Goodbye Kryssa... hello Stacy

wdwjmp239

rainfully said:
With the addition of the new Happiest Celebration on Earth happenings around the World, Kryssa is no longer the host of the Top 7 countdown on Resort TV. Replacing her is Stacy, a girl with long dark brown hair. Same basic concept, new things added with a new host.

Soarin' is the new #1, by the way.

I wish I was thinking... I would have done a short video capture... but unfortunately, I have nothing.

Kryssa was getting a bit on the annoying side. Is Stacy just as wired? ;)

jhastings74

When we were over at the MK last weekend, the monitors in the bus transportation lines back to the resorts were showing the old Top 7 with Kryssa while the t.v.'s at the resort were showing the new one (yuck!). Maybe I just don't like change....

WDWnahtazu

Now that Ive seen Stacy and I've seen Erin then I think its pretty safe to say that Kryssa needs to come back. Erins okay, but she just feels like shes doing a toned-down kryssa imitation. Plus she has one of those smoker voices that good looking girls tend to get for some reason. No thanks.

Kurtj43

Wow, the sad thing is, I was there as Stacy was filming the show at the RnRollercoaster at MGM. I honestly thought that she was doing it for the spanish channel (since the channel was a dubbed over version of Kryssa...and BTW, WOW, did they do a good job with that voiceover...) How could they EVER get rid of Kryssa????

That picture is pretty bad of Stacy...she wasn't bad in person...nowhere near Kryssa, but not bad....

Anywho, anyone who knows me can tell you that I was sick to my stomach when I found out this news she was gone...my favorite TV show is cancelled...I watched the second I got to my room, I would fall asleep during my nap, and watch when I got back at night...I had her whole show memorized...I guess I have issues...

lborne

Kurtj43 said:
...I had her whole show memorized...I guess I have issues...

No no - this obsession is not a disease or problem. Just because you loose your job, wife, family and friends because you watch Kryssa all the time, does not mean it is your fault. It is everyone elses'. Remember - those little pink padded rooms do NOT have TVs, and positively do not show the Top 7 with Kryssa.

This new girl, while possibly cute to a certain portion of the population (???), is not my type at all. Everyone knows blondes are more fun. (just kidding - no hate mail please). Samantha Brown, while looking amazingly similar to Kryssa, is way too subdued. Who would you rather go to the parks with? Kryssa of course. How about to the Lourve? Still Kryssa.

I've said this before, but the other person who is amazingly similar to Kryssa is Jenna Elfman as Dharma on Dharma and Greg. Anyone remember this show? She had all the cuteness and perkiness.

Disney_Belle

Stacy is just... stacy. ugh. Shes got a very very high pitched voice that can go through your head like a nail lol. And I noticed a lot of the script is used in the vacation dvd like "slingshot on steroids" and things like that. But you can still see Kryssa while waiting in line for your bus at MK. But honestly I just wish they would go back to Tip for Today which is no longer airing in spanish either... the spanish host is a lot prettier too lol.

lborne

JeffH said:
We were off-site this weekend and Friday night we saw the same old show, with Mission Space #1

I'll be staying off site the week of June 6 and this will help ease the pain of not being at a Disney resort. I'll just send the wife and kids to the park and watch Kryssa all day long.

GenerationX

lborne said:
I've said this before, but the other person who is amazingly similar to Kryssa is Jenna Elfman as Dharma on Dharma and Greg. Anyone remember this show? She had all the cuteness and perkiness.
I see the similarity, and I find both women irresistably fun, as well.

diddy_mouse

is it wrong that i still miss Mr. Zip-a-dee-do-dah? :confused:

to me, *nothing* could compare to that in the world of resort TV. i miss the little lead-ins with the theme park logos and those tips and the music...*sigh* i know i 'm beating a dead horse...the zip-a-dee-do-dah guy will never return...now we have, well you know :p

Nut4Disney

I recall there being a WDW TV channel in all off property hotels as well. This past march when we went we stayed at a Hampton Inn off property for the first nite because we were getting in late, and they had the Zipadeedoodah tip for today loop playing (the one with the dragon and the castle origami), and the guy in the yellow shirt. They had already changed over to the Magic Your Way tickets but still showed this loop. We are leaving for WDW in 2 weeks and are also staying off property the first nite, I will have to check.

dxwwf3

Nut4Disney said:
I recall there being a WDW TV channel in all off property hotels as well. This past march when we went we stayed at a Hampton Inn off property for the first nite because we were getting in late, and they had the Zipadeedoodah tip for today loop playing (the one with the dragon and the castle origami), and the guy in the yellow shirt. They had already changed over to the Magic Your Way tickets but still showed this loop. We are leaving for WDW in 2 weeks and are also staying off property the first nite, I will have to check.

Wow. That might be the only advantage of staying off site :)

I hope that they still have Zip A Dee Do Dah playing when you are there. The newer shows can't even compare to it.

Dizknee_Phreek

Nikko4Idol said:
Hey, why not get Constantine to host it? ;) Love your Icon :) (Sorry to be off topic.)
:lol: I just saw this post! That's brilliant! But as much as I would LOVE to have Constantine host it, I don't think that'd be a good idea for me...I'd be spending all my time in my room (and probably licking the tv screen) instead of in the parks! I do wish they'd have a hot guy host it, but hopefully it would be someone less hot than Constantine, just so I'd be able to pull myself away from the screen ;)

CaptainMichael

dxwwf3 said:
Wow. That might be the only advantage of staying off site :)

I hope that they still have Zip A Dee Do Dah playing when you are there. The newer shows can't even compare to it.

That is officially gone. It is now a Spanish WDW tour with a highly attractive and energetic young lady hosting it.

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
That is officially gone. It is now a Spanish WDW tour with a highly attractive and energetic young lady hosting it.

No thanks :lol:

I'd rather watch the Japanese channel on the high end of the dial as to have to sit through Kryssa's show again.

Dizknee_Phreek

Just got back from the World this morning...I know I've bad-mouthed Kryssa since her debut, but after seeing the new host, I actually want Kryssa back. Stacy is boring and seems like she's doing the show just for a paycheck...whereas Kryssa actually seemed to really love Disney World. And as others have said, Stacy's voice will eventually bore a hole in your head if you watch too long. The Spanish version of the show isn't too bad, though, and the lady hosting it isn't nearly as annoying as Stacy!
Also, as others have pointed out, Kryssa is still around at the Magic Kingdom bus stops for the time being. I actually found myself glued to the tv while waiting for buses at MK...you can't not watch Kryssa...as annoying as she may be sometimes, she's fun, unlike Stacy. Too bad I didn't realize that before now.
Still, I think the best version of resort tv remains the "Zip-a-dee-do-dah" version...no "Top 7" can beat that! Well, unless of course, they get Constantine Maroulis to host, like Nikko4Idol suggested...but then I'd be watching for an entirely different reason ;)

DonaldDoleWhip

7. Cirque du Soleil La Nouba
6. Crush N Gusher
5. Magic Kingdom Mountain Range
4. Lights Motors Action! Extreme Stunt Show
3. Kilimanjaro Safaris
2. Mission: SPACE
1. Soarin'

Yes, Epcot got the top 2 attractions.

Stacey is not nearly as ugly as depicted by that picture. In fact, I wouldn't say that she is ugly. She isn't as bubbly as Kryssa, though, and some of her lines are pretty bad.

Does anyone think Expedition Everest will be #1 when it opens?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom