*GASP* Wifey is tired if Disney!

Epcot4ME

Original Poster
*GASP* Wifey is tired of Disney!

I've been going since 1976...last year we went 5 times, including our tenth anniversary with 4 days at the Contemporary....now she says "no more Disney for a couple of years, I'm tired of going.."

What is a hard core fan to do? I told her I'd just take our daughter and go but she says that'll make her look bad!

I have a stressfull job and use Disney as my release.

Anyone else have this problem? I was forced to let my Annual pass expire...

KUNZEWORLD

I love disney and have no plans on going on vacation anywhere else but i think i would be ready for something else if i went that often

rosebud's mom

I have the same problem with my husband. He says we "just doesn't get it" and thinks that 2 or 3 times max for our daughter should be enough. I wonder.......
has anyone ever gotten divorced over "Disney Incompatability"? :rolleyes: :brick: :lol: :veryconfu

GoofyFan1

rosebud's mom said:
I have the same problem with my husband. He says we "just doesn't get it" and thinks that 2 or 3 times max for our daughter should be enough. I wonder.......
has anyone ever gotten divorced over "Disney Incompatability"? :rolleyes: :brick: :lol: :veryconfu

Maybe it's just temporary insanity. :lol:

AEfx

Sounds like your wife needs to sacrifice something - either deal with "looking bad" while you and your daughter experience the magic, or go and "force" herself to have fun.

If you and your daughter enjoy it, she needs to choose one or the other. :)

AEfx

Legacy

Or you could spend five days at Universal and the Busch parks. You get a release, and she gets some variety.

Pigtails

Ah, I sympathize. I have the problem with my husband that he's not really interested in Disney at all. Luckily, we live near the parks, so I have an AP, and he does not, so I end up going alone alot. I really want him to be able to go with me sometimes, but he doesn't want to spend the money. :(

crazygirley

:( My boyfriend isn't a Disney fan either... sometimes, when I get excited about something and tell him about it and get the usual blank stare back, I wonder if I should be so serious about him anymore. Is this healthy? :rolleyes:

NeverEnufDisney

Try compromising with the Disney cruise as one person suggests or staying at different resorts in WDW or better yet staying outside of Disney and just going in for a day or two while seeing other attractions in the area. That way your Disney need will be fed and her need for variety will be satisfied. That many times a year may be a little over the top and there are other places for those work and life pressures to be released. She obviously loves you to have gone along this far, so I bet she's able to accept a reasonable compromise.

mrtoad

I would suggest cutting it down to one time a year and take her someone that she wants in between. If you force it on her she will resent it but if you spread it out and give something back I bet she would come along.

Ringo8n24

I am lucky. My husband of three years had never been to WDW before he met me. We have been to WDW 6 times since we got married. He loves it as much as I do. I could not imaging having to explain to him why we are going to Disney everytime we have off. He says there will no where else we will go because we get to do a little of everything there. He loves to scuba dive so he gets his DiveQuest in there one day and we are all happy. :)

figmentmom

My husband is "Disneyed-out" too, so for several years, we divided our April vacation between Disney and a trip to Clearwater Beach on the west coast. We spend four nights in each location, and had the best of both worlds with a minimum of sulking. :rolleyes: :lol:

lcsrig

i understand

We have been the last 2 years for Mardi Gras. My husband would rather build a garage than go this year. (I'm going with or without him and he knows it). My job is extremely stressful...1st gr teacher in the inner city. Disney is my escape, my magic, my world!
Take your daughter and go!! Divide your time between WDW, Universal, and Sea World. Do what you have to do!!!!! Life is WAYYYYYYYYYYY too short.
Reason with your wife. Be kind, state reasons, be firm. I agree that there could be Disney Incompatability. But you CAN work through this!!! There's always Disneyland. -- I know it is not at all like WDW, BUT it would serve its purpose. California has lots to offer.
Hope all goes well. If not, my hubby says to call me B/C he KNOWS I will go!!!

WDWFREAK53

crazygirley said:
:( My boyfriend isn't a Disney fan either... sometimes, when I get excited about something and tell him about it and get the usual blank stare back, I wonder if I should be so serious about him anymore. Is this healthy? :rolleyes:

Well...if he tells you something that you're not interested in...do you give him a blank stare back? I dunno, if a significant other told me something, I wouldn't give them a blank "I could care less" stare :lol: but...maybe if I heard it all the time and had enough of the subject it would be a different story. That being said...if you're only questioning the seriousness of the relationship based on "Disney" then I would say...let it pass and don't do anything rash...but if there are other things brewing...then you may want to question it and weigh out the goods and bads. (And just remember...you have a ton of people here that won't give you blank stares about Disney :lol: )

I like what MrToad (I think it was him) suggested. Go someplace else with your wife and child and cut down the WDW trips. (That doesn't mean cut them out completely...but maybe only once a year instead of 5!)

Tramp

mrtoad said:
I would suggest cutting it down to one time a year and take her someone that she wants in between. If you force it on her she will resent it but if you spread it out and give something back I bet she would come along.

This is good advice, MrToad. I'd like to think that even us hard-core fans are capable of keeping things in perspective and respecting the feelings and wishes of our loved ones at the risk of sacrificing our own. With so many visits to WDW, compromise should be at the top of your list of solutions. :)

I'm all Mickeyed-out too so I can empathize with your wife. :wave: I know it's hard to believe, but there's so much more world to see outside of the WDWorld. :lol:

LoriMistress

Epcot4ME said:
I've been going since 1976...last year we went 5 times, including our tenth anniversary with 4 days at the Contemporary....now she says "no more Disney for a couple of years, I'm tired of going.."

What is a hard core fan to do? I told her I'd just take our daughter and go but she says that'll make her look bad!

Do stuff in Orlando. Spend a few days at Disney, then a day or two at Universal, then at Sea World, or other places that they have. Maybe you should take your wife to Ely, NV...she'll be begging for WDW.

Gail Hayden

Epcot4ME said:

Go alone, who cares if it makes her look bad, none of us are watching. Her appearance is her problem, not yours. did someone hold a gun to your head and force you to allow your AP to expire? You allow someone to rule your life, don't expect us to fix it.

mrtoad

Gail Hayden said:
Go alone, who cares if it makes her look bad, none of us are watching. Her appearance is her problem, not yours. did someone hold a gun to your head and force you to allow your AP to expire? You allow someone to rule your life, don't expect us to fix it.

Tactful as ever... :lol:

Hi Gail :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom