Glee in Disney?

MansionGoer13z

I haven't watched the Disney Channel for years, but apparently the new craze is "Lemonade Mouth". I mean seriously? I first noticed it from iTunes and thought what the heck is that? I bet that will be the next stage show at DHS... :hurl:

Shhh don't say things like that they'll hear you. :lol:

In my opinion, theDisney Channel has become unwatchable for anyone the last 15 years or so. In fact the sad thing is there is nothing Disney about it anymore. It's just a label to appear cool to teens and preteens now.

mrg1106

In the Parks
No
I was talking with a friend the other day and we were talking about how cool it would be if Disney could get Fox to let them do something Glee themed in the park, like a stage show or replace Disney Channel Rocks with something Glee related.

We also were talking about how cool it would be if next season, Nationals could be in Walt Disney World, then Glee could have a special Disney Themed episode and then film an episode or two in WDW, and maybe they could even do a special concert in WDW........

Just a thought :king:

No Glee. If theyre willing to have Lea Michele in it, than Im down, other than that tho and no.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That is the main theme but it explores teen ______, teen pregnancy, drug abuse, homosexuality themes, and teenage drinking.

Sounds like an early Aerosmith concert to me. Doesn't seem to have hurt Disney too much, their being all over one of the more popular attractions.....

MickeyPeace

Flavious27,

If you want me to explore the already existing "homosexuality themes" within Disney I will.

PS When you profess your love for Disney to your friends, I'm sure they don't consider you the archetype of heterosexuality. Best save your judgements :)

flavious27

Flavious27,

If you want me to explore the already existing "homosexuality themes" within Disney I will.

PS When you profess your love for Disney to your friends, I'm sure they don't consider you the archetype of heterosexuality. Best save your judgements :)

The closest disney gets is that gay days are held at wdw, though disney doesn't have any real control over that. Anything else is just what is contrived by bloggers either on the right or not able to legally drink or both.

MickeyPeace

The closest disney gets is that gay days are held at wdw, though disney doesn't have any real control over that. Anything else is just what is contrived by bloggers either on the right or not able to legally drink or both.

Disney doesn't have control of their parks? Of course they do! They want Gay Days there or it wouldn't be there.

I could write a dissertation on gay themes in the park. Bloggers didn't contrive it. Gay (and straight) Disney employees created it. The next time you sing songs from The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid know that a gay man wrote those songs. (Elton John, Howard Ashman along with Alan Menken). A gay man created or approved many of the shows that are on the Disney Channel. Rich Ross discovered the Jonas Brothers and is now chairman of Walt Disney Studios. Mr Ross is openly gay. The list is way to long to mention here but if you want I will continue to enlighten you.

flavious27

Disney doesn't have control of their parks? Of course they do! They want Gay Days there or it wouldn't be there.

I could write a dissertation on gay themes in the park. Bloggers didn't contrive it. Gay (and straight) Disney employees created it. The next time you sing songs from The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid know that a gay man wrote those songs. (Elton John, Howard Ashman along with Alan Menken). A gay man created or approved many of the shows that are on the Disney Channel. Rich Ross discovered the Jonas Brothers and is now chairman of Walt Disney Studios. Mr Ross is openly gay. The list is way to long to mention here but if you want I will continue to enlighten you.

Disney can't ban gay days, they also would not be able to remove any of the guests that participate in gay days; disney is not going to hunt and remove guests.

Just because an artist is gay, does not make their art gay. Do you know how disrespectfully backwards you sound?

MickeyPeace

Disney can't ban gay days, they also would not be able to remove any of the guests that participate in gay days; disney is not going to hunt and remove guests.

Just because an artist is gay, does not make their art gay. Do you know how disrespectfully backwards you sound?

Disney can do whatever they want. Its their park. They won't remove anyone on Gay Days because they VALUE them.

As for you comment about being disrespectfully backwards- Making a comment like something shouldn't be allowed in the park because of "homosexual theme" is disrespectfully backwards.

And thank you for sticking up for gays by saying that because an artist is gay doesn't make their art gay. We are people, just like you. We all have a place in the parks. You have just brought your own argument 180 toward acceptance.

I guess you won't mind then that Chris Coffer, the extremely fem gay guy from Glee, just wrote a show that will be airing on Disney Channel?
Good for you Flavious27! :sohappy:

_Scar

YES TO GLEE.

One of the most refreshing shows that aim to all ages and seem to have the effect of promoting quality music and just music in general. I think people only hate this show because others hate it. If you watch it, you will see why people love it.

But ... seriously? In the parks? I think Glee belongs on the TV, not in the parks. Not HSM treatment, that would just ruin it.

And seriously? I haven't read the whole thread but does Glee automatically associate with gay because one of the main characters is gay? In almost every TV show I can think of nowadays has at least one gay recurring character. Get over it and don't not like a show because of it.

flavious27

Disney can do whatever they want. Its their park. They won't remove anyone on Gay Days because they VALUE them.

As for you comment about being disrespectfully backwards- Making a comment like something shouldn't be allowed in the park because of "homosexual theme" is disrespectfully backwards.

And thank you for sticking up for gays by saying that because an artist is gay doesn't make their art gay. We are people, just like you. We all have a place in the parks. You have just brought your own argument 180 toward acceptance.

I guess you won't mind then that Chris Coffer, the extremely fem gay guy from Glee, just wrote a show that will be airing on Disney Channel?
Good for you Flavious27! :sohappy:

True it is their park, but they do not have any control over gay days because it is organized by a group independent of disney. Disney won't remove anyone on gay days because there is not a reason for them to, unless their actions force disney security and management to get involved.

My comment included many of the issues that have been brought up in Glee that are counter to how people perceive of disney. These issues will be used against disney as a rallying point. Disney would run into the same problems if they had greek and secret life represented in the parks.

For me, I do not care about the attributes of an artist. I mostly care about what they produce and if I am entertained by it.

flavious27

YES TO GLEE.

One of the most refreshing shows that aim to all ages and seem to have the effect of promoting quality music and just music in general. I think people only hate this show because others hate it. If you watch it, you will see why people love it.

But ... seriously? In the parks? I think Glee belongs on the TV, not in the parks. Not HSM treatment, that would just ruin it.

And seriously? I haven't read the whole thread but does Glee automatically associate with gay because one of the main characters is gay? In almost every TV show I can think of nowadays has at least one gay recurring character. Get over it and don't not like a show because of it.

It is one of the themes of the show, it is not the main theme. Also there is more than one main character that is gay or bi, not that it matters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom