Getting in without an ADR?

GoofyDan

Original Poster
We were really pleased with the ADRs we landed for our upcoming trip, with one notable exception.

We would like to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace the night we're going to be in MK for MNSSHP, but when I called to change our ADR for that night, The Plaza was all that was available.

Is it at all possible to get into a sit-down restaurant during free dining days without an ADR? If it's not, I won't waste my time. Does anybody have any advice? I was thinking about calling the restaurant(s) the day before, or even the day of, and checking -- or maybe even calling the ADR number again?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Is it at all possible to get into a sit-down restaurant during free dining days without an ADR?

You've probably got more chance of winning the lottery !!!!!!

However, keep ringing the Reservations Line before you depart (people do cancel) and, on the day try turning up at the restaurant in case they've had a no show

Rob562

You also have to realize that you're trying to make ADRs at two of the more popular restaurants in WDW, on a day where many people are doing (or apparently they did) the exact same thing: making an ADR for the cross-over into a hard-ticket party at the MK.

-Rob

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Call them as much as you can. The only way I have ever gotten an ADR at one of the harder restaurants is with persistence. If you don't get an ADR, I wouldn't waste your time trying to do a walk up. :shrug:

dixiegirl

You also have to realize that you're trying to make ADRs at two of the more popular restaurants in WDW, on a day where many people are doing (or apparently they did) the exact same thing: making an ADR for the cross-over into a hard-ticket party at the MK.

-Rob

And on the nite of MNSSHP!!! When I called at the 90 day mark for Liberty all they had on the nite of MNSSHP was a 4:00 on 9/16 and yes I took it!! But keep trying all they can say "no, nothing ".....

RebeccaMA

You could keep trying. I couldn't get reservations for Crystal Palace the first time I tried, but I called back and got them. The other thing you could do would be to eat lunch at CP instead. There might be more availability for breakfast or lunch than for dinner. I have 2 lunch reservations for CP on our trip. I didn't even try for dinner.

When is your trip?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I agree with others to keep trying.

One more thing, on that day, visit guest services and ask them to check. Works better in Epcot, but if you get there first thing they often do have a few of each.

GoofyDan

Original Poster
Thanks, everybody, for the advice and suggestions. We're flying in on Sept. 4 and we're going to MSSHP on the 12th. It's our first trip to the World, so we're pretty green about all this ADR stuff.

I figgered we'd be pressing our luck, but I think I'll probably try the reservations line a couple of more times before we go -- and maybe in the airport on the layover. The Guest Services idea is a good one, too. I guess there's no harm in asking -- and asking, and asking. and asking...

I'll post back and update on my success (or lack thereof).

MouseearsDeb

And on the nite of MNSSHP!!! When I called at the 90 day mark for Liberty all they had on the nite of MNSSHP was a 4:00 on 9/16 and yes I took it!! But keep trying all they can say "no, nothing ".....
We had this time in 2006 and it was perfect. The characters were dressed out in Halloween costumes already and there were not very many people in the resteraunt yet. Plus, it worked out great when we were finished we didn't have long to wait before getting our MNSSHP gear and we didn't miss any of the festivities by going early.

weluvtink

On our last trip Town Hall said everything was booked for MK, except really late dining. We did not make ADR's like usual. So, while we were walking around I called the dining number and they were able to take our party of 8 at Liberty Tree. They told us to show up like 45 mins later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom