Gordon Lightfoot!

maelstrom

Original Poster
Those of you who know me know that I'm a huge Gordon Lightfoot fan. I finally got to see him in concert Friday night in Atlantic City! I can't believe it really happened.

Set 1: Spanish Moss, Don Quixote, Minstrel of the Dawn, In My Fashion, Harmony, Never Too Close, Ghosts of Cape Horn, Rainy Day People, Sea of Tranquility, Cotton Jenny, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Ribbon of Darkness, Sundown, I Used to Be a Country Singer.

Set 2: Pony Man, Beautiful, Shadows, If You Could Read My Mind, Let it Ride, Clouds of Loneliness, Blackberry Wine, Baby Step Back, Canadian Railroad Trilogy, Restless, Old Dan's Records.

Encores: Early Morning Rain, Cold on the Shoulder.

Everyone went crazy when he did the Trilogy (I have to admit that's my favourite as well). His voice doesn't sound the same as it used to; it's thinner and more nasal; but that's to be expected. For hardcore Lightfoot fans this was a great show. I would've liked if he did Steel Rail Blues and Alberta Bound but I won't complain.

And I got to spend an entire night with my boyfriend in a $200 hotel room. :animwink: :D :p

With all he's gone through in the past couple of years its amazing that he's alive, let alone touring again. I'm happy to hear that he's still got what it takes to give a great show! I've aways found him to be a fabulous story-teller type of song writer, but a bit too nasal as a singer for my taste. Glad you had a good time.:)

Tink

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Only Gordon I know is Gordon Freeman.

Google it if you don't know.

Other notable Gordons: Phil Gordon and the Gordon's Fisherman.

WDWScottieBoy

Hey now, I'm only 19 and I am a fan of his work. My parents both love him so I grew up listening to oldies and his work! He's a very talented guy, and I'm glad you finally got to see him! :wave:

tigsmom

Thrawn said:
Only Gordon I know is Gordon Freeman.

Google it if you don't know.

Other notable Gordons: Phil Gordon and the Gordon's Fisherman.

The Gorton's Fisherman? The guy from the fish commercials?

GenerationX

Sundown is a great song. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald would be much better with 15 or 16 fewer verses. :D

Most famous Gordon: Gordon Sumner (a.k.a. Sting).

maelstrom

Original Poster
WDWScottieBoy said:
Hey now, I'm only 19 and I am a fan of his work. My parents both love him so I grew up listening to oldies and his work! He's a very talented guy, and I'm glad you finally got to see him! :wave:

I'm only 19 as well (20 in January!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom