Get excited gift bag

PrincessBitty

We are fast approaching the 30 day mark to our Thanksgiving family trip (6 families / 20 people - most of whom haven't been to WDW at all or not in the last 20 yrs). We are hosting a shindig at out house as a "kickoff countdown party" and I want to put together a gift bag for each family of things to get them excited for the trip. We brought home lots of maps from our August trip so I was thinking of including 1 set of maps, a fun countdown calendar, candy, but what else??? Looking for any suggestions y'all might have. They've already been given some Birnbaums & Disney planning DVDs to look at. Also looking for ideas for goody bags for them to take on the plane (treats, disposable cameras, travel games, color wonder kits). The kids in the group are 9, 9, 7, 6, 5, & 2. Thanks a bunch!!!:wave:

DisneyGigi

Glow bracelets/necklaces for the night parades/shows. You can pick them up at your local Dollar store cheap and if you are near a Michael's craft store they have a tube of 10 (or so) for a dollar right now.

Upvote 0

marcriss

You could make/buy scrapbook/autograph books for each. Leave spots open for pics with the characters and spots for the autograph. You can even leave pages open for them to write journal entries for each day or draw pictures of their favorite attractions. Add some Disney stickers to get them started. It could be a fun activity for them to start on the plane. Once you're there, there are tons of extras they can get to make them really special. This way they can look back on what a fun time they had!

Upvote 0

macsmom

I went to the local dollar store here and bought several things for a kid's "Mickey birthday". I got coloring books, crayons (ones with Mickey's picture, but they also had princesses and Pooh), bubbles (her Mom is not happy with me), puzzles and a few other things. You can get a bundle for about $20.

danna

Upvote 0

Glasgow

How about a sheet with a listing of all of the attractions with a check box by each one. Allow everyone to check off, lets say, their top 10 favorites, and then total them all up (ie. highest total is most popular) ... instant attraction to-do list by majority!

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

Like others have stated, check local dollar stores and what not for disney things to keep the kids occupied for the plane ride down. Maybe make some dvd's for the kids to watch if your bringing personal dvd players to occupy the kids on the way down. You can also put together some cheap autograph books, get some note book binders and decorate them with Disney scrapbook stickers and give each one a sharpie marker. The markers are easier for the characters to use to sign.

Upvote 0

PrincessBitty

Original Poster
thanks for such awesome ideas - I thought it would be a neat thing to do (I'm a crafter) but was having trouble with the details. I think maybe even a before / after questionaire that we can do with the kids (what ride do you look forward to the most / which was your favorite that you rode). Also may do a video diary of the trip to include with scrapbooks for the parents / grandparents.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

how about

Well how about autograph books and pens...I don't think I saw anyone mention them but just a thought. I know they can be a bit pricey but the new disney store online might have some on clearance and such...And I say pricey because with so many children going, you'll hit close to the $60 range! LOL :wave:

Upvote 0
I think it's a great idea.. I did the same thing. You can go to www.themouseforless.com website and look under downloads. (on the left side toward the bottom)Then click on JUST FOR FUN and FOR KIDS. They have the neatest things for kids to do puzzles, journals down to their own luggage tags. My kids are 21 and 15 so this is bringing back memories.....Good luck and have a great trip!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

wdsmile

Check out The Event Box

The first time we took our granddaughter, I came up with a corrugated gift box that had hinged openings and she was able to open one hidden compartment every Sunday for several weeks. Each compartment held items related to Disney - the excitement and anticipation nearly did her in. That was 8 years ago. So many people asked about it, I have since worked with a design engineer and come up with a 5 day and 7 day Event Box (see "theeventbox.com"). Decorating them is loads of fun - and everyone, young or old, seems to enjoy their Event Box. We also are headed to Disney this Thanksgiving. This time with our 3 year old granddaughter - Her First Trip to Disney! And yes she'll have an Event Box to countdown the days before departure.:wave:

Upvote 0

marcriss

I think it's a great idea.. I did the same thing. You can go to www.themouseforless.com website and look under downloads. (on the left side toward the bottom)Then click on JUST FOR FUN and FOR KIDS. They have the neatest things for kids to do puzzles, journals down to their own luggage tags. My kids are 21 and 15 so this is bringing back memories.....Good luck and have a great trip!!!!!!!

These were great! I'm going to download some for our December trip. Thanks!

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

How about Disney luggage tags for the adults bag?

I did this at my "Countdown party"! You can buy self laminating luggage tags at the dollar store. Or if you have a laminator at home you can buy the luggage tag kits for it. I bought lots of Disney stickers from the the dollar stores and Walmart and then gave the kids some markers... they went nuts! After they decorated them, we put the addresses on and then laminated them... and voila... luggage tags! It was a lot of fun and the adults did one too!

For the gift bags... someone already mentioned glow sticks/bracelets etc., travel sunscreen, if you can find some cheap Disney pins, notebooks and pencils/colored pencils, a Sharpie marker for autographs, and stickers are always fun (they can use these later to decorate their autograph books).

Upvote 0

disneynut4u

We've done this before, and plan on doing it again when we go back in May. I buy up small notebooks (journal size) and decorate the covers with various disney characters (Each child gets their own favorite character). Then on the inside cover or first page, I write a few details about the trip - the date, hotel, flight, etc. Then, say on the date of the flight out, I wrote in each journal, their reaction, comments, etc. If they could write, I let them write their own comments. I dated each day and wrote about everything (something to do in lines!) from how they liked the rides, shows, food, etc. They also got autographs in this book. It was fun to do this because not only will they see how they reacted when they get older, but parents can think back on when their kids were fun!!! (believed in the magic - not like my 16 y/o)

I put this into a duffle bag with snacks, games, books, camera, ipod/MP3, video game, etc. Anything to keep them occupied while on the flight, drive, or in line!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom