Future of the Hollywood Tower of Terror

ppete1975

There's a S.E.A. film in development. When that comes out, will they have to retheme the tower again to keep it non-IP?
do you consider jungle cruise to be IP? All of Tomorrowland? Everyone is talking of retheming to a major IP, I would rather keep it as is but remove the TZ if they have to. In the overseas park some of the rides having a bit of a backstory is actually pretty cool, and if they could play off of that to like a north american wing. It could be a really cool backstory that is done in the background for the diehard disney fan.

Kirby86

I'm not so sure Tower of Terror is as popular as everyone makes it out to be... It is a ride that many people are, of course, to scared to get on... With wait times increasing mostly due to only one side running, and sort of a small capacity thing going on.

Meanwhile Rockin' next door has these super long trains going every 30 or so seconds and still has long wait times, because roller coaster. Tower gives the illusion of being this hugely popular ride simply because it is that, huge.

I'd be interested in knowing if that is why there isn't as much merch for Tower as there is, say, for Haunted Mansion (which has its own shop altogether)...

I'd like to point out, though... ToT is one of my favorite rides of all time. I only mention this because every time I go to Disney World with anybody, this is the MAIN ride that half or a couple of people in my group will NEVER ride.
Tower of Terror can still has a pretty long wait time though it isn't exactly a walk on. I do agree being a drop tower does limit its appeal though. However I think the reverence people have for the ride also comes from the fact that ToT is the icon of Hollywood Studios.
As for the merchandise I fully expected Haunted Mansion to have more because it's a classic attraction at two of the world's busiest parks they can produce merchandisefor both parks in bulk for a cheaper price.

ppete1975

Tower of Terror can still has a pretty long wait time though it isn't exactly a walk on. I do agree being a drop tower does limit its appeal though. However I think the reverence people have for the ride also comes from the fact that ToT is the icon of Hollywood Studios.
As for the merchandise I fully expected Haunted Mansion to have more because it's a classic attraction at two of the world's busiest parks they can produce merchandisefor both parks in bulk for a cheaper price.
Is it working at full capacity or still just one side? I havent been in years and havent kept up

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm not so sure Tower of Terror is as popular as everyone makes it out to be... It is a ride that many people are, of course, to scared to get on... With wait times increasing mostly due to only one side running, and sort of a small capacity thing going on.

Meanwhile Rockin' next door has these super long trains going every 30 or so seconds and still has long wait times, because roller coaster. Tower gives the illusion of being this hugely popular ride simply because it is that, huge.

I'd be interested in knowing if that is why there isn't as much merch for Tower as there is, say, for Haunted Mansion (which has its own shop altogether)...

I'd like to point out, though... ToT is one of my favorite rides of all time. I only mention this because every time I go to Disney World with anybody, this is the MAIN ride that half or a couple of people in my group will NEVER ride.

Only one side running is incorrect, both sets of drop shafts are running. There are certainly times when one side is down, but I didn't see it over the parts of 3-4 days inside that park recently (and I know others who were there just after we were). If more than one other ride is down, lines everywhere else increase. DHS has too many people and too few rides and shows to absorb them, especially when something like Rise or MMRR or Slinky is down and they have to dump the queue.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Only one side running is incorrect, both sets of drop shafts are running. There are certainly times when one side is down, but I didn't see it over the parts of 3-4 days inside that park recently (and I know others who were there just after we were). If more than one other ride is down, lines everywhere else increase. DHS has too many people and too few rides and shows to absorb them, especially when something like Rise or MMRR or Slinky is down and they have to dump the queue.
I didn't mean that one side running is all the time. I mean that that's when the line usually shoots up... lol

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, you're supposed to recite every line from the start of the pre-show until you disembark from the ride.

Right?

I would love to have a reason to put faith in a Tower of Terror V. Wonder if we will get it.

I know it by heart but I just love to listen and take it all in. 😀

It would be nice to get a new set of drop sequences. Not that the current two (that I’ve experienced many times) are bad.

Rodj

It would be nice to get a new set of drop sequences. Not that the current two (that I’ve experienced many times) are bad.
I don't see this happening until they get new built-up motors or (somehow) solve the overload issue with the current motors. Each of the 4 drop sequences currently were modified to be less intense just so that the motors can handle them.

Rodj

Personally, I think the Dead End Wall should come back. It was such a subtle but amazing detail. Those lights coming on to reveal the stucco wall really added to the "oh crap" moment.
They can’t really do that now because of the “lightning bolt strobe wall” that is there.

Andrew25

At what point do you just shut it down for a proper refurbishment? After Splash/Bayou reopens?

It's consistently down every day, and when it's open it's been constantly reaching 80+ min waits.

gorillaball

At what point do you just shut it down for a proper refurbishment? After Splash/Bayou reopens?

It's consistently down every day, and when it's open it's been constantly reaching 80+ min waits.
Half of it was down for approx 5 months just this year, I would hope that's a proper refurbishment.
Now for the other side, that's what is not as clear to me. Many had thought they would have moved over to the other side immediately or shortly after completing the first side but that doesn't seem to be the case. Unless they are doing the refurbishment in a different manner, without complete long term shut down.

Rodj

I think there were some issues that shown up in the long term on Echo side that they postponed the refurbishment on Foxtrot side until it got fixed. Would really like a refurbishment that actually dealt with the show effects rather than just the operations of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom