Grade F for Eisner

Woody13

Originally posted by Blizz
Not to change the topic, but Pixar only uses a Mac version and very advanced version of something like Maya 5. Ice Age, Spiderman, and many other films are done with this type of software. I dont knwo why SDisney doesnt come up with something liek it for their own use.

Sorry for the thread drift. I saw a film clip many years ago ( I forget it's name) that showed Pixar animators hard at work making Toy Story. I noticed at that time that the computers they used were not Apple. Since Mr. Jobs owns Pixar I would have thought he would have insisted upon Apple machines. As it turns out, they never used Apples at Pixar. One animator was quoted as saying, "Apples are just not good for our type of work." Here's the latest I have found;

http://www.itworld.com/Comp/2076/030210pixarintel/page_1.html

Blizz

Just goes to show you, PC's are better.... LOL, j/k, i own a Mac to, but I use my Mac to render and do my digital media, then my PC to do programming (Linux).

I think Eisner is just a bit burnt out, maybe he will make another comeback, and I sure hope so, but whats he waiting for.

wdwfan65

Banned
Eisner saved the Disney company and made it what it is today,maybe not always the way Walt would have but be happy its still an american company not a French water company like Universals parent (did anyone ban this French owned company):fork:

GoofMaul

Originally posted by wdwfan65
Eisner saved the Disney company and made it what it is today,maybe not always the way Walt would have but be happy its still an american company not a French water company like Universals parent (did anyone ban this French owned company):fork:

Yeah, Messier sure stayed true to his name. :lol:

Sorry, but Ceo's are getting paid way too much and were way overpaid in the past few years. These extreme compensation packages are one of the very reasons that companies are now having financial problems. As a stockholder Eisner and the rest are getting way too much and should go. As to the notion that they need the bonuses to keep them. It appears as though too many other companies and their executives are saying the very same thing. It seems like its another big fraud being perpetrated upon employees and shareholders once again. I used to think that the Captain was supposed to go down with the ship, but today it appears as the Captains are stealingeverything from the ship, then sinking it as they flee in their new Yacht while the rest of us employees and shareholders srown! There is definitely something wrong with corporate America today.

As to Eisner, it doesn't matter how great he WAS in the PAST, what matters are his most recent contributions and recently he stinks! Theme parks seem to be in for improvement, but the retail stores SUCK, the television outlet SUCKS, and other problems are on the horizon. Yesterday's homerun won't win today's ballgame. Goodbye Eisner!

As to Pixar, they will definitely sign a more lucrative deal to continue the partnership with Disney. Disney will have to shell out a lot more $$$, but Pixar won't risk losing the mega distributing and marketing power that Disney provides Pixar. All things that will be used in the negotiations, but in the end Disney and Pixar are a guaranteed partnership for the long haul.

WDW John

Originally posted by blackride
This is why we wont see Toy Story 3 anytime soon. I have read many times that the two sides are not getting a long.

I don't think we'll see Toy Story 3 either. A while back Pixar released the names of their next 3 movies in the contract with Disney, Finding Nemo was one (of course) The Incredibles next and then Cars in 2005. After that, we'll have to see if Disney and Pixar sign another deal together...I like them both and hope that this works out well for everyone involved, including us.

TURKEY

I think that Pixar wouldn't have the success it does if they got rid of Disney.

I'm still wondering how well the stock would be doing and what people's opinions would be if Disney had been expensing options to Eisner and other top people for several years now.

Blizz

Originally posted by wdwfan65

I just can't stand Vivendi Universal right now, they killed my fav. rides at Universal Orlando!

I also think that Pixar would have been and still be a nothing without the Disney name.

RickEff

I just can't stand Vivendi Universal right now, they killed my fav. rides at Universal Orlando!

What were your favourite rides at Universal that they took away?

Dayma

I think that Pixar wouldn't have the success it does if they got rid of Disney.

You may be right but Monsters Inc and Toy Story are very good movies no matter what name is on it.

Shrek is a great movie and it has nothing to do with disney :)

Blizz

Originally posted by RickEff
What were your favourite rides at Universal that they took away?

Hitchcock and King Kong.

Vivendi might also not be Universal's parks division's owners anymore if this deal with Blackstone(*I think thats the bidder) in New Yok goes thrught. They are trying to sell of the parks division to someone and then sell the movies division off to someone else. Then vivendi wants to re group Universal Music and do something with it, i forget the whole story, but its something liek that.

GoofMaul

You may be right but Monsters Inc and Toy Story are very good movies no matter what name is on it.

Shrek is a great movie and it has nothing to do with disney :)

I think you are right. And, is it me or does Pixar's name get a more prominent role in every movie that comes out? I just saw the trailer to the new movie Finding Nemo. Pixar was the first name mentioned and Disney's name came a little while after. I didn't know anything about this movie and at first I thought Pixar came out with another movie on their own. :lookaroun

Blizz

Where did King Kong go? I thought it was still there!

Hanna barberra became Jimmy Neutron, Hitchcock is/has become(ing) Shrek 4-D, and King Kong has been removed for "Mummy" indoor rollercoaster.

Tim G

Hanna barberra became Jimmy Neutron, Hitchcock is/has become(ing) Shrek 4-D, and King Kong has been removed for "Mummy" indoor rollercoaster.

Guys??

Can we get back On-Topic... Please, please, please....

Eisner is Disney and not Univ... univ...unver... That attraction park

Blizz

Originally posted by Corrus
Guys??

Can we get back On-Topic... Please, please, please....

Eisner is Disney and not Univ... univ...unver... That attraction park

Sorry about that.

But we can all agree on one thing, some are going to keep thining that Eisner is the best thing for Disney and others are gonn ahate his guts, and some are inbetween. I dont think there is any other compromise.

Tim G

Re: Re: Re: Confirmation

Originally posted by disneyphilip

Spaceship Earth is already too popular an attraction to get changed like that.

Take it from me...

The inside WILL be changed into Time Racers...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Confirmation

Originally posted by Corrus
Take it from me...

The inside WILL be changed into Time Racers...

Take it from me...

The inside WILL NEVER be changed into Time Racers! Never ever! They can't anyway--too many problems will ensue!

ToTBellHop

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confirmation

Originally posted by disneyphilip
Take it from me...

The inside WILL NEVER be changed into Time Racers! Never ever! They can't anyway--too many problems will ensue!

Corrus knows MUCH more than most of us...so like he and I have said, the change is 100% certain...it may come in one of several forms, but it will occur, to be announced in September. If you don't already find Windows XP on every (HP, of course) computer on property, you will soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom