54.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 89

hpyhnt 1000

Its great fun, but its SLOW loading. Overall though, I'm really impressed with the program. There are some great details throughout.

The one thing I hope they do in later versions is make it so you can choose what you want to be 3D. Right now, if you want to see anything in 3D, then EVERYTHING on property becomes 3D. In a sense that's nice, but it makes Google Earth perform really slowly because it has to load every attraction, resort, tree, etc, etc. I would like to be able to individually select what I want in 3D. For example, if I wanted to see Epcot in 3D, I'd click on the ears for Epcot and ONLY Epcot would show up. Everything else would remain a basic 2D satellite image. I think allowing the user to pick and choose what he/she wants in 3D would make the system much faster than it currently is.

Don't get me wrong. I love what Google and Disney have done, and considering this is kind of groundbreaking, its pretty darn cool! Its just that as later versions of Google Earth come on line, I would like to have the ability to select individual parks/resorts to make 3D, which would hopefully lessen the amount of down time waiting for things to load.

disneydiva72

For those who do not see the golden ears...

On the bottom left hand side you will see "Primary Database" scroll down that little section until you see "3D BUILDINGS" check that and walla, there it is.
:)

teebin

I dunno about anyone else... but I prefer maps.live.com. While Gooey Earth is clever... it isn't the real mccoy. maps.live.com 'birds eye view' is useful. Gooey is gimmicky, slow, difficult to zoom in on less you find yourself inside a tree or building trying to look at something else... in my opinion. I am no fan of Microsoft yet I am a fan of Google, but this product falls way short. Kind of like SGE at MK.

Paul06TC

I dunno about anyone else... but I prefer maps.live.com. While Gooey Earth is clever... it isn't the real mccoy. maps.live.com 'birds eye view' is useful. Gooey is gimmicky, slow, difficult to zoom in on less you find yourself inside a tree or building trying to look at something else... in my opinion. I am no fan of Microsoft yet I am a fan of Google, but this product falls way short. Kind of like SGE at MK.

but does it have WDW in 3D, I think not.

wvdisneyfamily

I know this is probably a really dumb question, but is this live? If I am sitting here at 3:00, can I watch the parade? I was under the impression it was live. Also, for those of you having trouble, I had to uncheck the gallery box on the layers toolbar. It was keeping mine from loading right. That may not be right, but it made mine work better.

Philo

I know this is probably a really dumb question, but is this live? If I am sitting here at 3:00, can I watch the parade? I was under the impression it was live. Also, for those of you having trouble, I had to uncheck the gallery box on the layers toolbar. It was keeping mine from loading right. That may not be right, but it made mine work better.

I'm afraid it's not live. The ground is made up of images which will be a few months old (probably? They will be periodically updated). The buildings are models with phtographs on taken a few weeks ago. I imagine these will also beperiodically updated.

Philo

maps.live is great for it's birds eye view and high detail although its 3D service doesn't match google earth. I also prefer google for route finding.

teebin

maps.live is great for it's birds eye view and high detail although its 3D service doesn't match google earth. I also prefer google for route finding.

That is my point. maps.live.com birds eye is great for looking at real property in detail. Google's general maps are great for doing routes. Googles 3D wdw is pretty much worthless. maps.live.com birds eye view is far better for viewing the property and other major great destinations around the country in necessary detail.

Jorden

I have to really question when some of these photos were taken... try to look at Midway Mania... looks a lot like WWTBAMPI to me (minus the marquee for that attraction). They have the old Narnia winter photo op rendered as well... but for every missing thing these something randomly added like the jedi training stage or the podium outside Le Cellier.

Also the pinstation/tip board at Epoct is rotated...

teebin

but does it have WDW in 3D, I think not.

I made my point and added an explanation of the point in detail. What is your point? It is poopy 3D and it is troublesome to navigate. And I have been working in 3D animation design for years... working in 3D animation can be poopy when designing for film or print. The final product should not be poopy.

(I used poopy here to avoid word deletion)

teebin

I have to really question when some of these photos were taken... try to look at Midway Mania... looks a lot like WWTBAMPI to me (minus the marquee for that attraction). They have the old Narnia winter photo op rendered as well... but for every missing thing these something randomly added like the jedi training stage or the podium outside Le Cellier.

Also the pinstation/tip board at Epoct is rotated...

yeah... it's poopy. :wave:

Mr.EPCOT

yeah... it's poopy. :wave:

That's pretty harsh for something that I'm sure some people put a lot of hard, tedious work into. There are obviously a lot of people, as evidenced by this thread, who really love it. Sure, there are mistakes, like the Electric Umbrella seems to be in both quadrants of Innoventions East if you are standing in the breezeway, but I'm sure they will be updated over time.

Hobnail Boot

So.... I can't see WDW in 3D. I had Google Earth installed, and I would click on "Show Disney World in 3D" and nothing would happen. I even waited 30 minutes at one point because some said it was loading slowly, but nothing happend. I tried to update but it said I had the most recent version. So I uninstalled and reinstalled GE, and I still can't see anything in 3D. Anyone have any ideas?

JimboJones123

Anybody else notice the big plot of land where 20K used to be, behind Pooh's Playful Spot? Wonder if they'll expand and put something in there?

JimboJones123

Some nice detail on the carousel.
I noticed that too. Kinda cool treat.

Did anybody else find secret doors and stuff while "inside" the castle and Fantasyland rides? I found one inside Snow White. It was a single door with a sign over it that I couldn't quite read. Maybe it was a back door or something, but it was a weird find.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom