Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confirmation

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Corrus knows MUCH more than most of us

Pffft... Don't overdo it Dogsrule...

More... ok...

MUCH more?? No can tell..

Thanks anyway...

Dayma

If you don't already find Windows XP on every (HP, of course) computer on property, you will soon.

Way before this Disney and MSN were working on joint projects together to topple AOL. Of course it didnt work but thats not the point. Point is that Microsoft and Disney have been working together for years.

What I would hate to see is MSN everywhere in the resorts and the parks. It would be good advertising but I just dont want it jammed down my throat.

Blizz

Corrus knows MUCH more than most of us...so like he and I have said, the change is 100% certain...it may come in one of several forms, but it will occur, to be announced in September. If you don't already find Windows XP on every (HP, of course) computer on property, you will soon.

I am sorry but i just don't see Project Gemini going forward at a time like this when Epcot is struggling. I might, see it coming after they see how MS does. Eisner is full of pipe dreams that Diusney will have all its problems fixed by the opening of one new, big, flashy, fun(i hope) ride.

BTW - A version of Windows XP PLUS! is already on all of the resort hotels computer systems. It look like an NT version of XP PLUS!

And like someone said, Disney and Microsoft have been working together for technologies that we dont see. Just like Disney has been working with GE, Coca-Cola, NASA, Nestle, and many other major companies, its just some of the companies do more, and get big flashy signs, kinda like how HP will get some nice ad space on MS.

Corrus knows MUCH more than most of us...so like he and I have said, the change is 100% certain...it may come in one of several forms, but it will occur, to be announced in September. If you don't already find Windows XP on every (HP, of course) computer on property, you will soon.

Yes of course it can change, and Disney can quickly change into a second-rate amusement park! :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

Hank Scorpio

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confirmation

Originally posted by Blizz
BTW - A version of Windows XP PLUS! is already on all of the resort hotels computer systems. It look like an NT version of XP PLUS!

Windows XP PLUS!? All that is - it's an desktop add-on for WinXP that gives you a couple of brightly coloured backgrounds and screenssavers as well as a few other minor features - anyways, my point is it ain't an operating system, its just an add-on pack.

I suspect you mean Windows XP Professional which is the 'NT version of XP, or you may have even ment Windows 2003 but I doubt that as it's only really server based and was only **officially** released last week... so a company wide rollout the size of Disney ain't likely... but I could be wrong!

BalooChicago

Disney has Shrek's Vangaard Animation in it's back pocket, Disney announced in October an alliance with Shrek producer John Williams' Vanguard Animation to produce up to four computer animated features.

Dayma

Disney has Shrek's Vangaard Animation in it's back pocket, Disney announced in October an alliance with Shrek producer John Williams' Vanguard Animation to produce up to four computer animated features.

This could give Disney a much needed boost in movies..

Blizz

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confirmation

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
Windows XP PLUS!? All that is - it's an desktop add-on for WinXP that gives you a couple of brightly coloured backgrounds and screenssavers as well as a few other minor features - anyways, my point is it ain't an operating system, its just an add-on pack.

I suspect you mean Windows XP Professional which is the 'NT version of XP, or you may have even ment Windows 2003 but I doubt that as it's only really server based and was only **officially** released last week... so a company wide rollout the size of Disney ain't likely... but I could be wrong!

Sorrry, what I ment to say is a networked version of XP, I am suspecting XP Pro but it could be Windows 2002 NT. It also had the PLUS! upgrade.

But hey its Disney,t hey might very well have been "Beta Testers" of the unreleased version.

Dayma

Microsoft as a partner in the parks would be a good idea. They have VERY deep pockets as we know and a fine attention to detail ( dont start with me u linux and novell users :) )......

If they do become park sponsors here what Microsoft should do.....

They should give families access to the internet at each resort and also a user name @disney.com or @mickeysoft.com. Upon leaving the park either the account is canceled or you can pay monthly for the account. Wouldnt it be nice to write your friends from the parks from your DISNEY email account?

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
Originally posted by blackride
Microsoft as a partner in the parks would be a good idea. They have VERY deep pockets as we know and a fine attention to detail ( dont start with me u linux and novell users :) )......

If they do become park sponsors here what Microsoft should do.....

They should give families access to the internet at each resort and also a user name @disney.com or @mickeysoft.com. Upon leaving the park either the account is canceled or you can pay monthly for the account. Wouldnt it be nice to write your friends from the parks from your DISNEY email account?

hey sounds like a good idea!!!

Blizz

Sounds beyond system limitations, but hey I would love an @disney.com account. I guess I will have to live with Disney on MSN for now.

But Eisner is already friends with Gates, why not do more with that relationship?

BalooChicago

I always thought a Photo/Internet kiosk would be a great idea for the parks... When your digital camera card starts to get full you stop by the kiosk, put the card in, sign up for a disneymsn.com account, upload the photos, when you get home you could email photos to friends, order prints, etc. Maybe even do a real or virtual postcard while you are there.

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
Originally posted by BalooChicago
I always thought a Photo/Internet kiosk would be a great idea for the parks... When your digital camera card starts to get full you stop by the kiosk, put the card in, sign up for a disneymsn.com account, upload the photos, when you get home you could email photos to friends, order prints, etc. Maybe even do a real or virtual postcard while you are there.

those kiosks are great..........

I always stop by Image Works in Epcot to send home pictures of me. It was a great way to show I was having a good time working here. I leave to go home on Friday, but I'll return to work more throughout the summer and whenever else I feel like it!

Originally posted by ghostygreeter
I always stop by Image Works in Epcot to send home pictures of me. It was a great way to show I was having a good time working here. I leave to go home on Friday, but I'll return to work more throughout the summer and whenever else I feel like it!

Never been there before, I will have to check that out before I go.

It is the dump for the Journey into Imagination ride. They have cameras that take your picture, and you can add special effects to the picture and send it as an e-mail for you and others to see.

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
Do you think Eisner will ever give up the job....like before it is the "right" time to retire....like leave because of pressure or something??????

Blizz

Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
Do you think Eisner will ever give up the job....like before it is the "right" time to retire....like leave because of pressure or something??????

Well if your company was shoving bonuses in your face would you leave?

I bet he will only leave if it looks like he will get blamed for something, pressure from the board, or a better job with bigger bonuses opeans up.

But I see him sticking around for a while longer...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom