"Future Magic Kingdom Attraction"?

Well, the first thing I thought I saw was Ursula... but I could be wrong. It didn't really look like her, or I could just be imagining things, or it could be a totally different character.
You aren't going crazy because at first glance I thought I saw her too! But after taking a second look, you can clearly see trees with vines. It has to be the props for the new Pixie Hollow meet and greet. Though, maybe there are a few props stored away in there for the Little Mermaid dark ride.

I looks to me like the props for the new meet-n-greet with the fairies. But wait... is that a door in the bottom left corner, Mosters, Inc. maybe :lookaroun

sambahat

That statue is driving me nuts. I can't find any Disney Fairies or Little Mermaid artwork that resembles it.

Did anyone notice that there looks like a bird on the head with wings outstretched? Does that ring a bell to anyone?

The trees and vines are definitely Disney Fairies... I'm just not sure about that darn statue.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I don't quite see The Little Mermaid stuff you guys are referring to... Can someone show me what you're talking about? The bust is a little odd also - The vines and such look to be more conducive to the Tinkerbell meet and greet rumor.

hardcard

you know guys.. that is the props department.. It's extrememly possible, and probably LIKELY that the statue and the tree are for 2 totally different attractions..

The statue might be for the shrine they are building near Pleasure Island.. You know, the one where all adventurers club fans can light candles, toss quarters onto it, and weep?

:)

of course, the second half of this post is tongue-in-cheek

disnyfan89

The statue invokes the visual styles of Tower of Terror or perhaps American Adventure. It also reminds me of Hercules. It could be an old prop or perhaps something being built for a hotel. I don't think it is directly related to the tree props.

If these Tree/Vines are indeed for the Tink meet and greet they are awfully large props that I don't think would fit in the current Toon Town room that is rumored to be converted into Pixie Hollow. Also the scale looks off to be Tink size. If you look closely at the treeish sculpture to the left it looks as if it is flat toped as if a roof could sit on it. Also it looks as if it is a door. As if you are walking into the trunk and into a new world.

I do think that this could be for Tink but I wonder if a new location is being built as I don't think these props are small enough to fit into the princess room. Also relocating these props they would have to fit them through a standard double door frame. You could deconstruct them, I suppose, but they look so solid and finished it would seem odd to take them apart. There was talk of construction behind Pooh's playground. Does anyone know what that turned out to be? It seemed to appear at the same time Disney was finalizing plans for the Fairies and finally making a commitment to their meet and greet.

I found this... might not have anything to do with the props in the picture, who knows :shrug: But I do agree with the other poster that they look too large to fit in the Toon Town Princess Room.

From Wikipedia
The fairies reside in the Home Tree, a towering tree, which is located in the heart of Pixie Hollow in Never Land.

Pixiehollow.jpg

1disneydood

The statue looks like either an angel for christmas, maybe with arms and hands like that to hold a trumpet or comething like a cherub. Some reason it looks like it's meant to hold a trumpet of some sort, in that position. Could it be an angel for one of the huge Christmas trees they put up? Maybe holding something??

Or it could be a primered figurehead from the Black Pearl with arms detached and the bird on her head for some odd reason. I highly doubt this one though as the hands are all wrong. But the bird's presence is clear as mud.

On another look through photoshop, it looks real close to the figurehead and the bird the figurehead holds. :dunno:

SirGoofy

Yea it's for MK. I took a tour of Central Shops during my CP program for an engineering class and I saw the beginnings of this. The didn't say what it was, just that it was for MK.

ntoeman

Original Poster
Seeing it in person, I don't actually think the statue/bust thing on the right was part of it....it was just sitting on the shelf there

Fantasmic

Why would anyone, in their right mind want to meet Tinkerstink, sorry Tinkerbell?

The head, to me looks like something from Indiana Jones...

Mstr Gra-c

In regards to the size of the pieces vs. Fitting in Toon Town issue...wasn't there talk that the fairy meet n greet was possibly going into the open air area that was once home to the 20K Leagues ride. Also, there was talk that they were going to put it there so that they could make it seem as if the visitor was being shrunken down to the size of a fairy...this would mean that the size of the pieces were just right if they were the beginnings of a representation of a much smaller object...flowers or some type of bush...imho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom