News Future World confirmed to be split into 3 neighborhoods

tirian

Out of all the D23 announcements—most of which were disappointing for long-term WDW fans—the new Epcot lands feel “right.” Future World West/East worked for the park’s original purpose, but since this is the new direction, at least the areas have names that blend into Epcot nomenclature.

All else aside, the new landscaping will be gorgeous!

Father Robinson

Does anyone else think the floating garden building is very reminiscent of The Jetsons architecture?
20190827_064812.jpg
jetsons-googie.jpg
epcot-festival-pavilion-1200x675.jpg

mgf

I am trying to tell if the center column is meant/going to look like the one on SSE and if the thing slight to the right is a waterfall.

Missing20K

I dunno. Ever take an anthropology course?
Yep. Tool making is one aspect of human behavior. The Anthro course I took way back when was only introductory but from what I remember, it dealt with far more than just humans ability to create better and better tools. It also focused on aspects of human societal evolution such as cooperation between individuals, language, and culture. It also touched upon subjects such as the biological evolution of man. Anthropology studies far more than just humans relationship with technology. It's simply the study of mankind using physical artifacts. Physical artifacts can be contemporaneous technology, but it can also be bones, teeth, burrows, coprolites, etc., etc., etc.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

Beacon Joe

Yep. Tool making is one aspect of human behavior. The Anthro course I took way back when was only introductory but from what I remember, it dealt with far more than just humans ability to create better and better tools. It also focused on aspects of human societal evolution such as cooperation between individuals, language, and culture. It also touched upon subjects such as the biological evolution of man. Anthropology studies far more than just humans relationship with technology. It's simply the study of mankind using physical artifacts. Physical artifacts can be contemporaneous technology, but it can also be bones, teeth, burrows, coprolites, etc., etc., etc.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

Yes, but tool usage, e.g. technology, is a central feature, is it not?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom