poster
She's so cool.
DSC_0200.jpg

Katie absolutely hates this toy haha. She always freaked out when she heard it. I manageD to take a picture of her complaining about it.
DSC_0201.jpg

Jodi also had been begging my mom to get her this Teddy Bear. She didn't convince my mom, yet.
DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

Jodi, Katie, and I wanted to go on Test Track, but my mom didn't. So the three of us went on it while my mom caught up on her shopping at Mouse Gears. We decided to go in the single rider line this time, which I have never done before. I was curious on how my experience of the single rider would be. Well, I am the type of person that does not like awkward situations. Although the line was so fast that we ended up "cutting" people in the fast past line, I would have rather waited in line. I was seated with a couple. The guy ended switching seats with his girlfriend just incase I might hit on him... Which I would NEVER. I didn't see what the big fricken deal was sitting next to me, but whatever. I felt like the third wheel the whole time. I still had fun, but I felt awkward to put my hands up or react to anything. Katie was seated with a family and they were really nice to her. I was a tad jealous. I wish I would have gotten seated next to them... Jodi sat next to a kid that stared at her the whole time. Well, that's what she claims. As for the single rider, it is worth it. Would I do it again? No. Unless, I was on a solo trip, but that would be the only time.

Ohh, and I noticed a lot of hidden mickey's on Test Track this time, very cool.

PolynesianPrincess

I'm also a huge fan of Living with the Land... I like that it's a nice slow relaxing pace!! And it's cool to see how all those veggies are grown... Love the Mickey shaped pumpkins! :)

TakeMeThere81

She called the lost and found at Typhoon Lagoon and was transferred to the main office, which was at the Transportation & Ticket Center. She described the phone and they looked for it. Luckily, they had it! She was so happy.

We were also shocked to see that our bill was going to be $300.

That's so great that your Mom found her phone! Talk about a needle in a haystack! We've lost a few things there as well and all but once have we found them! Disney is so great about that.

Woah, $300?!? I can totally believe it since DH and I paid something like $165 for a full course meal/wine/dessert, etc at Jiko. But I think paying that amount after such a crummy dinner would have seriously added insult to injury. Yours is the second not-so-great review of the Cali Grill that I've heard. Maybe if we go there sometime, we'll just stick to the sushi. That always seems to be good. The parm foam thing is just weird.

Oh and I LOVE everything about the dress you wore! Looks comfortable, pretty floral pattern and just enough bling on the waistband. Love it!

Wow, you guys really stuck it out at MK for the long haul! I'm not sure I could make it to 2:30am without getting a headache and feeling sick! Ahhhh to be young again!

The cast member told us they were booked, but he said he would find our "lost" reservation. He got us in! Which was very nice of him. We only waited about 10 minutes...

DSC_0115.jpg

I love this picture!!^^^^^^

Very cool about Chef Mickey's! That's exactly how we got in the time we ate there for breakfast!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
looks like such a fun trip,I love going to Disney with just me n my girlies,and i hope I still can when they are teens :)

We had so much fun. I'm sure your girls will still love it when they are older!

I'm also a huge fan of Living with the Land... I like that it's a nice slow relaxing pace!! And it's cool to see how all those veggies are grown... Love the Mickey shaped pumpkins! :)

I love slow chill rides! Livin' with the Land is definitely on the list. Funny that you mentioned the pumpkins, I didn't see the mickey shaped ones! Maybe I missed them...

That's so great that your Mom found her phone! Talk about a needle in a haystack! We've lost a few things there as well and all but once have we found them! Disney is so great about that.

Woah, $300?!? I can totally believe it since DH and I paid something like $165 for a full course meal/wine/dessert, etc at Jiko. But I think paying that amount after such a crummy dinner would have seriously added insult to injury. Yours is the second not-so-great review of the Cali Grill that I've heard. Maybe if we go there sometime, we'll just stick to the sushi. That always seems to be good. The parm foam thing is just weird.

Oh and I LOVE everything about the dress you wore! Looks comfortable, pretty floral pattern and just enough bling on the waistband. Love it!

Wow, you guys really stuck it out at MK for the long haul! I'm not sure I could make it to 2:30am without getting a headache and feeling sick! Ahhhh to be young again!

I love this picture!!^^^^^^

Very cool about Chef Mickey's! That's exactly how we got in the time we ate there for breakfast!

Yes, she was so happy that they found her phone. 2/3 is a pretty good chance.

We were so surprised when we saw the bill, but we did order a lot of food. Lately, I have been reading a lot of not so great reviews on the Cali Grill as well. I think they need to do some type of an update there. Also, the Parm Foam looked very weird. I don't even know how they can make foam taste like parmesan...

Thank you! It is definitely one of my favorite dresses. I have gotten a lot of use out of it.

I surprisingly didn't have a problem staying up. I think I am somewhat nocturnal haha. I always find myself staying up til 4am. My mom and Katie on the other hand, were having a very hard time staying, but they managed.

Thanks!

The cast members are so nice at Chef Mickey's. They always try their best to get people in if they don't have reservations.

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Now on to the countries...

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0219_2.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

She loved the hat...
DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

While walking around in China, we heard a lot of yelling and singing. We looked over and noticed about 15 20 something year olds really drunk dancing around. It was actually really funny, as long as they weren't disrupting anyone. After that, we headed over to Africa.

DSC_0241.jpg

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Jodi and Katie really loved those drums haha.
DSC_0242.jpg

I am always tempted to get this cupcake in Germany, but I am never able to bring myself to get it. Someday!!!
DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

Sword fight!
DSC_0246.jpg

I love this.
DSC_0247.jpg

What a deal!
DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

Disneygal1

Original Poster
After we toured some other countries, we decided to check in at the San Angel Inn. We were seated at 5:15. Last time I ate at San Angel, it was during a late lunch. I didn't realized that the menu was different for dinner, so I tried ordering something similar to what I had the last time.

I ordered the Sirloin Con Chile Relleno. The rest of the girls ordered Pollo A Las Rajas.

My dish...
DSC_0261.jpg

The girls' dish...
DSC_0262.jpg

Well, I was pretty dissapointed with my entree. The enchilada had some weird type of sauce on it, which tasted horrible. My mom compared it to tasting like tree bark.:hurl:

The girls thought their food was okay, but nothing awesome.

Well, for dessert, I have no idea what I ordered, but her's a picture!

DSC_0264.jpg

Our waiter was really nice and put candle on my dessert for me. As for my dessert, it was okay. It really didn't have much of a taste to it.

This is what Jodi had... She didn't like it.
DSC_0265.jpg

My mom and Katie both had ice cream. They liked it.
DSC_0266.jpg

Overall, we really didn't enjoy our meal. I remember it being way better than last time we were there. If I was to ever go back, it would be for lunch. Later on, Katie didn't feel too good from our dinner and we gave her tums. I wish it was better, but oh well.:rolleyes:

After our dinner, we toured the rest of the countries. In France, I treated myself to some delicious treats. I love the pastry shop in France. I bought a napoleon and a cheesecake. Yum yum yum! Jodi and I shared them. As for Katie she really did not want to look at food.

We managed to save the dessert for later and had it at the resort for a late night snack. Our treats got a little smashed from being in the bag...
DSC_0392_2.jpg

Back to Epcot!

Jodi, Katie, and I went over to Soarin' because our fastpass time had came up. We had an extra one from my mom because she decided she did't want to go on it, she sometimes gets motion sick from Soarin'. So Jodi gave the extra fast pass to someone. She thought it would be funny to give it to a couple and see who would fight to get the fastpass. Don't worry! She didn't do it, but she did give it to a kid. Anyway Soarin' was awesome as usual, and we got some pretty good seats. After we got out, we realized the time was getting close to Illuminations, so we met up with my mom in France. When we met up with my mom, Jodi was surprised with a gift from my mom. Can you guess what it was? Yes, it was that oversized Duffy the Bear. I guess that pouting worked out after all...

As we were sitting around, we realized that a cast member was blocking an area where you could go down and get a really good view of the fireworks. My mom decided to be nosey and go up to the cast member and ask her what was up. The cast member told my mom that the area was reserved for some birthday party, but she gave my mom 4 tickets and told my mom to give them to one cast members next to one of the exclusive areas. So my mom did, and we were able to get an exclusive view/seats of the fireworks! It was awesome! There were about twenty other people there who were given tickets as well.

Right before Illuminations began, my mom was talking to a lady about the exclusive area. She told my mom how they do it all the time and you just have to ask for tickets, which is pretty cool. We also found out that she was from our area and she knew our family's business. What a small world! Anyway, Illuminations was amazing, and our view was an added plus.

Hello commoners! :animwink:
DSC_0273.jpg

nc_disneyfreak

what camera did you use?

im in the market for a better digital camera. the one i have is just an entry level sony, with i think, 8 megapixels....we went to wdw in april 0f 2010 and were going in april/early may for 8 days and i would like to upgrade. the pics came out ok, but i can tell i could do better...and your pics are amazing looking! when you said you saturated the colors, how exactly? because those castle pics i would easily buy they looked sweet...
thanks
matt
north carolina

TakeMeThere81

Very cool about the special seating for Illuminations!

We're not fans of San Angel Inn...I still remember getting something small, a sort of shrimp cocktail that was horrible and hubby's wasn't that great either...the kids was soemthing I could have made at home, it was dry chicken fingers, mexi rice and (literally) cooked up frozen carrots, peas, and corn. Like the kind you buy in the frozen food section at the grocery store. :confused::shrug: Anyway, the ambiance is really fun, but next time we'll probably head straight for the ride instead.

I LOVE the Mexico Mickey ears your mom found! The fringe rocks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom