GOTG Flying Coaster in EPCOT?

21stamps

It wasn't a bad film, but if anyone is not fantastic for Pixar people will be disappointed so it was a semi-flop: in the sense that it will eventually break even with tv-rights and DVD sales, but flopped in the box-office so I doubt it.
Am I the only one who watched this movie and thought "wow, it's the Lion King with dinosaurs" ?

Daveeeeed

Welcome. . . BUT, if the last few months have proven anything, even what may be considered ROCK SOLID information one day may be changed or even eliminated in very short order. Still, it is as current as I have.
Right, completely understand. I think it's sad that we are losing an Energy themed ride, but I guess since it is tucked away it won't be as bad. And Epcot needs rides SO BADLY I'll take any e-ticket at this point.

bcoachable

Marni-
Tell me/us, (and sorry if this has been made clear to most, but I am just not "getting it") are the powers that be even TRYING to fit GOTG to an Energy Theme? Or is this just going to be a ride (all be it well themed in it's own right- I am sure) plopped down in a pavilion that used to represent energy? I can see how a Norway country could be stretched into hosting a Frozen ride (not that I really like it, but I get it) So I keep holding out hope that there is at least an effort to keep some sort of theme going with this GOTG slides into Energy talk... Can you shed any light on how this IP fits into Energy theme for me/us?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni-
Tell me/us, (and sorry if this has been made clear to most, but I am just not "getting it") are the powers that be even TRYING to fit GOTG to an Energy Theme? Or is this just going to be a ride (all be it well themed in it's own right- I am sure) plopped down in a pavilion that used to represent energy? I can see how a Norway country could be stretched into hosting a Frozen ride (not that I really like it, but I get it) So I keep holding out hope that there is at least an effort to keep some sort of theme going with this GOTG slides into Energy talk... Can you shed any light on how this IP fits into Energy theme for me/us?
I don't have any plot or story specifics. There may be an energy-inspired theme but I don't have details.

Obviously the IP would work better elsewhere.

Siren

Original Poster
11abiqh.jpg

I think Primeval Whirl was inspired by the iconic Palm Springs Cabazon Dinosaurs and enhanced with a carnival road side spectacle.

It's just like taking a road trip and seeing nothing but corn and wheat for hours or even days and then you come across something totally out of place and unexpected but fun.

People seem delightfully surprised when they see Dinorama. It's tacky but fun. The only exception is kids reactions when they can't ride Primeval Whirl. I have seen some serious tantrums. LOL.

Back on topic, thank you to all the contributors here. So, it appears that Epcot is getting GOTG coaster, just not a flying coaster.

I'm glad that TOT is spared but still super cautious on how Disney plans to execute this.

Last edited:

Bocabear

11abiqh.jpg

I think Primeval Whirl was inspired by the iconic Palm Springs Cabazon Dinosaurs and enhanced with a carnival road side spectacle.

It's just like taking a road trip and seeing nothing but corn and wheat for hours or even days and then you come across something totally out of place and unexpected but fun.

People seem delightfully surprised when they see Dinorama. It's tacky but fun. The only exception is kids reactions when they can't ride Primeval Whirl. I have seen some serious tantrums. LOL.

Back on topic, thank you to all the contributors here. So, it appears that Epcot is getting GOTG coaster, just not a flying coaster.

I'm glad that TOT is spared but still super cautious on how Disney plans to execute this.
Wow! That is the best spin on the idea of Chester and Hester I have ever seen...lol Mostly I see people looking puzzled when they enter the area... They don't get the references in the design...Most people remark that at least Disney could have repaved before putting the rides in the parking lot...totally missing what they did... Some get it....most don't. and it is just an odd fit for the Animal Kingdom...which is the most beautifully themed park. They really should have put in The Excavator coaster instead...and the carnival games are beyond tacky.

Siren

Original Poster
Wow! That is the best spin on the idea of Chester and Hester I have ever seen...lol Mostly I see people looking puzzled when they enter the area... They don't get the references in the design...Most people remark that at least Disney could have repaved before putting the rides in the parking lot...totally missing what they did... Some get it....most don't. and it is just an odd fit for the Animal Kingdom...which is the most beautifully themed park. They really should have put in The Excavator coaster instead...and the carnival games are beyond tacky.
Hi @Bocabear! LOL, this is totally not spin -- just a different perspective.

And yes, I will agree about the concrete and parking lot vibe -- but, I figured that was intentional. LOL.

Honestly, I can take it or leave it. But, since it's here, why not enjoy it? It's only temporary anyway.

cjkeating

I tend to think of Dinorama from the perspective of someone visiting from an area of Africa or Asia represented by Harambe, Anandpur or Serka Zong, I am sure they would walk through and be questioning why Disney have recreated a village from their country. It would be unremarkable to them whilst a road side carnival would be unique to them and probably more interesting hence why most American visitors completely disregard Dinorama.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom