GMR & Fantasyland Rehabs??

jt04

IASW always seems empty, because the ride is a total people eater. Even on the busiest days, hwne it has a line, it's rarely a long wait because of the shear number of people the ride can handle.

As for Peter Pan's Flight, something needs to be done. The ride is honestly embarrassing in its current state.

I favor an E-Ticket version in a brand new ride building.

magicmaya

With all do respect I love the pooh ride and so does the rest of the world (its always backed up) Its for little kids mr. toad was not. I was little when mr.toad closed so I dont remember it but its a classic and disney cant get rid of a classic. If they closed small world or peter pan :animwink: then the last day i would lock myself in there and refuse to get off.

Disney world in 11 days at Dolphin :sohappy:
true!

Jasonflz

Maybe I'm mixing up peter pan with snow white?? But I remember two of the attractions in FanL being really close to alike, not the characters and the story of course, but the medium in which the ride is delivered.

Really? Is there anywhere where we can see these numbers? I'd love to see a yearly total numbers count from every ride in MK, Epcot, DHS, n DAK (although dak is a little predictible). I would probably be shocked to see the figures in MK because when I went and ate in the cafe that looks over IaSW there was almost no one in it. I also think they could not only make a cooler attraction (with totally new technology like the monsters inc scare and go seak or WP honey hunt), gutting the inside and building a completly new attraction in that space. Doesn't IaSW cover a large area? And ontop of that the viewing glass in the connected resturant could view something more visually stimulating

What happened to your nostalgia? IASW is a CLASSIC and nothing can change that.........

Except adding Disney characters to it.

imagineer boy

One thing that shocked me about Winnie the Pooh when I first went on it a while ago was that the cieling infastructure and AC vents were clearly visible above during all the ride. Very bad show.

Dayma

What I find ironic is that if WDI had just rolled out PPF as it is currently presented, people would accuse Disney of going cheap and just trying to sell Tinkerbell stuff. Same for SW and Pooh.

FL at WDW needs help but AK needs to add content that will allow it to stay open later much more.

I agree that people would complain about it, but they must have done something right. It's slammed everytime....

jt04

I agree that people would complain about it, but they must have done something right. It's slammed everytime....

I think it is a case of too many guests, not enough attractions. It will only be worse during the summer with SM/TTA closed. Of course they saw the need to modernize at DL so I think they will do the same at WDW..................eventually.

Besides guests deserve better than two dimensional cardboard cutout characters. They get enough of that looking at politicians. :lol:

SirGoofy

I think it is a case of too many guests, not enough attractions. It will only be worse during the summer with SM/TTA closed. Of course they saw the need to modernize at DL so I think they will do the same at WDW..................eventually.

Besides guests deserve better than two dimensional cardboard cutout characters. They get enough of that looking at politicians. :lol:

Ugh...MK is gonna be a mad house this summer. I can only hope the chaos that it will be without Space will show them that they NEED a new E-ticket.

aladdin2007

One thing that shocked me about Winnie the Pooh when I first went on it a while ago was that the cieling infastructure and AC vents were clearly visible above during all the ride. Very bad show.

Yeah this seems to be the theme now in recent and new attractions :brick:, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, and theres another bad spot with that but it escapes me right now.

hrcollectibles

PLEASE fantasyland. I know there was something covering the front of "It's a Small World" two days ago, and there were also parts of main street covered.

imo IaSW needs to go and something needs to happen with pooh and peter pan, they're too alike. Fantasyland is one of the biggest areas of the park, and i think, one of the most poorly kept up. After the TL make over it's time to switch gears and make over FanL.

On a seperate note why did they add MTTF into tomorrowland and why not just make that part of FanL?

And how are they alike.. One is a flying Pirate ship the other is a Honey pot (i think) .. And I thought Mickey's toon Town fair was its own area not really part of tomorrow Lnad

hrcollectibles

Maybe I'm mixing up peter pan with snow white?? But I remember two of the attractions in FanL being really close to alike, not the characters and the story of course, but the medium in which the ride is delivered.

Really? Is there anywhere where we can see these numbers? I'd love to see a yearly total numbers count from every ride in MK, Epcot, DHS, n DAK (although dak is a little predictible). I would probably be shocked to see the figures in MK because when I went and ate in the cafe that looks over IaSW there was almost no one in it. I also think they could not only make a cooler attraction (with totally new technology like the monsters inc scare and go seak or WP honey hunt), gutting the inside and building a completly new attraction in that space. Doesn't IaSW cover a large area? And ontop of that the viewing glass in the connected resturant could view something more visually stimulating

The reason that Peter Pan, Snow White and The Pooh ride seem simialr is because they are dark rides.

AEfx

As for Peter Pan's Flight, something needs to be done. The ride is honestly embarrassing in its current state.

It's going to be a long time before anything is done with Peter Pan other than spit/shine. If they make any major changes they will have to bring the ride into true ADA compliance, which it currently is not.

It's the same "grandfathering" reason the TTA is still not handicapped accessible. Thankfully, these are really the only rides at WDW that remain off-limits to those with mobility issues, but I really hope someday they can both be brought into accessability for everyone, rehab or not.

jt04

It's going to be a long time before anything is done with Peter Pan other than spit/shine. If they make any major changes they will have to bring the ride into true ADA compliance, which it currently is not.

It's the same "grandfathering" reason the TTA is still not handicapped accessible. Thankfully, these are really the only rides at WDW that remain off-limits to those with mobility issues, but I really hope someday they can both be brought into accessability for everyone, rehab or not.

Really? Manta and the new coaster at Uni don't exactly seem ADA compliant to me. :shrug:

AEfx

Really? Manta and the new coaster at Uni don't exactly seem ADA compliant to me. :shrug:

Neither of those rides is at WDW, so I'm not sure what you are asking.

Most new rides, even coasters, are designed with alternate loading procedures for those with mobility issues. But again, as I wasn't talking about nor have I experienced either of those rides, I can't comment specifically on their ADA compliance.

As I said above, at WDW, there are really only two rides that are off-limits to those with mobility disabilities. These are Peter Pan and TTA. Both are because their ride systems are not meant to be safely stopped and restarted while passengers are aboard. They *can* be stopped in an emergency, but they were not designed to be stopped fully so those with disabilities may board (unlike, say, other rides that use moving walkways, like HM, SSE, etc.).

Peter Pan can be done if a) the person can walk a few steps or b) if the person can be carried by an able-bodied person. TTA is totally off limits to those in wheelchairs unless you can walk/stand up the escalator, get accross the moving platform, and seat yourself. I know Pan can get into creep mode, never experienced it on TTA but I am sure they have one as well, but because of the ride systems themselves they are not meant to be "safely" started and stopped with people aboard. I don't know if it's still true, but I know for a fact at one point if they had to stop Peter Pan that everyone needed to be manually evacuated (via Reedy Creek Fire Dept.) before the ride could be restarted.

So, if they ever did any major work on either of these rides, they would have to pretty much redesign the ride systems themselves to be in true ADA-compliance. That's why you aren't likely to see any major changes to these rides.

jt04

Neither of those rides is at WDW, so I'm not sure what you are asking.

Most new rides, even coasters, are designed with alternate loading procedures for those with mobility issues. But again, as I wasn't talking about nor have I experienced either of those rides, I can't comment specifically on their ADA compliance.

As I said above, at WDW, there are really only two rides that are off-limits to those with mobility disabilities. These are Peter Pan and TTA. Both are because their ride systems are not meant to be safely stopped and restarted while passengers are aboard. They *can* be stopped in an emergency, but they were not designed to be stopped fully so those with disabilities may board (unlike, say, other rides that use moving walkways, like HM, SSE, etc.).

Peter Pan can be done if a) the person can walk a few steps or b) if the person can be carried by an able-bodied person. TTA is totally off limits to those in wheelchairs unless you can walk/stand up the escalator, get accross the moving platform, and seat yourself. I know Pan can get into creep mode, never experienced it on TTA but I am sure they have one as well, but because of the ride systems themselves they are not meant to be "safely" started and stopped with people aboard. I don't know if it's still true, but I know for a fact at one point if they had to stop Peter Pan that everyone needed to be manually evacuated (via Reedy Creek Fire Dept.) before the ride could be restarted.

So, if they ever did any major work on either of these rides, they would have to pretty much redesign the ride systems themselves to be in true ADA-compliance. That's why you aren't likely to see any major changes to these rides.

Any ADA compliance law does not just apply to Disney. Manta and the new coaster at Uni and nearly all new coasters are not ADA compliant obviously. The simple answer is theme park rides are excempt from the law. Disney does everthing they can, to their credit, to make their attractions accessible but they are not required to. When space mountain reopens, it will not have vehicles that can transport wheelchairs as one example.

On topic, if they redo PPF, I'd rather see them build a new ride building and create an E ticket version. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom