Grade F for Eisner

Once again...

TIME RACERS IS ONLY A RUMOR! IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN OR GET ANNOUNCED!

AT&T IS STILL SPONSORING SPACESHIP EARTH AS WELL, AS I SAID BEFORE!

Time Racers won't happen for various reasons (structural issues, etc.), which we've already discussed on these boards. End of story.

Tim G

Originally posted by disneyphilip
Once again...

Time Racers won't happen for various reasons (structural issues, etc.), which we've already discussed on these boards. End of story.

Something wrong with the CAPS-Lock?? :D LOL :D

dox

Has Eisner done a great job lately with respect to the theme parks and the movie division? No not really. There were some bad choices there. Paul Pressler what a nightmare. But I for one am glad he is there. Many of you aren't old enough to remember what it was like b4 eisner and wells came on board in the years after epcot opened. Epcot was considered a bust, a glorified world's fair; there were no new resorts; no new movies and those that were made were horrible both live actiona dn animated; any of you seen black cauldron?? nuff said. Not to mention the fact that the disney co. had so many potential buyers who only wanted to buy disney and then sell it in tiny pieces. Luckily right before a hostile takeover help came in and
Eisner and Wells came on board and re-invigorated this company. Movies were being made and finally making money. They made disney a viable company all over again. Have their been mistakes ..yes. But thank god there is a company in existence that can still make mistakes. Hopefully the experience of the past few years has scared Eisner and things will start changing. The end of this year at the parks bodes well. It appears attendance will increase, disney movies have been doing better, ABC has had a few hits..so lets see what happens.

Dayma

They need to make better animation movies not just Jerry Brukheimer stuff. They need to do a Monsters Inc 2 or Toy Story 3 to help them. The last couple of movies they did without Pixar have been below what I would consider Disney standards....

I think this is the major problem with Disney the last couple of years not the parks themselves...

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by disneyphilip
Once again...

If it will never happen, why did Disney already take out a Trademark on the name Spaceship Earth: Time Racers? They don't go around purchasing trademarks for things they aren't going to do. And trust me, as much of a structural problem as you think it will be....they already know how to put a new ride in there.

Dayma

why did Disney already take out a Trademark on the name Spaceship Earth: Time Racers?

Trademarks are cheap compared to actually building a new ride.....not to say they dont plan to implement something new, just saying....

How many other Trademarks does Disney own that have not been used yet? problably a lot?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by blackride
Trademarks are cheap compared to actually building a new ride.....not to say they dont plan to implement something new, just saying....

How many other Trademarks does Disney own that have not been used yet? problably a lot?

Probably not nearly as many as you are thinking. And trademarks aren't cheap especially when Disney gets them, because they get them for a long time.

imagineer boy

This is a little off but task, but I'm confused. Was Pressler the one who owned the Walt Disney company in the 80s? Who's the owner of what? Has that person who owns Disneyland been fired?

Just curiouse.:confused: :confused:

By the way, disneyphilip, use your indoor voice please. :)

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by imagineer boy
This is a little off but task, but I'm confused. Was Pressler the one who owned the Walt Disney company in the 80s? Who's the owner of what? Has that person who owns Disneyland been fired?

Just curiouse.:confused: :confused:

By the way, disneyphilip, use your indoor voice please. :)

The Shareholders own Disney. There is no one specific owner. There are people however that run certain areas of the company. In the 80's there wasn't any specific CEO or person that ran the total operation. Roy Disney Jr though was pretty much the head guy (without the title). He was the one who hired Eisner. Paul Pressler was brought to the Company to be head of Merchandise...which he was for a while (and was really the reason the Disney Stores did so well). He was then moved to a division where he wasn't the best man for the job, Head of Parks and Resorts. He used his merchandising and money saving ways where they shouldn't have been used.

When he came over from merchandise he brought a few people with him. One of those people was Cynthia Harris, the Person in charge of the Disneyland Resort. There is a big rumor going around that the new head of resorts (Jay Rasulo) does not like how she is handling the resort. The rumor says that it is only a matter of time until he hires someone else for the job.

Hope this clears things up.

Gregory

Also, you can't forget that Eisner isn't making all those disisions- its more of the Eisner Administration that can be looked down upon, or praised. Michael Eisner can, in no way, control the whole Disney name from movies to parks.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by gcurling
You are absolutely right. Perhaps his biggest problem is that he THINKS he can.

It's not that he thinks he can...It's that people think he can. Then they get mad when it looks like he can't.

WDW John

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
It's not that he thinks he can...It's that people think he can. Then they get mad when it looks like he can't.

Yeah, it's funny. When Eisner gets the credit for a great attraction, some people get upset saying he had nothing to do with it but to sign his name, the Imagineers should get the credit. But when those same people don't like an attraction (JIYI comes to mind) they point the finger at Eisner, not the Imagineers.

Sure, Eisner has to approve, but it is still the job of the Imagineers to create something we will want to visit, whether the final result is good or bad.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by WDW John
Yeah, it's funny. When Eisner gets the credit for a great attraction, some people get upset saying he had nothing to do with it but to sign his name, the Imagineers should get the credit. But when those same people don't like an attraction (JIYI comes to mind) they point the finger at Eisner, not the Imagineers.

Sure, Eisner has to approve, but it is still the job of the Imagineers to create something we will want to visit, whether the final result is good or bad.

Thank You! He either gets no credit or the bad credit. Some people put him in a lose lose situation all the time, and when you are going to do that you are not going to like him for anything.

Dayma

Wether it is morally correct or not the CEO 99% of the time takes FULL responsibility for the company that they are running. They are there to turn a profit and if they dont they are gone, same goes for Disney as with any other company....

You dont hear many CEO's blamming everyone around them when things go badly. This is because it is dealt with internally and if there were problems then there would be changes in managment...

(excuse my bad spelling :) )

NakedMickey

He should take some of that extra money and use it to pay the castmembers. One of the funniest I've ever learned (from working at Disney) is that they are the big theme park here in Florida and they pay their castmembers some of the lowest wages. I work at Discovery Cove where it is one of the highest paying theme parks. Same goes for Sea World which also pays high wages and even Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom