gas prices

Craig & Lisa

Hey all, we will be driving at the end of June to the world. Right now in jersey the price of regular, (at least where we live) is 2.74 a gal. So I was just curious as to what the prices are along 95 from here? Thanks

maelstrom

I live in NY but often travel to NJ for gas as it's less than a 10 minute drive to Montague. It was still $2.89 there the other day; I am envious of your $2.74. I paid $3.21 in NY today.

Upvote 0

TAC

Try www.gasbuddy.com

You might want to do some planning as to how much mpg your vehicle gets, where you want to stop (eating and bathroom breaks) VS where the cheap gas is.

Basically gas is cheap in NJ, Southern Virginia, South Carolina, and parts of Georgia. So you will NOT want to fill up in NC, and you will want to fill up or at least have a full tank as you cross the GA/FL border.

Upvote 0

AEfx

I just did the trip and found the prices a bit cheaper than what I'm paying in New England. In some places there were some no-name gas stations selling as low as 2.60, but the majority were 2.80-2.95.

Gas in and around Disney was on the cheaper side, surprisingly.

AEfx

Upvote 0

gusdog

TAC LOVE THE AVAITAR! It was a good laugh at the end of a work day!

Valdosta Ga has some pretty low prices and they are right on the border of GA/FL I'd also fill up before you get on the turnpike too!

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

If you happen to go through West Virginia, avoid buying gas here like the plague. It drops about 20 cents a gallon as soon as you cross into Virginia. Our taxes on gas are astronomical. My husband and I actually drive to Kentucky or Ohio anytime it is not a waste of money to get gas.
Also, be prepared for lots of roadwork and speed traps.
I love my state, but our gas prices and the never-ending road work are ridiculous. Currently we are holding at around $3.00 a gallon. I got it for $2.98 the other day, but that is rare around here these days.
Aside from my above warnings and complaints, WV is a beautiful state to drive through. Enjoy the drive. It's my favorite way to go to Disney World!

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

$2.95 right around here and (when I was on property a few days ago) $2.95 on property. If you live or are staying on/around Disney property, ON property is almost always the cheapest place to get gas. There are Hess stations on property, one near Magic Kingdom, one across from Downtown Disney, and one near the Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

westie

WOW! I remember 2 years ago taking pictures of the WDW gas station the bus always passes by and people laughing at me. It was two-something then. Now we're paying $3.50/gal. in calif. whereas you're where we were then. And you think it will stop? They make the gas 50 miles from where I live? If I'm paying $3.50 here, its coming there too. Thats why we fly.

Upvote 0

steruth

What are the prices in Kissimee/US 27 area at the moment for Gas $ per gal as we are travelling over there later in the year and just wondered.
Still be cheaper than ours, ours is about equilvelent of $7.70 in the US!

Upvote 0

Passport

I just got back from driving from Baltimore to my home in Orlando on I-95. The prices were around 2.85-3.10. Try to find an exit with a truck stop and you will probably get a lower price. I found Pilot and BP to be the cheapest. Here in Orlando it is running 2.80.
Hope this helps.
Don't forget speed traps in VA and GA!

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Original Poster
WOW! I remember 2 years ago taking pictures of the WDW gas station the bus always passes by and people laughing at me. It was two-something then. Now we're paying $3.50/gal. in calif. whereas you're where we were then. And you think it will stop? They make the gas 50 miles from where I live? If I'm paying $3.50 here, its coming there too. Thats why we fly.
I don't think it will stop, but, for the last week where I get my gas in NJ, it has dropped about 6 cents a gal. ( And I'm not telling where I get it either so the station will still have it to buy). As for New Yorkers, there is a BJ's wholesale club in Linden NJ that has it for members at 2.79, but as I said that is the member price. Thanks for the prices, just in case we will be taking 95 all the there and back, so if anybody has the prices along 95 that would be great and I will be checking that web page for the prices too. I don't think that the web page can get me the prices as fast as here. LESS THAN WEEKS TO GO, :D :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I just got back from driving from Baltimore to my home in Orlando on I-95. The prices were around 2.85-3.10. Try to find an exit with a truck stop and you will probably get a lower price. I found Pilot and BP to be the cheapest. Here in Orlando it is running 2.80.
Hope this helps.
Don't forget speed traps in VA and GA!

I don't know how bad they are in VA, but I think in some counties (Camden or Glynn, I forget which, just north of the FL line is one of them) along I-95 in GA you can get a $250+ ticket if you exceed the limit by more than 10MPH, and $100/MPH above that. So going 85 MPH in a 70 MPH zone can get you a $750 ticket; 90 will get you a $1000 one. :eek:

Upvote 0

Passport

I don't know how bad they are in VA, but I think in some counties (Camden or Glynn, I forget which, just north of the FL line is one of them) along I-95 in GA you can get a $250+ ticket if you exceed the limit by more than 10MPH, and $100/MPH above that. So going 85 MPH in a 70 MPH zone can get you a $750 ticket; 90 will get you a $1000 one. :eek:

Wow!
I am lucky I didn't get pulled over.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Original Poster
That's why cruise-control will be at 1 to 2 miles below the speed limit all the way. :D

Upvote 0

AEfx

That's why cruise-control will be at 1 to 2 miles below the speed limit all the way. :D

Yeah, it's pretty shocking to hit the south and see the 70MPH signs to begin with (the max most everywhere in the North East is 65), and I can't imagine people thinking they can go 85-90 just for normal driving.

Like you, I obey the speed laws - don't want a ticket, don't want to be (increasing my chances of) dying. I actually get a warm fuzzy feeling when I see some one pulled over. :)

AEfx

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom