GMR & Fantasyland Rehabs??

I don't mean any harm but,

uh...pooh isn't classic.Did you know they just got rid of a classic and replaced it with pooh and that ride happened to be mr.toad.Pooh is a classic show but it is not a classic ride.Before you make a point calling people crazy think about the history of the ride.Some uni stuff is classic too, like twister!

Thanks
:wave:

With all do respect I love the pooh ride and so does the rest of the world (its always backed up) Its for little kids mr. toad was not. I was little when mr.toad closed so I dont remember it but its a classic and disney cant get rid of a classic. If they closed small world or peter pan :animwink: then the last day i would lock myself in there and refuse to get off.

Disney world in 11 days at Dolphin :sohappy:

goodtimes5286

im sorry but in this century, IaSW lacks creativity. A bunch of mini bobble heads singing while a boat goes past...fun fun!

The only thing that place is good for is a joke from cosmic ray using IaSW's songs as the brunt of the joke

SirGoofy

im sorry but in this century, IaSW lacks creativity. A bunch of mini bobble heads singing while a boat goes past...fun fun!

The only thing that place is good for is a joke from cosmic ray using IaSW's songs as the brunt of the joke

To you maybe. It's still a classic, and still gets good attendance numbers.

MUTZIE77

imo IaSW needs to go and something needs to happen with pooh and peter pan, they're too alike.quote]

How are Pooh and Peter Pan too alike, they are very different. Also, Peter Pan is waaaaaay better than Pooh. Why would they waste money on a ride that draws the longest lines in FL? Fantasyland is where I spend the most time at MK I usually visit all of the rides twice during a trip to the world.

What?

IaSW is a classic attraction. Even people who've never ridden it know that song.
The one thing that needs to happen in FL is a huge Peter Pan rehab. Peter Pan just needs to be updated. Snow White could use some tlc too.

scottnj1966

PLEASE fantasyland. I know there was something covering the front of "It's a Small World" two days ago, and there were also parts of main street covered.

imo IaSW needs to go and something needs to happen with pooh and peter pan, they're too alike. Fantasyland is one of the biggest areas of the park, and i think, one of the most poorly kept up. After the TL make over it's time to switch gears and make over FanL.

On a seperate note why did they add MTTF into tomorrowland and why not just make that part of FanL?

Small world needs to go? Its one of the most important rides for little kids.
Pooh and Peter Pan too alike? Huh?

What Disney needs to do is stop removing rides and adding more. They need to fill Fantasyland up, plenty of room from 20,000. Disneyland has twice the number of Fantansyland rides and they were built in the 50's

More rides will drop the long lines.

Dayma

I don't underatand why people think they would do anything with most of the classic dark rides except "clean them up". They attendance on them seem to be high which means people still ride and like them. People all have their own opinions about rides but the numbers are surely driving some rehabs.

Personally I do not like when they build roller coasters as I think there is no creativity to them, but I understand people like them. If I wanted coasters I would travel about 2 hours to my west and go to Cedar Point....

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Most of the people who want the classic fantasyland rides to go don't have kids. My daughter absolutely loves all the fantasyland rides.

It can stay as is, it just needs to be cleaned up and maybe rehab'd a bit to bring it up to snuff with DL.

jt04

I don't underatand why people think they would do anything with most of the classic dark rides except "clean them up". They attendance on them seem to be high which means people still ride and like them. People all have their own opinions about rides but the numbers are surely driving some rehabs.

Personally I do not like when they build roller coasters as I think there is no creativity to them, but I understand people like them. If I wanted coasters I would travel about 2 hours to my west and go to Cedar Point....

What I find ironic is that if WDI had just rolled out PPF as it is currently presented, people would accuse Disney of going cheap and just trying to sell Tinkerbell stuff. Same for SW and Pooh.

FL at WDW needs help but AK needs to add content that will allow it to stay open later much more.

goodtimes5286

Maybe I'm mixing up peter pan with snow white?? But I remember two of the attractions in FanL being really close to alike, not the characters and the story of course, but the medium in which the ride is delivered.

To you maybe. It's still a classic, and still gets good attendance numbers.
Really? Is there anywhere where we can see these numbers? I'd love to see a yearly total numbers count from every ride in MK, Epcot, DHS, n DAK (although dak is a little predictible). I would probably be shocked to see the figures in MK because when I went and ate in the cafe that looks over IaSW there was almost no one in it. I also think they could not only make a cooler attraction (with totally new technology like the monsters inc scare and go seak or WP honey hunt), gutting the inside and building a completly new attraction in that space. Doesn't IaSW cover a large area? And ontop of that the viewing glass in the connected resturant could view something more visually stimulating

whylightbulb

What I find ironic is that if WDI had just rolled out PPF as it is currently presented, people would accuse Disney of going cheap and just trying to sell Tinkerbell stuff. Same for SW and Pooh.
You are absolutely right. I for one would call PPF, in its current state, very cheap and not up to standards. This is one of the reasons Disneyland updated their Fantasyland in 1983. All of the WDW Fantasyland dark rides are cheap and out of date. The newest, Pooh, is in horrible shape and was built on the cheap.

There is no reason, other than poor management and financial planning, why WDW couldn't rehab all of these attractions to meet the standards of the upcoming Mermaid dark ride for example.

jt04

You are absolutely right. I for one would call PPF, in its current state, very cheap and not up to standards. This is one of the reasons Disneyland updated their Fantasyland in 1983. All of the WDW Fantasyland dark rides are cheap and out of date. The newest, Pooh, is in horrible shape and was built on the cheap.

There is no reason, other than poor management and financial planning, why WDW couldn't rehab all of these attractions to meet the standards of the upcoming Mermaid dark ride for example.

Yes, just compare those three attractions to the Nemo overlay at the Seas. It really is amazing what they are now capacle of in creating more immersive 3d environments. FL at WDW could be so much better.

SirGoofy

Really? Is there anywhere where we can see these numbers? I'd love to see a yearly total numbers count from every ride in MK, Epcot, DHS, n DAK (although dak is a little predictible). I would probably be shocked to see the figures in MK because when I went and ate in the cafe that looks over IaSW there was almost no one in it. I also think they could not only make a cooler attraction (with totally new technology like the monsters inc scare and go seak or WP honey hunt), gutting the inside and building a completly new attraction in that space. Doesn't IaSW cover a large area? And ontop of that the viewing glass in the connected resturant could view something more visually stimulating

IASW always seems empty, because the ride is a total people eater. Even on the busiest days, hwne it has a line, it's rarely a long wait because of the shear number of people the ride can handle.

As for Peter Pan's Flight, something needs to be done. The ride is honestly embarrassing in its current state.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom