GAC to Become DAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyDad

And here we go...can't we all agree that both old and fat can be disabilities;). Being that I'm getting old and I'm a few cheeseburgers over the fat line I think I can say that without offending. Remember, people are all different. We cannot single out any one group of people.

.....let me throw a monkey wrench in there. What if ....I'm old...AND ...I'm fat ....and I'm happy being old and fat!! Am I still disabled?

....when you come up with that answer ....let me know if you've got the answer to that age old "tree falling in the forest making a sound" question!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
What she doesn't know is that I'm in talks to send this guy:

To Disney. I'm gonna produce it, paying for him and his production crew. Can't say much more...but, I think he'd do an amazing series on Disney World.

But, I hate all these "types" of folks (I'm sure she thinks)

Of course, she won't see this, because she's ignored me. :p

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I had more of a problem with height as my legs didn't really fit right, especially the dragon one. It is a pretty cool park though.
I had troubles with my height as well...there were quite a few rides I couldn't fit in with my kiddo...we had to ride separately. I'm glad I took her when she was old/tall enough to ride alone!

lazyboy97o

We never abused the GAC. We only would go on a couple rides a trip because we can't walk that much! We go to WDW and it is a much larger place than DL. We never saw anyone abusing the GAC there. And we only on very few occasions had someone join us. I only ever saw people with wheelchairs and disabled children using the GAC. we talked to some in wheelchairs who didn't use a GAC. It was their choice. But to have this courtesy totally removed for everyone has done a disservice to anyone who truly needed it. We tried the DAS. They told us to come back in an hour. So we can't walk that much do we sit and wait or go on to something else? We chose not to wait.
You were always supposed to wait. The Guest Assistance Card was not supposed to be a front-of-the-line pass and the card itself even said as much.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I note, she ignores me, and doesn't post...so what was the point?

Did she have some groundbreaking observation?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm now ignored, so I'm going to dance on a wrecking ball...

34f.gif

The Empress Lilly

I note, she ignores me, and doesn't post...so what was the point?
That must be one of the most ludicrous actions I've ever seen on wdwmagic.
lol111.gif
And considering some people here, that's quite a feat!

- Ignore is for all those people who yell profanities on the internet at opinions they disagree with, and who to boot are too stupidly ill-disciplined to simply move on to the next post.

- Ignore is not an inward act of self-preservation. It is an act of outward agression, letting somebody know he is a piece of filth not even worthy to be recognised to exist. Therefore it is always made very publicly known that somebody is putting somebody on ignore.

- It is a 'free' insult you can make, because you can hide behind a forum function whose perfidious working is always intuitively understood by all, but never articulated.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That must be one of the most ludicrous actions I've ever seen on wdwmagic.
lol111.gif
And considering some people here, that's quite a feat!

- Ignore is for all those people who yell profanities on the internet at opinions they disagree with, and who to boot are too stupidly ill-disciplined to simply move on to the next post.

- Ignore is not an inward act of self-preservation. It is an act of outward agression, letting somebody know he is a piece of filth not even worthy to be recognised to exist. Therefore it is always made very publicly known that somebody is putting somebody on ignore.

- It is a 'free' insult you can make, because you can hide behind a forum function whose perfidious working is always intuitively understood by all, but never articulated.

I will defend her, for a bit (though she won't see it, because she ignored me)

She felt offended, and that I was attacking her. And she's not wrong, I was. I thought she was full of crap. What she didn't understand is that, I was doing so to understand her, not to attack her. Had she come back with a response that made me understand that wasn't "I'm tired so I need a front of the line pass", I'd be the first to stand on her side.

Look, we all know that disabled people don't have it easy at Disney...and I have NO issues with sitting a bit more for one of them to experience the ride. I DO take issue when they think that because they are disabled, they should have more benefits than a normal guest.

We've seen this over and over, and I don't have to rehash...

She made a few silly statements, and I called her out on them (like the magicband one), I get she may be upset that I said something like "try again", I get that.

But, since she is ignoring me, I'll be frank. She had nothing to offer. We have well qualified and experienced forum members to comment...

I completely get those who contribute to these threads who have kids or are personally disabled. And, you have to admit, many of them have fantastic points about how their experience works, points that make the average guest think, as well as Disney...but, that should not be an excuse.

She used it as one. From post one she was sensational and silly.

I'm sure she's well meaning. I just get annoyed by this...and I really don't mind that she "ignored" me, as she doesn't realize what "ignoring" means.

luv

I got lambasted for something I didn't even do and then stuck on ignore, with an announcement. It happens. :)

I have silently put people on ignore. One of them is always and forever arguing with everyone and making stupid and nasty comments, so I see people fighting with him/her (?) all the time, but only see one end of it. One time I thought unkadug was taking a crazy and ridiculous shot at me, but it turned out to be the ignored person. Ignore can get confusing. :)

The Empress Lilly

I will defend her, for a bit (though she won't see it, because she ignored me)

She felt offended, and that I was attacking her. And she's not wrong, I was. I thought she was full of crap. What she didn't understand is that, I was doing so to understand her, not to attack her. Had she come back with a response that made me understand that wasn't "I'm tired so I need a front of the line pass", I'd be the first to stand on her side.

Look, we all know that disabled people don't have it easy at Disney...and I have NO issues with sitting a bit more for one of them to experience the ride. I DO take issue when they think that because they are disabled, they should have more benefits than a normal guest.

We've seen this over and over, and I don't have to rehash...

She made a few silly statements, and I called her out on them (like the magicband one), I get she may be upset that I said something like "try again", I get that.

But, since she is ignoring me, I'll be frank. She had nothing to offer. We have well qualified and experienced forum members to comment...

I completely get those who contribute to these threads who have kids or are personally disabled. And, you have to admit, many of them have fantastic points about how their experience works, points that make the average guest think, as well as Disney...but, that should not be an excuse.

She used it as one. From post one she was sensational and silly.

I'm sure she's well meaning. I just get annoyed by this...and I really don't mind that she "ignored" me, as she doesn't realize what "ignoring" means.
Oh, they understand what it all means. They have an internet, they know how to join a forum, it is 2013. They come barging in with guns blazing.

I didn't read what happend, I tried so just now to satisfy my bloodthirsty craving for internet drama, but I noticed her account has disappeared. Me thinks it was a DL then.

TP2000

Meanwhile, back in Orlando, Autism Hippie has announced on her Facebook page that she will be taking her son to Universal Studios Florida tomorrow (Monday) for the first time. Let's see how this goes for her...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Meanwhile, back in Orlando, Autism Hippie has announced on her Facebook page that she will be taking her son to Universal Studios Florida tomorrow (Monday) for the first time. Let's see how this goes for her...
I'm sure she will be impressed.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Hawk!!!!!!!!! Loved Hawk. He was the best part of Spencer For Hire. Thanks! :D
I loved Spenser For Hire. I have read every single book in the series. RIP Robert B. Parker.
I even named my eldest son Spenser. That's "Spenser, with an 'S', like the poet".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom