Graduation Celebration: HOT days, fun times, and plenty of food

I have only been home for 20 hours, and I am already missing the most magical place on earth, ESPECIALLY the weather. When I left Florida it was 95, and now I'm stuck with a high of 67. What's with mother nature? Anyway, I had an awesome 10 days at WDW, and I am excited to share my vacation with the wdwmagic family!

If any of you haven't read my pre-trip report, you can read it at this link: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=750730

WARNING: There may be some grammar mistakes in this report. I am a very fast typer, and I sometimes skip words or make spelling mistakes. I'm only human. Also, I am no Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), which means my photos aren't fantastic, but I try.

After 5 months of planning, June 11th was finally here. I was supposed to wake up at 4:30 am, but I hit the snooze which caused me to sleep in till 5:30. After getting all of our stuff together, we hit the road. Goodbye boring/cold Illinois! Hello warm/tropical Florida!

Here is a fantastic (sarcasm) photo of me and my disney girls. Don't I just look so alive? At least I'm representing my team.

IMG_0251 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

Here is our crazy amount of luggage, but hey were women! We need a lot of stuff!

IMG_0253 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr
At 6 am, we hit the road. Because everyone in our group has their license, we were all able to take turns driving. And guess who drove first? The one who has the least experience driving! My 16 year old sister, Jodi. I will admit, she is a pretty decent driver, but she scares me sometimes. With that said, my mom watched her very closely. She drove about 5 hours. Then, my mom took over until the middle of Tennessee.

AHHHHHHHH

IMG_0255 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

Goofing off in the car:

IMG_0958 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

Rock on!

IMG_0260 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

I'm so glad Katie was excited for the car ride. Good thing she doesn't know about this website, or she probably would kill me.

DSC_0447 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

YAY for Kentucky!

DSC_0462 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

Hello Nashville! Sadly, I fell asleep, and was not able to take a picture of "Welcome to Tennessee!".

DSC_0469 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

After driving through Kentucky and a little bit of Tennessee, my mom needed to rest her back, so I took over. I have a fear of driving in the mountains, and I was a tad freaked out about driving through them. Even though there not that bad, the mountains still freak me out. My mom talked me through, and I successfully drove through them. Phew! That was a relief.

Hello Atlanta! Katie took the picture because I was driving. Yes, I missed the Georgia welcome sign, but I was driving.

IMG_0267 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

After Atlanta, I got tired, so my mom took over. We made it to the border of Georgia at about 11:00. We decided to stay in a hotel for the night. We made our exit in Valdosta, GA. Finding a hotel was a NIGHTMARE. Every hotel was booked because Lady Antebellum was in town for a concert. WOW, we would choose to stay in a town with every hotel booked. It was insane! We were so desperate we even tried staying in this crack motel...

IMG_0959 by jessicamanning19, on Flickr

HA! You gotta love the name. Unfortunately, they were booked, but the guy offered that we could stay downstairs... Oh my gosh. I don't even want to know what goes on downstairs. So we got the heck away from that place. Luckily, the sleep inn had one room left. It was a "suite" with a whirlpool. Woohoo! How fancy! You should have seen this place. It was no suite. Jodi and Katie were forced to sleep on the pull out couch, but they survived.

Stay tuned!!!!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
June 16th: Hollywood Studios and Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine Inn

Hollywood Studios' hours were from 9-10. We got up around 7. Surprisingly, we were on time! We got there 10 minutes before it opened. Now, I never knew you could enter the park before it opened, but I guess you can. Of course, the had a rope at the end of the "main street", and they had a little opening ceremony. Everyone had to say "Hollywood here we come" to officially open the park. I had never seen that before. It was pretty cool, but very crowded.

DSC_1162.jpg

DSC_1163.jpg

DSC_1164.jpg

DSC_1169.jpg

My mom and I gave Jodi and Katie our key cards so they could get fast passes for toy story mania. The fast passes always seem to "sell out" by lunch. They basically ran over to toy story mania. I later found out that they got lost (I have no idea how you can get lost in Hollywood Studios) and couldn't find toy story mania, but they did manage to find it. While they were running around, my mom and I went over to sci-fi dine in to try to get earlier reservations. Our adr was for 9:10. Unfortunately, we totally forgot that the restaurants aren't open that early, so we were going to have to come back at 11. My stomach was growling and my mom was craving a cup of coffee, so we decided to go to the coffee shop next door. I got a muffin and a cup of tea and my mom had a cup of coffee.

DSC_1172.jpg

We sat there for a good 45 minutes just talking and watching people walk by. We had a table facing the window which was really nice. Jodi then called me letting me know that there was a huge line to get a fastpass, and she was going to bail. No way! Not after all of that! She was hesitant, but her and Katie waited. After they got the fastpasses, they went on tower of terror. And I will NOT go on that. So, my mom and I did some shopping and walked around. While we walked around, we managed to find the singing in the rain umbrella, which is pretty neat!

DSC_1174.jpg

DSC_1177.jpg

DSC_1178.jpg

The insane line. I could NEVER wait in that.
DSC_1179.jpg

DSC_1180.jpg

Disneygal1

Original Poster
DSC_1181.jpg

We then headed over to rockin' rollercoaster because my mom was going to go on with Jodi and Katie. She later changed her mind because she realized that her back wasn't going to handle it (she has had back problems for a while).

DSC_1182.jpg

DSC_1183.jpg

DSC_1185.jpg

DSC_1189.jpg

DSC_1191.jpg

After Jodi and Katie went on rockin' roller coaster, we met up. We walked around and I showed them the umbrella.

They were trying to figure out how to work it.
DSC_1192.jpg

DSC_1195.jpg

We then went to see voyage of the little mermaid, which was cute as usual.

More to come!...

tiaragirl

The most recent picture of your momma is gorgeous!

You guys are all so cute, and your pictures are great - I'm loving this TR!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
We then went to the Great Movie Ride. Which I absolutely love. I also noticed something different. In the alien scene, the alien usually comes out of the ceiling, but it was moved to the right coming out of the wall. Kind of weird... It was also my first time opening my eyes to see the alien! Haha I'm so weird. Anyway, after the movie ride it was time to go to Toy Story Mania. Our fastpasses were for 12.

DSC_1199.jpg

DSC_1203.jpg

Okay, so I have never been on Toy Story Mania before, which is insane, but the line is usually way too long or all of the fastpasses have been distributed for the day. I have to say, the ride was AWESOME. I had soooo much fun. Now I know why people wait in that line. After the ride, we were pretty hungry so walked aound to get some lunch. We ended up eating at ABC Commissary, which was HORRIBLE. I know its never been good, but I don't remember it being that bad. The menu is pretty weird too. Their burgers now have some type of fish sticks or I don't know what on top of it. Ew. Jodi, Katie, and I had the nuggets of the kids menu, which weren't good. My mom had a salad, she said it wasn't good. To say the least, we will never go there again. After our unappetizing lunch, we headed over to Sci-Fi Dine Inn to try to get earlier reservations. They told us we could probably get in if we came an hour or two before our reservations. We were fine with that as long as it wasn't at nine. We also didn't want to go to the second showing of Fantasmic, which was one of the reasons why we didn't want to eat at our adr time. Jodi, Katie, and I then headed over to the Backlot Tour while my mom did some shopping.

DSC_1204.jpg

I have never seen the line for the Backlot Tour this crowded. The sun was so hot that people had umbrellas to keep the sun from beating on them!
DSC_1206.jpg

You can tell that they are enjoying themselves while waiting in line...
DSC_1207.jpg

While we were on our tram, there were some technical difficulties with the narration, which wasn't a big deal.
DSC_1210.jpg

DSC_1212.jpg

DSC_1214.jpg

Alien!
DSC_1221.jpg

DSC_1223.jpg

meganw1985

I THINK the alien has always come out of the wall closer to the end of the scene. As well as the ceiling. It did that the last couple times we have been there at least (I dont really remember past that). Idk if he doesnt come out of the ceiling anymore or not though. He did last time?

flynnibus

Premium Member
The secrets are so cool! The paw prints are also pretty easy to find.

what list of 'secrets' were you working from? a website or book? a link at all plz? thx

Thanks! I got a dslr for the trip. It was definitely well worth it.

A D5100 - lucky girl!

My mom and I gave Jodi and Katie our key cards so they could get fast passes for toy story mania. The fast passes always seem to "sell out" by lunch. They basically ran over to toy story mania. I later found out that they got lost (I have no idea how you can get lost in Hollywood Studios) and couldn't find toy story mania, but they did manage to find it

The FP line for TSMM is a unique thing for the US parks.. people aren't used to a LINE for Fastpass here. At park opening the line can be very intimidating.. but it goes really fast. It's a shocker if you aren't ready for it. And they probably got lost on the street difference between the one where ABC commissary is vs going down the steps to mickey ave. It's easy to do and if you don't have a map handy.. it gets real confusing to find your most 'direct' way to get back to mickey ave from the streets of new york side. Another common problem so they shouldn't feel bad! Plus you got to just hang out with your mom and chill in the interim :)

Great TR so far... thanks for sharing!

sweetpee_1993

Catching up some more and thoroughly enjoying the journey! A girls trip sounds so fun. I'd love to do one someday!

After the parade, my mom and I watched wishes. Jodi and Katie were doing the rides, and they probably couldn't have cared less if they missed the fireworks. :rolleyes: As usual, wishes was awesome. It always gives me the chills. Although wishes was awesome, something peculiar happened. Tinkerbell didn't come out! I have no idea why, but she didn't come out. Later in the trip I asked a cast member the reason, so stay tuned!

We saw Wishes! sans Tink before, too. Doesn't it just seem incomplete? The time we didn't get to see Tink's flight it was because of the weather. It was windy so I guess there are conditions where it's just not really safe for a pixie to take flight.

Okay. Gotta read some more! :wave:

sweetpee_1993

Okay. Finished catching up. I feel like I've accomplished something! I took notes. I'm so proud!

-- Teppan Edo: I hear good reviews consistantly yet I remain unwilling to even try it....because they don't have fried rice. I cannot fathom a hibachi experience without fried rice. I know, I'm an odd-ball. Steamed rice? No. Noodles don't cut it. Need fried rice. Actually, my big brother brought his girls over for the holiday weekend and he keeps saying he wants to treat us to our local Japanese steakhouse/hibachi restaurant which is really reaaaally good. Maybe I'll take him up on it. I'm hungry now. :slurp:

-- Yay for the mendi!!! I love love love henna! Um, and can I say big ol' thumbs-up for Jodi's Havaianas??? Love mine. There's nothing spectacular about them. They're so basic. Go with everything. But sooooo comfy. Next best thing to barefoot. :D

-- The 'Singing in the Rain' umbrella! These are the best little touches. I hope it works for us in September. I have the worst luck and have never seen it working. **crossing my fingers** <--hard to do when typing

-- TSMM. I agree, waiting over an hour for anything is just insane. However, if there has ever been a line I'd wait that long in I think the inside part of TSMM is actually bearable because there's so much fun stuff to see. My longest official wait for this ride is about 45 minutes. However, during passholder previews the old man & I were on our kidless trip and we were quite determined to score a ride. When we got inside the ride went down so we sat outside for over 2 hours waiting. Determination. I'd rather have been inside for the a/c and the fun stuff to see. :hammer:

Can't wait for more! Y'all are so adorable. Your pics are great, too. Thoroughly enjoying it all! :wave:

Disneygal1

Original Poster
I THINK the alien has always come out of the wall closer to the end of the scene. As well as the ceiling. It did that the last couple times we have been there at least (I dont really remember past that). Idk if he doesnt come out of the ceiling anymore or not though. He did last time?

Okay, so I just watched The Great Movie Ride on youtube, and you are right! There are two aliens, one coming out of a wall and the other coming out of the ceiling (right before the next scene). I guess I just didn't see the ceiling alien, unless the got rid of it, but I highly doubt it. I'll be sure to check it out next time!

what list of 'secrets' were you working from? a website or book? a link at all plz? thx

A D5100 - lucky girl!

The FP line for TSMM is a unique thing for the US parks.. people aren't used to a LINE for Fastpass here. At park opening the line can be very intimidating.. but it goes really fast. It's a shocker if you aren't ready for it. And they probably got lost on the street difference between the one where ABC commissary is vs going down the steps to mickey ave. It's easy to do and if you don't have a map handy.. it gets real confusing to find your most 'direct' way to get back to mickey ave from the streets of new york side. Another common problem so they shouldn't feel bad! Plus you got to just hang out with your mom and chill in the interim :)

Great TR so far... thanks for sharing!

I found the list of secrets on here. It was in the WDW Secrets form. Someone posted a really long list of secrets, and I decided to print it out. I'm glad I did! All the secrets were accurate, except a few were gone because the post was a bit old. Here's the link:http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=448687
Master Yoda posted it, so my props/thanks to him!

Yes, I feel so lucky for having the Nikon D5100. It's my best purchase/gift by far, but I need to learn how to use all of the settings on it...

The lines do look crowded, and I'm sure they move pretty quickly. It's well worth it to wait a few minutes for fastpasses rather than waiting 120 minutes. I also can understand why they got lost. We don't go to Hollywood Studios as often as the other parks. We just like to give each other a hard time:lol:

I'm glad you are enjoying!

Catching up some more and thoroughly enjoying the journey! A girls trip sounds so fun. I'd love to do one someday!

We saw Wishes! sans Tink before, too. Doesn't it just seem incomplete? The time we didn't get to see Tink's flight it was because of the weather. It was windy so I guess there are conditions where it's just not really safe for a pixie to take flight.

Okay. Gotta read some more! :wave:

Okay. Finished catching up. I feel like I've accomplished something! I took notes. I'm so proud!

-- Teppan Edo: I hear good reviews consistantly yet I remain unwilling to even try it....because they don't have fried rice. I cannot fathom a hibachi experience without fried rice. I know, I'm an odd-ball. Steamed rice? No. Noodles don't cut it. Need fried rice. Actually, my big brother brought his girls over for the holiday weekend and he keeps saying he wants to treat us to our local Japanese steakhouse/hibachi restaurant which is really reaaaally good. Maybe I'll take him up on it. I'm hungry now. :slurp:

-- Yay for the mendi!!! I love love love henna! Um, and can I say big ol' thumbs-up for Jodi's Havaianas??? Love mine. There's nothing spectacular about them. They're so basic. Go with everything. But sooooo comfy. Next best thing to barefoot. :D

-- The 'Singing in the Rain' umbrella! These are the best little touches. I hope it works for us in September. I have the worst luck and have never seen it working. **crossing my fingers** <--hard to do when typing

-- TSMM. I agree, waiting over an hour for anything is just insane. However, if there has ever been a line I'd wait that long in I think the inside part of TSMM is actually bearable because there's so much fun stuff to see. My longest official wait for this ride is about 45 minutes. However, during passholder previews the old man & I were on our kidless trip and we were quite determined to score a ride. When we got inside the ride went down so we sat outside for over 2 hours waiting. Determination. I'd rather have been inside for the a/c and the fun stuff to see. :hammer:

Can't wait for more! Y'all are so adorable. Your pics are great, too. Thoroughly enjoying it all! :wave:

Yay sweetpee! I am so glad you are enjoying!

I was so disappointed when I didn't see Tink. I missed her all three times I saw wishes. Maybe I just didn't pay attention, but I always notice her. I guess I am going to have to keep a close watch next time! I totally agree with you on the fact that it doesn't feel right when Tink isn't there. It's just not as magical! I also never heard about the wind situation, but it does make sense. I guess it would be kind of scary to put her out there if it was really windy.

I totally forgot about the fried rice! I have been to several Habache style restaurants, and they always serve fried rice. I wonder why it's not the case at Teppan Edo... All this Japanase food talk is making me hungry too!

Jodi and Katie absolutely loved their henna. They wouldn't even go swimming that night because they were afraid it would come off haha. On the Havaianas note, Jodi LOVES her Havaianas. They also look so comfortable, and the price is pretty reasonable. I think I just might have to buy myself a pair.

I noticed a lot of people struggling with the umbrella when we were over there. I had no idea how to work it at first, it just worked. I got lucky. When Jodi and Katie tried it, they were really struggling with it. I guess you have stomp on the base of the lamp post really hard, but sometimes it doesn't work!:brick: Hopefully it will work for you! I will cross my fingers too. It's very hard to do that while typing.:lol:

I totally agree with you! Toy Story Mania's queue is very neat. I was kind of disappointed that we didn't see all of the cute stuff, but I did like only waiting 10 minutes. 45 minutes is pretty good for Toy Story Mania, I think I could of handled that wait. And wow! You were determined! At least you got a long time to see/examine everything in the queue!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
After, the Backlot Tour, we did some shopping. I bought a cute hidden mickey scarf.

DSC_1225.jpg

Jodi was contemplating on buying the zip up. She bought it.
DSC_1227.jpg

After we emptied our wallets, Jodi and Katie wanted to go on the Tower of Terror, again. So my mom and I did some shopping in the Tower of Terror's gift shop. While at the gift shop, I got the Hollywood Tower Hotel robe for my dorm at college. Woo hoo! No one's going to have that robe at school, except for me. We then headed over to the embroider shop to get it embroidered it looks pretty snazzy!

I just took this picture in my hallway.
IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

I've been on the Tower of Terror before, so I feel I had the right to buy the robe. Although, I rarely go on it, I still think the ride is awesome, awesome in a way it's too awesome for me to go on it...

Later on, my mom and I met up with Jodi and Katie. We were ready for dinner, so we headed over to Sci-Fi Dine Inn. We checked in at 6:00. We knew we were going to have to wait a while because it was so busy, but we didn't mind. We waited in the Coffee Shop next door. Katie bought some cappuccino drink and I bought chocolate covered carmel corn. YUM YUM YUM. It was so good. Too bad it didn't stay crunchy because of the humidity and all.

DSC_1244.jpg

Notice the hidden mickey?
DSC_1234-1.jpg

Katie!
DSC_1237-1.jpg

Someone doesn't like getting their picture taken...
DSC_1238-1.jpg

Our wait was only 15 minutes! I was so surprised. We were really happy because we were starving.

Jodi and Katie ordered the Bow Tie Shrimp Pasta (Jodi had chicken instead of shrimp and Katie had the shrimp). My mom and I both had the Rueben.

The pasta, Jodi and Katie loved it.
DSC_1252-1.jpg

The Reuben, my mom and I both thought it was decent. The meat was a tad bit tough, but it was okay.
DSC_1253-1.jpg

Disneygal1

Original Poster
For dessert I had the red velvet cheesecake, my mom had some weird ice cream (I think it was an apple crumble), Katie had ice cream, and Jodi had the Peanut-Butter Chocolate Cake. I don't know why (I think I got lazy), but I didn't take a picture of Jodi and Katie's dessert. I did that a lot haha.

Red Velvet Cheesecake: It was good, not amazing, but good.
DSC_1258-1.jpg

That apple crumble thing. My mom said it was good, but I don't think it looked good... So I didn't try it.
DSC_1259-1.jpg

My thoughts on the Sci-Fi Dine Inn: Well, sci-fi was normal as usual. It has never had fantastic food. Its food has always been about average. Our waitress was nice, but there was one thing that really bothered me. My mom had dropped a fork while the waitress was grabbing our empty drinks, and the waitress kicked the fork under the car. I was shocked. She never came back and picked it up, but maybe she picked it up after we left... Although she may done that, it still bothered me. Back to the restaurant, Sci-Fi will always be average to me or maybe even below average, but I do like it because of its uniqueness. I love the feeling of being in a drive inn theater and the cars are pretty cool. Yes, we will probably go again, but it will be for its ambiance, not so much the food.

I am hesitant to post this picture because I look weird, but it's the only picture of Jodi, Katie, and me in the car.
DSC_1254-1.jpg

When we got out of the restaurant, it was 8:30, Fantasmic started at 9. So we hulled our butts to Fantasmic! When we got to the line we were informed that it was standing room only, we decided we would suck it up and stand. We did not feel like waiting for the 10:30 show.

DSC_1262-1.jpg

DSC_1265.jpg

DSC_1268-1.jpg

DSC_1270-1.jpg

DSC_1271.jpg

Fantasmic was awesome as usual. I also notice that a lot of little kids left during the show because they got scared, which I can totally understand, the show can be pretty scary for little ones. After the show, we headed back to pop.

More to come!!!

sweetpee_1993

Hey! That looks just like my iPhone! Pink & black Defender Otterbox! Sweet! Actually, I just got a free replacement from Apple because the home button thing at the bottom of my original iPhone 4 stopped working. To exit an app I had to power the phone off then back on. Grrrr! But, it crapped out in the first year I had it so free replacement for me. Woot! I think I'd be lost without my little electronic lovey! :lol:

That red velvet cheesecake looks yummier than your description. How sad is that?

Ooooh...I was thinking the button for the raining umbrella had to be hopped on to activate. I guess maybe it's on a timer so you can't activate it continually. You'd have 15 little kids stripped down to diapers prancing about like it's a water play area. Not that that wouldn't be cute but it doesn't mesh with the intended plus for the area. :D

And, okay, every year I'm totally tempted to snap up 2 of the Hollywood Tower Hotel bathrobes and have them personalized for the boys for Christmas. Maybe this year... hhmmmmm... definitely would be a gift that only my little family would "get" when we do Christmas with all the family in the mountains. :hammer:

TakeMeThere81

Girls trip! How fun!! I don't have any sisters so I am thoroughly jealous!

Beautiful girls!! Love this photo!

I love that you and your mom just love to people watch, shop and enjoy the atmosphere. Slowing down like that is one of the best ways to really take it all in!

I can't believe all of the rides that broke down! I think they operate them at max capacity and sometimes that means too many ride vehicles! They probably get stuck and such.

I love all of your restaurant reviews and Disney secrets findings!!

PolynesianPrincess

Great TR!! Just read the whole thing.. Thanks for keeping me occupied this morning at work!! :lol:

We went in early May and it was 90+ the whole week so I know what you mean by it being HOT there!!! Luckily, we didn't have very high crowds that week to deal with!

We have never eaten at Sci-Fi but I always wanted to try it out, just for the atmosphere as I haven't heard very good things about the food. But we always opt out of it and go to 50s Prime Time Cafe. We LOVE that restaurant and the food is always waaaay above average for us and the ambiance is really great too. You should give it a try sometime if you haven't.

Can't wait to read more!! :sohappy:

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Hey! That looks just like my iPhone! Pink & black Defender Otterbox! Sweet! Actually, I just got a free replacement from Apple because the home button thing at the bottom of my original iPhone 4 stopped working. To exit an app I had to power the phone off then back on. Grrrr! But, it crapped out in the first year I had it so free replacement for me. Woot! I think I'd be lost without my little electronic lovey! :lol:

That red velvet cheesecake looks yummier than your description. How sad is that?

Ooooh...I was thinking the button for the raining umbrella had to be hopped on to activate. I guess maybe it's on a timer so you can't activate it continually. You'd have 15 little kids stripped down to diapers prancing about like it's a water play area. Not that that wouldn't be cute but it doesn't mesh with the intended plus for the area. :D

And, okay, every year I'm totally tempted to snap up 2 of the Hollywood Tower Hotel bathrobes and have them personalized for the boys for Christmas. Maybe this year... hhmmmmm... definitely would be a gift that only my little family would "get" when we do Christmas with all the family in the mountains. :hammer:

Haha! Katie loves that case. She always talks about how she could basically drop her phone from the top of her house, and it would survive. I totally know what you're talking about with the home button. Mine sometimes doesn't like to work. Good thing you got a free replacement. I'm impatiently waiting for the iPhone 5. Hopefully it will come out soon!

Ahh that cheesecake. I wish it was better...

I really have no idea. Maybe it was the button. It can be so confusing! Haha that may be the reason why people can't get that darn thing working all the time!

You should! My robe is very comfy! The robes can be you're family's inside secret:animwink:

Girls trip! How fun!! I don't have any sisters so I am thoroughly jealous!

Beautiful girls!! Love this photo!

I love that you and your mom just love to people watch, shop and enjoy the atmosphere. Slowing down like that is one of the best ways to really take it all in!

I can't believe all of the rides that broke down! I think they operate them at max capacity and sometimes that means too many ride vehicles! They probably get stuck and such.

I love all of your restaurant reviews and Disney secrets findings!!

It can be fun having a sister, but sometimes we fight a lot! We're still bestfriends, but very different people.:lol:

Thanks! That photo is definitely one of my favorites.

I love taking it in! It feels so surreal sometimes. I'm always thinking, "Wow, I can't believe I'm here!".

Yes, that was one thing that really surprised me. I usually go to Disney over Christmas, and the rides breaking down have never been a problem. Maybe it's the heat? You're probably right about the max capacity. I have never seen Disney that crowded until this year.

Thank you! Finding Disney secrets are so much fun. It's like a scavenger hunt! I'm glad you're enjoying!

Great TR!! Just read the whole thing.. Thanks for keeping me occupied this morning at work!! :lol:

We went in early May and it was 90+ the whole week so I know what you mean by it being HOT there!!! Luckily, we didn't have very high crowds that week to deal with!

We have never eaten at Sci-Fi but I always wanted to try it out, just for the atmosphere as I haven't heard very good things about the food. But we always opt out of it and go to 50s Prime Time Cafe. We LOVE that restaurant and the food is always waaaay above average for us and the ambiance is really great too. You should give it a try sometime if you haven't.

Can't wait to read more!! :sohappy:

Thank you! I am glad I am keeping you occupied at work!

The heat can be very exhausting especially with all the crowds. I would definitely like to go down around May like you did. I can handle the heat, but sometimes the crowds can be so overwhelming!

Sci-Fi is definitely not the place to go to for food, but the atmosphere is awesome. The setting is very unique. I have always wanted to try 50's prime time cafe, but we always put it off. On my next trip I am going to try it! I hear a lot of people like it.

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Downtown Disney, Dinner at the California Grill, and EMH at MK

We were so exhausted that we slept in til 10. It felt so good! We needed some sleep. We decided to use our quick service credit by eating lunch at Pop.

Everything pop!
DSC_1276.jpg

DSC_1273.jpg

I initially ordered pizza, but they were out and it was going to take around 10 minutes to make one. I had already waited 5, so I gave up and ordered the Chicken Penne Alfredo.
DSC_1280.jpg

The rest of the girls got Vegetable Lo Mein. They copy off each other...
DSC_1281.jpg

I liked my meal it was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but this is a quick service. The rest of them really weren't fans of their Lo Mein, but hey! Why would they even get chinese at pop? By just looking at it, you can tell it's not going to be that great. My mom also got Sushi, she said it tasted like plastic and you couldn't even compare it to Teppan Edo's sushi.

For dessert I had the tie die cheesecake. It looked so weird that I had to try it. It was okay, but the colors got to me and I only had a few bites. If that makes sense....
DSC_1283.jpg

DSC_1295.jpg

After lunch, we went to Downtown Disney. Our first stop, the World of Disney!
DSC_1301.jpg

We saw this guy outside of the World of Disney. Very cool! I love it when cast members do this!
DSC_1305.jpg

DSC_1308.jpg

DSC_1310.jpg

Disneygal1

Original Poster
DSC_1314.jpg

DSC_1322.jpg

DSC_1323.jpg

DSC_1325.jpg

DSC_1327.jpg

DSC_1331.jpg

The new lego store is awesome! And I loved the new additions.

Our day at Downtown Disney consisted of walking around and shopping. Jodi got her outfit for the California Grill at the Trendy Store. I forgot what the name is, but that is my favorite store at DTD.

PI definitely needs some lovin'. I hope they start back the construction of the Hyperion Wharf or bring back PI to its former glory... I guess it's all up in the air again:shrug: Around 4ish we left because we had to get ready for dinner at the Cali Grill. I was so excited to go there.

When we got back to the car, we were greeted with this temperature...
DSC_1332.jpg

More to come!

PolynesianPrincess

Thank you! I am glad I am keeping you occupied at work!

The heat can be very exhausting especially with all the crowds. I would definitely like to go down around May like you did. I can handle the heat, but sometimes the crowds can be so overwhelming!

Sci-Fi is definitely not the place to go to for food, but the atmosphere is awesome. The setting is very unique. I have always wanted to try 50's prime time cafe, but we always put it off. On my next trip I am going to try it! I hear a lot of people like it.

The heat wasn't too too bad in May, not as humid as in the summer... And when we got FP, the return times were never usually more than an hour out for when we got them, so that was good.

50s is great, especially if you get a waiter/waitress who plays along with you. Last time we went, our waitress was Amy and she kept telling us to put away those "walkie talkie thingys at the table" (cell phones) and she made us set our own places. The atmosphere is great there!

tink65

I'm lovin' your trip report! Looks like you all had a great time! I noticed your Mom's Mickey earrings in a couple of pics. Can you tell me where she got those! Thanks for all your pics! They're awesome!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom