*GASP* Wifey is tired if Disney!

Testtrack321

Epcot4ME said:
I've been going since 1976...last year we went 5 times, including our tenth anniversary with 4 days at the Contemporary....now she says "no more Disney for a couple of years, I'm tired of going.."

What is a hard core fan to do? I told her I'd just take our daughter and go but she says that'll make her look bad!

I have a stressfull job and use Disney as my release.

Anyone else have this problem? I was forced to let my Annual pass expire...
Go to DisneyLAND... ;)

Trust me, it's a whole nother world.

DisneyPinDad

You could also try, as we do, a nonParks trip for the missus. My wife gets tired of the parks quickly, but with so much to do at the resorts, she can always find something she enjoys. There's nothing that says you have to spend all the time in the parks or that you can't all go (so she doesn't look bad) and then you and your daughter do parks and maybe ya'll meet up for dinner somewhere.

DisneyPinDad

mrtoad

Oh, 5 days....

That is not excessive at all. Though part of what could be putting her off is driving 3 1/2 hours for a one night trip. For me that would be tough. Maybe try cutting your trips down to 2 a year for long weekends. You will get more out of it, be more relaxed and not be so pressured to make sure you get one thing done on the first day out. That might help her and you to enjoy it more.

And yes, please don't take offense to what people say here. Some people are joking around and others are well, others.... :lol:

Gail Hayden

5. "Wifey" is bad??? It's a common endearment here in SE Georgia. We are more relaxed here....

Yep, bad bad. Very condescending, endearment or not. They don't come more relaxed than me, but, that term trips every trigger and hot button I have.
IE: Be a good little wifey and get me a beer.

Epcot4ME

Original Poster
For us, the drive is part of the trip. We talk and visit with each other. Our daughter watches movies or talks about gymnastics.

Gail: Since I don't drink, it's not a problem. Plus, I don't use the term as a request for anything. :king:

Back to the magic... :sohappy:

Gail Hayden

Epcot4ME said:
For us, the drive is part of the trip. We talk and visit with each other. Our daughter watches movies or talks about gymnastics.

Gail: Since I don't drink, it's not a problem. Plus, I don't use the term as a request for anything. :king:

Back to the magic... :sohappy:
You probably do not use the term as I have heard it used. If it works for you and your wife, then that is really all that matters. :)

figmentmom

darbiemc said:
if i could not stay at least 4 or 5 days at wdw i would not go

I don't feel that way at all...ANY time spent at WDW is great! If I only get a day or two at the parks during our Florida vacations, it's a whole heck of a lot better than NO days.

Gail Hayden

If the person here who posted a neg. remark in my reputation area has not the guts to identify who they are, why ever would you think I would care what you have to say. Critize if you want, but, at least post who you are, it might have more meaning. And, btw, I am not rude, just very outspoken. You, on the other hand, are just sneaky.

WDWScottieBoy

Gail Hayden said:
If the person here who posted a neg. remark in my reputation area has not the guts to identify who they are, why ever would you think I would care what you have to say. Critize if you want, but, at least post who you are, it might have more meaning. And, btw, I am not rude, just very outspoken. You, on the other hand, are just sneaky.

Gail, that's how they always are. I don't think I've ever had someone tell their name in a negative rep. (I'll help you ot to counter-balance those.) I've found your posts very insightful and full of content. BTW, I'd love to have been a DVC member since 92. I'm joining next year. :sohappy:

Gail Hayden

WDWScottieBoy said:
Gail, that's how they always are. I don't think I've ever had someone tell their name in a negative rep. (I'll help you ot to counter-balance those.) I've found your posts very insightful and full of content. BTW, I'd love to have been a DVC member since 92. I'm joining next year. :sohappy:
Thanks Scott, I appreciate the information. :) Are you going to join via Disney or a resale? You are going to LOVE DVC!!!!! It is fantastic. If I can help with anything, please, just let me know.
Thanks for the positive points. ;)

mrtoad

Gail Hayden said:

Gail,

Unfortunatly it seems that nobody puts negs gives up their names. What is even worse is if you get a gray box, (which just means the person is too new to sway you either negatively or positively) and they leave no comment. In that case you are unsure if someone liked what you said or did not.

I think it should force you either way to leave a comment.

Mike

mrtoad

Sorry, I just wanted to add also I have yet to feel the need to leave a negative for anyone even if they have really upset me. That person in that other thread we were in Gail, was one that really upset me but still would not leave one. If I have something negative to say I put it right out there as it seems the right thing to do.

WDWScottieBoy

Gail Hayden said:
Thanks Scott, I appreciate the information. :) Are you going to join via Disney or a resale? You are going to LOVE DVC!!!!! It is fantastic. If I can help with anything, please, just let me know.
Thanks for the positive points. ;)

I've never looked at resale nor do I know where to. I would like to have 150-200 poitns per year. I'd like to have it for the 50 years as well. I'm only 18 right now so I'm young at getting into this. PM me if you would know more about it. You're welcome for the points too, glad I could help!

Gail Hayden

mrtoad said:
Gail,

Unfortunatly it seems that nobody puts negs gives up their names. What is even worse is if you get a gray box, (which just means the person is too new to sway you either negatively or positively) and they leave no comment. In that case you are unsure if someone liked what you said or did not.

Mike
I agree and also force you to identify yourself. I appreciate constructive comments, I have no time for comments that someone leaves with no name.
To me, that is a cowardly move. What ever happened to accountability?

mrtoad

Gail Hayden said:
I agree and also force you to identify yourself. I appreciate constructive comments, I have no time for comments that someone leaves with no name.
To me, that is a cowardly move. What ever happened to accountability?

I agree, if you have something to say, say it or walk away...

WDWScottieBoy

WDWScottieBoy said:
I've never looked at resale nor do I know where to. I would like to have 150-200 poitns per year. I'd like to have it for the 50 years as well. I'm only 18 right now so I'm young at getting into this. PM me if you would know more about it. You're welcome for the points too, glad I could help!

Did you see this post Gail, you were probably typing your response to Toad as I typed this therefor when you posted mine was above yours. Just seeing if you have any information on this for me. Thanks! :wave:

tigsmom

mrtoad said:
Gail,

Mike

I always sign my name when I post negative rep (which is very rare) and have been adding my name to all since many people have said they would rather know who has given them points.

We are a large group of people with varied personalities, conflicts will happen.
Hopefully we can all act like the adults we claim to be. :wave:

Kadee

Gail, It's not that big of a deal. I've gotten neg. rep points for the dumbest things. Also with NO comment. Some were for posts that should not have offended anyone so I have no idea why I got the neg. points. So, don't worry about it. It's also been my experience that most everyone doesn't leave their name...positive OR negative. I don't pay much attention to it, although I do check it once in a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom