Google Earth / 3dParks is LIVE!!!! GO GO GO

NadieMasK2

The giant water wheel at POR food court is MIA. Really looks odd without it. I was just about to take a dip in the pool on Ol' Man Island when I noticed it...:lol:

dazzer68

the swimming pool at all star movies is still being built! how old are these pics/ come on google time to update. when i click on my house the picture is about 8 years old( i know this because we had a house built in our garden 8 years ago and its not on there!)
can you walk through the castle? the controls are really hard to work out, and it keep getting shot back up to space when i try and zoom!

Pete C

Oh my God what are some of you people expecting? A Grand Theft Auto 4 level virtual world with this thing? The fact that they have texture mapped 3D models of every building in WDW is impressive enough! And, oh yeah...it's FREE. They've even 3D modeled the entire downtown Orlando area. They are doing impressive work. The fact that this even exists is amazing. One application can take you from WDW to the Vatican in Rome...you can't 3D model the entire world and expect to have everything look perfect.

My only request is that they make a walk mode that sticks you to the ground and allows you to use First Person Shooter controls to walk and look around. The application isn't fast enough to handle an input like that yet though, since it is only as fast as your connection.

hpyhnt 1000

Oh my God what are some of you people expecting? A Grand Theft Auto 4 level virtual world with this thing? The fact that they have texture mapped 3D models of every building in WDW is impressive enough! And, oh yeah...it's FREE. They've even 3D modeled the entire downtown Orlando area. They are doing impressive work. The fact that this even exists is amazing. One application can take you from WDW to the Vatican in Rome...you can't 3D model the entire world and expect to have everything look perfect.

My only request is that they make a walk mode that sticks you to the ground and allows you to use First Person Shooter controls to walk and look around. The application isn't fast enough to handle an input like that yet though, since it is only as fast as your connection.

Agreed. there are enough areas on GE that are 3D that this feature woud be helpful.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I made my point and added an explanation of the point in detail. What is your point? It is poopy 3D and it is troublesome to navigate. And I have been working in 3D animation design for years... working in 3D animation can be poopy when designing for film or print. The final product should not be poopy.

(I used poopy here to avoid word deletion)

some people are just never satisfied.

Help!

I downloaded Google Earth 4.3, as per the instructions.

I did a search, and a map of Disneyworld came up.

I couldn't see any golden Mickey ears, so I took someone's advice on this thread, and checked the 3D box at the bottom left of the screen.

I'm clicking on the letters in red and the blue circles, but all I'm getting is pictures saying Panoramia or something like that.

Can anyone help?

EpcoTim

I'm using the Mac version, but the golden ears appear for me between the Magic Kingdom and the Ticket Center. Once I click that, I get a pop up box that lets me pick a park or resorts, and it takes me there. Once there, it doesnt have the 3D effect until I "zoom in" to the park (which I do with 2 fingers on my mousepad). Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Evo

I like how you can remove buildings.. Don't like the Sorcerer's hat at the studios? Just remove it!

Ev

wdwCC

Anyone know, did Disney or Google do the 3D rendering? I assume it's Google but if Disney could ship a "3D walk through" CD along with the vacation planning DVD, that would be cool.

SAV

I downloaded Google Earth 4.3, as per the instructions.

I did a search, and a map of Disneyworld came up.

I couldn't see any golden Mickey ears, so I took someone's advice on this thread, and checked the 3D box at the bottom left of the screen.

I'm clicking on the letters in red and the blue circles, but all I'm getting is pictures saying Panoramia or something like that.

Can anyone help?

Did you click on the "Show this layer" button on the top right of the pop up window? Then you have to click on the show in 3D button. Maybe that will help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom