News Gotta Pay2Play: Paid FP on the way!

jakeman

I presented my opinion. If you disagree that’s okay. You don’t have to be an [***] if I don’t agree with my opinion.
So...maybe you quoted the wrong person? Because I didn't quote you.
Right...I don't feel angsty...I've got the equivalent of a house (maybe 2) invested in that place over my adult life...

But I get the feeling...it's kinda crass to dismiss it with low grade hyperbole
Apologies my "you" was a plural second person.

Again though, angst is fine, but opinions are dismissed when the comparisons are irrational.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So...maybe you quoted the wrong person? Because I didn't quote you.

Apologies my "you" was a plural second person.

Again though, angst is fine, but opinions are dismissed when the comparisons are irrational.

I've got no problems with disagreements...this is tbe Dusterboards...

I just think the whole civil rights angle
Might have been much. And I'm generally insensitive and haven't an ounce of political correctness ;)

Brad Bishop

I thought about it and I think I can summarize people's problem with these kind of things (FP++$$, cabanas, After Hours Nights, etc):

They've made themselves out to be the Mr. Haney (Green Acres) of Theme Park Resorts.

For those of you unfamiliar:

Mr. Haney is a capitalist. The first scene is him selling a house, unfurnished, to the new couple in town. So he goes in and pulls out all of the furniture, plus the bathtub, so he can sell it back to Mr. Douglas.

You can argue that it's capitalism, business, whatever, and you're not wrong. No one wants to deal with Mr. Haney though because he never quite sells you what you expect and everything is a premium up-charge after. Basically, it's always an endless game with him and while it's funny to watch on TV, it's not how you want to spend real life.

It's why people dislike the cable company or, going 20 years back, the phone company. It's always an endless game. Do you want cable? That's $x/mo.. Oh, you want HD cable, eh? (read all of this is Mr. Haney's voice) Well, I have a super de-luxe premium package that will deliver ALL of your channels in HD for the low, low price of $10 extra/mo. Oh, who wanted stereo sound? Well I can deliver that, too, for a mere $5 extra/mo, guar-an-teed.

That's what Disney is now. Mr. Haney for vacations. While people may have a hard time putting their finger on it, they ultimately don't want every moment to be them thinking their buying something they're not only to learn that there's a Super Fantastic 100% Extra Magical Add-On for a mere...

It annoys people. It annoys me.

If you've never seen Green Acres, it is a great show. Well worth giving it a try.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because some people feel their family can consume $200 worth of snacks and drinks per day with no problem.

Nahhh...it's not that. It's always been (my experience) more of a new money or hyper consumerism thing.

Back patting. After hundreds of interactions with "concierge" at wdw...the largest single faction seemed to be those that were more up and comers (nothing wrong with that)...that would have been scared to death to enter the lobby at the St.
Regis or a Mandarin for fear they'd be wearing the wrong shoes or would sit on a sculpture thinking it was a chair by mistake.

That's just my gut on that.

21stamps

Nahhh...it's not that. It's always been (my experience) more of a new money or hyper consumerism thing.

Back patting. After hundreds of interactions with "concierge" at wdw...the largest single faction seemed to be those that were more up and comers (nothing wrong with that)...that would have been scared to death to enter the lobby at the St.
Regis or a Mandarin for fear they'd be wearing the wrong shoes or would sit on a sculpture thinking it was a chair by mistake.

That's just my gut on that.

I liked staying club level at GF or BWI back when I did adult visits. I don’t stay CL with my child. However, one of my girlfriends is staying in a theme park view RPC room at GF right now. That’s the only resort and room type that they stay in...because they enjoy it, no other reason.
Just because you or I or someone else may not choose something, doesn’t mean that another person will share those same opinions or decisions. That’s why there’s so many options, for a variety of travelers.

Marlins1

I've died on the battlefield of debating what a waste window views are in hotels at wdw...but still they hook people. "Club level" is worse...but there's no point in debate unless people start asking "why?" With some frequency...
Just a matter of taste and priorities - I’ll spend an extra hour or more waiting on a room with a better view if they give me a bad one. Sitting on a balcony or patio enjoying coffee in the AM or a drink later is a great part of the trip for me. Disney hotels have some great views.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just a matter of taste and priorities - I’ll spend an extra hour or more waiting on a room with a better view if they give me a bad one. Sitting on a balcony or patio enjoying coffee in the AM or a drink later is a great part of the trip for me. Disney hotels have some great views.

...and some pretty hefty fees for those views...as the counterpoint

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I liked staying club level at GF or BWI back when I did adult visits. I don’t stay CL with my child. However, one of my girlfriends is staying in a theme park view RPC room at GF right now. That’s the only resort and room type that they stay in...because they enjoy it, no other reason.
Just because you or I or someone else may not choose something, doesn’t mean that another person will share those same opinions or decisions. That’s why there’s so many options, for a variety of travelers.

Right...I get you.

The thing I slipped in the layers there was "my experience"...that was a big red and white looking place and the cool nautical looking grey one.

Just an overall
Case study...doesn't apply to every case.

Though I gotta say...that "that's the only thing they'll stay in"...absolutely checks off a big box in the criteria I'm describing...just my take.

ryguy

The price point for this is too expensive. My best client who always stays club level balked at the price. Plus there are restrictions to the three passes. These fast passes need to be any fast pass ride at any time. Right now its a tough up charge to sell.

Truthfully with the prices people are paying to stay club level these should be free. Or at least get an extra fast pass.

nickys

Premium Member
The price point for this is too expensive. My best client who always stays club level balked at the price. Plus there are restrictions to the three passes. These fast passes need to be any fast pass ride at any time. Right now its a tough up charge to sell.

Truthfully with the prices people are paying to stay club level these should be free. Or at least get an extra fast pass.

The only restrictions to the EFPs are no repeat rides. Otherwise none that I can think of.

And CL is hard to book, so there's always been people willing to pay for CL without this. Interest is apparently "very high" among CL guests already booked.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only restrictions to the EFPs are no repeat rides. Otherwise none that I can think of.

And CL is hard to book, so there's always been people willing to pay for CL without this. Interest is apparently "very high" among CL guests already booked.

traditionally , it's not been available at most times to book...no less so than regular rooms in all categories

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom