GIANT Photo Post - Noodle Station, 20K, Gold Ears Return, Ryland's Birthday, & more!

I'm no photography uber genius like photodave. But I do know if your camera doesn't have a night/fireworks mode. You can put it in manual mode, set your Fstop to F8.0 ish, and set your shutter speed for about 5-10 seconds. Use a tripod and either use a remote or the timer function so you don't bumpt the camera. I took some fireworks photos this year and they turned out really well! Hope this helps some of you photo nuts out there! Also, if you go to Best Buy or some other places, you can get a mini tripod like I have. The legs extend to about 12" tall. So if you can find a magical trashcan to place it on, you can get some great shots. And it's small enough that it can collapse and put in your pocket. But be careful for people to ask...."is that a mini collapsible tripod in your pocket or are just happy to see me?" OI! :p

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
happy birthday ryland, i wish i could get a hat on my bday....... but i just dont know if i could stand the crowds; january 1. maybe one year.

santa in MK, wow, talk about christmas in july. whats up with the scooter, i guess it is his sleigh on wheels.

noodles = carbs and carbs = tons of energy :sohappy:

thanks for the update

nibblesandbits

Those photos are awesome of the fireworks and of the castle lit up all red, white, and blue! They are absolutely beautiful. Wonderful update! (Oh yeah, Happy Birthday Ryland! :p )

AndyP

jmaxwell007 said:
happy birthday ryland, i wish i could get a hat on my bday....... but i just dont know if i could stand the crowds; january 1. maybe one year.

santa in MK, wow, talk about christmas in july. whats up with the scooter, i guess it is his sleigh on wheels.

Maybe he came to inspect the Osbourne lights !

2gether

Awesome!!!!!

I think this might be my first post on this board (I usually post on another board), but had to say that you guys are amazing. Letting us look in on your trips brings all of us that are far away and can't get to the World as often as we'd like a respite from the "real" world. YOU ARE AWESOME! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:wave:

CaptainMichael

I was drinking a bottle of Tropicana Apple Juice today and was reading the label. It turns out that it was made in Bradenton, FL. I thought of Ryland and Corinne when I saw that.

thimblekisses

STR8FAN2005 said:
I was drinking a bottle of Tropicana Apple Juice today and was reading the label. It turns out that it was made in Bradenton, FL. I thought of Ryland and Corinne when I saw that.

Brilliant! Most people never notice that or make the connection. Yes indeedy do, we have the Tropicana plant here. Some nights the whole city smells like oranges. In fact more than just some nights. Sometimes when people ask where we're from and they don't really have any point of reference we just tell them we come from the same place as Tropicana Orange Juice.
Yummy!

Figment1986

thimblekisses said:
Brilliant! Most people never notice that or make the connection. Yes indeedy do, we have the Tropicana plant here. Some nights the whole city smells like oranges. In fact more than just some nights. Sometimes when people ask where we're from and they don't really have any point of reference we just tell them we come from the same place as Tropicana Orange Juice.
Yummy!

at least the tropicana aint named after the city... I live in a city where butter does not come from.. but people think it does.. thought 2 cities away is where water comes from.....

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thimblekisses said:
Yummy!
well, i guess that is better than the whole city smelling like smog........ it could be worse, my old college art teacher was from lenchburg, TN and one year, many many years ago, one of the wharehouses burned and the whole city was filled with whiskey fumes.......... that had to be a weird experience.

coffee fumes roll down industrial park where i work........ yep, pun intended, it is Maxwell House.

Atta83

Man if I known you guys were going to be at the parks those days I would of kept an eye out for ya. Hope ya had a great birthday!

awallaceunc

Thanks so much for a great update! Can't wait to get down to WDW for DL's 50th! I'll keep an eye open for you guys too. :)

Oh, and happy belated birthday, Ryland (cool name, btw).

-Aaron

maxime29

Premium Member
Another great update! Happy birthday to Ryland also.

What are the chances you guys will be around the parks after Christmas time? I'm heading down on Dec. 26th for a week and I would enjoy just to say hey to the both of you. I figure you would stay away from the parks due to the large crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom