George K to Replace Meg Crofton as WDW head in early 2013

juniorthomas

You do know it is based on a book by another great children's writer Roald Dahl, and unlike a certain Tolkien selling the rights to everything bar the books, it still has to go through the authors estate for approval - hence the reason why there is an attraction in Alton Towers based on the franchise.

I am indeed well aware. Also, probably not a great idea to have a children's entertainment property based on the mind of Roald Dahl, who had the capacity for incredibly dark (but fascinating) storytelling.

juniorthomas

Not true at all. Quality wins out over IP all the time. And the HP series will become classics just like Cinderella and Lion King and Toy Story.

And PLEASE, let's try and keep this thread somewhat OT. There are approximately 743 others where we can fight the UNI vs Disney, Potter vs. Star Wars battles. And I don't have much interest in them anyway. They're about as tired as soda thievary and lifetime refillable mugs at WDW resorts!

Sorry for the slight deviation, though I don't see how which properties are included/excluded from the resorts are unrelated to the head of WDP&R.

SirLink

I am indeed well aware. Also, probably not a great idea to have a children's entertainment property based on the mind of Roald Dahl, who had the capacity for incredibly dark (but fascinating) storytelling.

Funnily enough the Disney and Roald Dahl had a collaborative partnership with The Gremlin book, funnily the first children's book Dahl wrote...

Disneyhead'71

Most people don't understand that Charley and the Chocolate Factory is based on Dante's Inferno. With Charlie being Virgil, and Wonka, at one point takes on the guise of Charon the Ferryman, and the Chocolate River being The River Acheron.
“Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a blowin’? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes!”
The whole story is about evil adults and their Vermicious Knids. Oops, I meant vicious kids. Violent Beauregarde and Varuc Assault are just examples. And at the end when Charlie gives the Everlasting Gobstopper back, he is stunned that ANY of the guests has any morals at all.

It really is a very dark story.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm standing in AK as this just hit the news wire. Also, Michael Colglazier will be moving from head of AK to president of DLR. Lets hope this is the big, spirited change coming.

Where was this reported? I searched Google news and turned up nothing so far.

DocMcHulk

@figgy999: Tom Wolber from DCL to head Downtown Disney and Disney Sports. Josh D'Amaro from ABD to be VP of Disney's Animal Kingdom”

@figgy999: Claire Bilby named SVP of Sales and Marketing Disneyland Paris and Europe. Ken Potrock from DTD and Disney Sports to head DVC and ABD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom