Getting rid of Mickeys Toon Town Fair!

Figment632

Original Poster
I really am quite tiered of Toon Town and would like to see the land go to a better use. I would like to see either TL of FL or both be expanded!

Do you like toon town or would you like to see something replace it? If so what would you out on it's place?

SirGoofy

I really am quite tiered of Toon Town and would like to see the land go to a better use. I would like to see either TL of FL or both be expanded!

Do you like toon town or would you like to see something replace it? If so what would you out on it's place?

I'd like us to get an actual Toontown like Disneyland has, but of course that'll never happen.

mpaul32001

I kind of agree with you. Our toontown is getting old. It's so tiny! It's the only section of the park I don't visit anymore. With all of that space behind MK, we could easily expand it. That is if Mermaid doesn't pull through.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ahhh.... the temporary Mickeys Birthdayland.

Don`t worry about Mermaid. The rest of the land north of the 20k plot and east of Toontown will only be used when the MK has run out of space. Big civil engineering will be needed.

kcw

I agree with SirGoofy- toontown works wonderfully in Disneyland, and it's just a flop at WDW. It would be amazing to see them completely overhaul it to make it like DL's

coltow

Most kids love the fact that they can see Mickey & Minnie's houses. It's also the best place to meet some characters at the MK, seeing as it's inside. I too would like to see more things done to it to make it more like DL, but I don't think they really have the space to do that.

I will say this, being a mother of 2 boys we were disappointed in the characters in TT this December. Every time we went over to see who was there it was Princesses and Fairies, no one else. I've been there more times than I can count and have been able to meet so many other characters like Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pooh & Friends and Peter Pan. DS is at that "boy" age where princesses/fairies are for girls. So we just met Mickey and Minnie at TT on that trip. I wish that for every girl thing WDW adds that they would also add a boy thing. I guess they make more money from little girls then boys though.

joanna71985

I will say this, being a mother of 2 boys we were disappointed in the characters in TT this December. Every time we went over to see who was there it was Princesses and Fairies, no one else. I've been there more times than I can count and have been able to meet so many other characters like Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pooh & Friends and Peter Pan. DS is at that "boy" age where princesses/fairies are for girls. So we just met Mickey and Minnie at TT on that trip. I wish that for every girl thing WDW adds that they would also add a boy thing. I guess they make more money from little girls then boys though.

That's all the characters currently in Toontown (with the exception of Mickey and Minnie, in the Judge's Tent). The other characters were moved out when Pixie Hollow was added. Goofy and Donald were moved to Frontierland, Pluto was moved to Town Square, Daisy is usually in Town Square, Pooh and Tigger are by Pooh's Playgroun, and Peter Pan is by the PotC ride.

wdwmemories

Strange as it sounds I think it is a good idea to have someplace (whether it is ToonTown or elsewhere) where you are 100% guaranteed to see Mickey Mouse!

I was talking with a kid vising WDW from out of town the other day - he was disappointed that he didn't get to see Mickey. I've hears this is a common complaint, which is why the idea behind the characters at ToonTown is a good idea.

Enjoy!

Timon

WDW's Toontown is just a leftover from Mickey's Birthdayland it is indeed sad looking. Disneyland & Tokyo Disneyland's Towntown are true themed lands both even have a dark ride. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin an awesome little dark ride.

The Florida Toontown should be completely replaced but I thought by a different cartoon town. "Duckberg" is a fictious town from the Donald Duck Comics and while it could have a lot of similar elements the theming could be for a different cartoon town. Scrooge McDuck's Money Bin would make a great centerpiece possibly a wild dark ride. This would be unique to Florida!

gus ghost

I like mickey and minnie's homes in Toon Town, but I really wish that the whole "fair" theme would go away. Disneyland's Toon Town is way better, with the city look, and all of the little interactive things are awesome. Disney should put a city facade over those tents- they bug me! lol plus, a Toon Town dark ride would be really cool!:wave:

Auroragirl

:wave:Definetly make it better. I enjoy walking through there with my kids. And my hubby enjoys it too. But I agree with many here to "add" to it... make it better.

alicia21

I really enjoyed this. where can I find more info about this. email me..

It's really odd. Everytime I am in the Toon Town section, it's always the hottest time of the park.

On a side note about meeting Mickey. We found the easiest way to meet him is at the Animation Studios part at Hollywood Studios. We walked out the short presentation and were shocked to find we were one of the few families in there, that got to meet Mickey in his Sorceror's gear.

mbtohill

Sounds like I may be in the minority, but I (and more importantly my kids) love Mickey's Toontown...it's our first stop on every trip to MK...hop on the train...get off at Toontown....my girls (now 8 and 6) get their faces painted, so does my wife, and we ride Goofy's rollercoaster 5 or 6 times in a row......they still get a kick out of the houses and now with Pixie Hollow, they can't wait to go again in May...

hwdelien

First, let me say, my little ones love Toon Town. Having said that, I can't stand it. I agree that it seems like a huge waste of space. I like the rollercoaster, but that's about it. It's nice to have the spot to be able to see the characters, but that's about it.

Everyone keeps saying that DL's Toon Town is better, so since I have never been to DL, what's the difference?

Figment632

Original Poster
First, let me say, my little ones love Toon Town. Having said that, I can't stand it. I agree that it seems like a huge waste of space. I like the rollercoaster, but that's about it. It's nice to have the spot to be able to see the characters, but that's about it.

Everyone keeps saying that DL's Toon Town is better, so since I have never been to DL, what's the difference?

Its themed much better no fare theme, there is a Roger Rabitt ride and I belive it is bigger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom