News Gotta Pay2Play: Paid FP on the way!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You must purchase for a minimum of 3 days of the "extras", although these need not be consecutive, and need not apply to everyone in a room.

So, then, you must buy 3 (not necessarily consecutive) days of SuperFPs? IOW, per person, $150 for 3 days of SFPs?

21stamps

So now the details are known, I thought I'd summarise what those who have already booked have said.

You must be staying CL, or at Poly bungalows or CC cabins to qualify (includes some of the superior suites at Swan & Dolphin)

DVC CL rooms at AKL do qualify, so do points stays at Poly bungalows and CC cabins.

You must purchase for a minimum of 3 days of the "extras", although these need not be consecutive, and need not apply to everyone in a room.

The FPs and night time reservation must be booked on the phone when booking the package. They can only be changed by a call to Signature Services (? the CL dept I assume). On the day they have been told the CL concierge will be able to change them.

Extra FPs (EFP) cannot overlap with each other or normal FPs. They appear separately on MDE without the modify buttons etc. No tier or park restrictions (park hopping need a park hopper ticket obviously). All are "subject to availability", whatever that might mean (- presumably to limit impact, so 100 EFPs will not be permitted for FoP @7pm). No repeat EFPs, and it is assumed cannot be the same as normal FPs.

Can only book within 90 days of check-out date.

Normal FPs can be managed as usual.

No tax on the $50 apparently.

Nighttime shows are HEA, Illuminations, Fantasmic, ROL. Special served viewing areas apply.

I'll edit if I've missed anything or see anything new.

Feel free to continue "debating"!

So basically you receive 3 additional fast passes regardless of tier.. and dessert party viewing without a dessert party.
Doesn’t sound too horribly priced based on that.

spock8113

So what kind of Mickey Mouse idea is this? Terrible!@#$%^$&* idea.
Now rides will shut sooner due to high volume and your everyday schmuck will be just wandering 'round the parks.
What do think will happen when Toy Story Land or Star Wars Land open? The rides will be fully booked within minutes
and families whose kids came to get on these rides at least once, won't get a chance.
Just another reason not to go anymore 'cause of the gouging for more money.
"One man's Nightmare".

nickys

Premium Member
So basically you receive 3 additional fast passes regardless of tier.. and dessert party viewing without a dessert party.
Doesn’t sound too horribly priced based on that.

The people I've seen post about it also pointed out the stress-free planning they can now do.

So for AK, they maybe already have FoP, Navii and Safari booked, with ROL reserved viewing. At 60 days they only need to pick up EE, Kali and Dinosaur - no problems there.

For Epcot, they have TT, FEA and Soarin sorted, with Illuminations. No issue getting SE and whatever at 60 days. No rope drop required, no PPO to race to Soarin, etc.

One guy reckoned he'd pretty much paid for it by cancelling EMM, desert party, PPO breakfasts. And he had already booked CL before news of this came out.

The other side of the coin though - no overlaps, so you'll be "committed" to 4-5 hrs to get through all FPs, plus a nighttime show. Which minimises the time spent at the resort, taking advantage of the CL for which they've paid an extra $$$$ for!

But all the same, if this was extended until SW:GE opens, just think of all that stress removed before the 60 day mark.

nickys

Premium Member
So what kind of Mickey Mouse idea is this? Terrible!@#$%^$&* idea.
Now rides will shut sooner due to high volume and your everyday schmuck will be just wandering 'round the parks.
What do think will happen when Toy Story Land or Star Wars Land open? The rides will be fully booked within minutes
and families whose kids came to get on these rides at least once, won't get a chance.
Just another reason not to go anymore 'cause of the gouging for more money.
"One man's Nightmare".

As it stands, not necessarily. CL rooms plus the others account for maybe 5% of rooms, if that. The extra FPs should be spread out enough so that in any one hour there could be maybe 10 more people in the FP line. You can't change any of them yourself.

Now if they extend it, then all bets are off. And your scenario becomes more of a reality.

21stamps

The people I've seen post about it also pointed out the stress-free planning they can now do.

So for AK, they maybe already have FoP, Navii and Safari booked, with ROL reserved viewing. At 60 days they only need to pick up EE, Kali and Dinosaur - no problems there.

For Epcot, they have TT, FEA and Soarin sorted, with Illuminations. No issue getting SE and whatever at 60 days. No rope drop required, no PPO to race to Soarin, etc.

One guy reckoned he'd pretty much paid for it by cancelling EMM, desert party, PPO breakfasts. And he had already booked CL before news of this came out.

The other side of the coin though - no overlaps, so you'll be "committed" to 4-5 hrs to get through all FPs, plus a nighttime show. Which minimises the time spent at the resort, taking advantage of the CL for which they've paid an extra $$$$ for!

But all the same, if this was extended until SW:GE opens, just think of all that stress removed before the 60 day mark.

If I were doing it, I’d schedule everything for late afternoon/evenings. Spend the morning and early afternoon at the resort..then maybe on another day schedule everything morning/early afternoon.. leave, then come back for the nighttime show.

njDizFan

After what I think was a very thorough search, the only resort that I could find was the Poly that didn't have at least $250 difference between standard-theme park view and lowest club level. Apparently the Poly puts theme park view at a premium but the Contemporary and Grand Flo are much higher for at least 5 dates I checked throughout the year

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yep. Segregation.

Agree 100%. This is totally segregation.

Being able to purchase 3 extra FastPasses is exactly like Plessy v. Ferguson and look how damaging that turned out.

This is the complete equivalent to being discriminated against because of race or religion. EXACTLY THE SAME. NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

Three extra Fastpasses = Jim Crow Laws.

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

The example is off the grid...

But the feeling that disney is pricing people out with what is actually old product is very real and I get the angst.

The monetization of fastpass is definitely worth watching.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
After what I think was a very thorough search, the only resort that I could find was the Poly that didn't have at least $250 difference between standard-theme park view and lowest club level. Apparently the Poly puts theme park view at a premium but the Contemporary and Grand Flo are much higher for at least 5 dates I checked throughout the year

I've died on the battlefield of debating what a waste window views are in hotels at wdw...but still they hook people. "Club level" is worse...but there's no point in debate unless people start asking "why?" With some frequency...

nickys

Premium Member
are you sure the extra FPs get cancelled when you cancel the club room?

No, none of it is first hand (I did say that). I can only report what I read.

But they were told, on asking what the cancellation policy was, that the extra FPs and nighttime viewing would be cancelled and a full refund given. Not sure what the cancellation notice period is though.

Cake

Wow! This announcement has generated a lot of conversation. I’m a little late to the party and I tried to read everyone’s comments, but to be honest..there’s a diverse group here.

My opinion is good for WDW. There are families that will pay this premium and those that will not. So is life. There are comments about the haves and have nots. No one said life was fair. USA is capitalist society..again good for WDW. When WDW makes $$ I gain through a better customer experience. So, I think we all will benefit from this, even if we don’t buy the bonus FP

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wow! This announcement has generated a lot of conversation. I’m a little late to the party and I tried to read everyone’s comments, but to be honest..there’s a diverse group here.

My opinion is good for WDW. There are families that will pay this premium and those that will not. So is life. There are comments about the haves and have nots. No one said life was fair. USA is capitalist society..again good for WDW. When WDW makes $$ I gain through a better customer experience. So, I think we all will benefit from this, even if we don’t buy the bonus FP

So selling additional entries to a slate of older attractions with crowd levels rising is good for your guest experience?

How so?

jakeman

The example is off the grid...

But the feeling that disney is pricing people out with what is actually old product is very real and I get the angst.

The monetization of fastpass is definitely worth watching.
Fine, feel angsty, but be an adult and have some perspective on what you're comparing it to.

smile

When WDW makes $$ I gain through a better customer experience.

the above is neither opinion nor fact; i believe that's why you were asked to clarify...
it could be an early warning sign of near-fatal dust inhalation.

you're more than welcome to enjoy the condition (free country and all), but it's one that's generally frowned upon in these parts and something many are wary of.

Cake

the above is neither opinion nor fact; i believe that's why you were asked to clarify...
it could be an early warning sign of near-fatal dust inhalation.

you're more than welcome to enjoy the condition (free country and all), but it's one that's generally frowned upon in these parts and something many are wary of.

Not sure your point, but it sounds like you agree it’s a free country ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom