Funny things "tourist" say

need2go2wdw

But the craziest thing I ever heard (and I've told this story before, so sorry if you've heard it already) was as I was walking around Epcot.
A group of middle aged adults was standing around Innoventions plaza, looking like they were deciding what to do. As I walked by, one of the men said, "I can't believe they tore down that beautiful castle and put up that stupid ball." I actually looked back around, thinking maybe he was kidding, and ready to laugh with them... but he didn't laugh, and neither did anyone else he was with. I kept walking- quickly - before I burst out laughing. There's still a small part of my brain that chooses to believe he was joking, because I don't want to think that anyone could be that clueless.
Yes, I've read this story by you before and I just want to thank you for writing it again! I laughed just as hard as I did the first time i read it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bravo 229

One I've heard several times is: 'Hey, lets go ride Fast Track!' to which I always reply: 'well, there's Test Track and then there are Fast Passes...'

DRC68

While on the bus from FW Campground to Epcot this summer, a man stands up and asks the driver, "Will this bus will take us to Disney World too."

"Sir, which part specifcally, the ENTIRE property is Disney World."

"Oh...the part with the castle, I guess."

Rinx

Outside Mouse Gear:

Teenage son, "Hey ma, wana check out Club Cool?"

Mother, "Are you kidding? Do you know how much they'll probably charge for ski rentals?"

Teenage son, "What?"

I have no idea where she got that from. Never heard of that one before, that's pretty bad.

LudwigVonDrake

1) I overheard a family talking about how after they went to the "Haunted House" they would go to "Splash Waterfall".

2) In DHS, on a very hot day, a father to his wife in regard to their daughter: "Before we do anything else we have to get her on the water rides."

3) "Where's that Carousel of the Future ride?"

Disneykidder

Love it all!! I can't even count how many times I have head people discussing where they will be going the next day...Disney World...they say that all the time when frefereing to the Magic Kingdom. Too funny.

One that gets me is how people discuss how they are going to see the characters and have no idea what their names are. "Y'know the raccoons" (referring to Chip n Dale) or the "wizard Mickey" (Sorcerer Mickey).

mp2bill

I was next to a family on the Dumbo line that was taking turns leaving the line to read the artwork on the expansion wall. They were completely floored that there was construction going on and trying to speculate what was being built. I guess not everyone is a disneyholic!

In the same vein...I heard somebody asking where Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was.

We were there in October when RnRC went down for a couple days. Funny how many people walked up to the closed gates like they would open just for them:)

I love when people do this. Hi-larious!

Chevross

At Hollywood Studio's: ->(The best I can remember this conversation, it was rather confusing and hard to follow.....Now for the back story, waiting in the ungodly long line for Toy Story Midway Mania, and this is the couple that comes up behind me for the 120 minute wait.)<-

Woman: "So Disneyland was built first?"
Man: "Yes, it was built in the 50's and Disney World was built in the late 60's."
Woman: "So, is the castle Cinderella's or Sleeping Beauties?"
Man: "Which place?"
Woman: "Here?"
Man: "Cinderella's."
Woman: "So why did Disneyland get Sleeping Beauty's?"
Man: "Because that park was built first."
Woman: "I always thought Disney World was first."
Man: "No."
Woman: "So what about the castle's?"
Man: "What about them?"
Woman: "I don't understand it?"
Man: "Understand what?"
Woman: "The castle's?"
Man: "What do you mean?"
Woman: Well, I didn't know Disneyland came first. But why are the castle's different?"
Man: "Because Disneyland and Disney World are two different places, one is in California and the other is here."
Woman: "Oh, that explains a little bit."
Man: "What else are you not understanding.
Woman: "Which one are we in again?"
Man: "Disney World."
Woman: "Ok, Cinderella's right?"
Man: " Right."
Woman: "So why isn't Disneyland the main park?"
Man: "In a way it is. It's kinda hard to explain."
Woman: "Oh, I bet they have many more parks than this one."
Man: "Not exactly, this is the Resort. Disneyland is more towards just a park."
Woman: "So they're different?"
Man: "Yes, two completely different things owned by the same company."
Woman: "We need to visit their Epcot."
Man: "There is no Epcot over there."
Woman: "Really? But they are both Disney parks."
Man: "But they are different. Disney World Resort has the Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot. Disneyland is just Magic Kingdom and California Adventures."
-> (The man, which I assumed is her husband, is showing signs of getting aggravated)<-
Woman: "I still don't understand why Disney World didn't come first?"
->(Man is really angry now)<-
Man: "Because he had the idea for Disneyland first and it was near his studios I suppose."
Woman: "But he built this one in Florida, which isn't even close to California, I don't think that's the reason."
Man: "Well, I think he wasn't really happy with the way Disneyland turned out."
Woman: "Then he should have built Disney World first."
Man: "Maybe he didn't f(CENSORED)in' feel like building it first!"

->(The couple was silent the rest of the hour long wait)<-

Just got back 3 days ago. Here's what I heard two parents telling their child as they entered Hollywood Studios:

Dad: What do you want to do first?
Son: Harry Potter.
Dad: I thought you wanted to ride the Spiderman ride.
Mom: Well they just got the Simpsons too.
Son: Spiderman!

I really would've liked to run into them again later in the day. But my favorite from the same trip. A mother talking to her son:

Mom: We're not going to see the Osborne lights, that man does nothing but bite bats heads off and worship the devil.

Just got back 3 days ago. Here's what I heard two parents telling their child as they entered Hollywood Studios:

Dad: What do you want to do first?
Son: Harry Potter.
Dad: I thought you wanted to ride the Spiderman ride.
Mom: Well they just got the Simpsons too.
Son: Spiderman!

I really would've liked to run into them again later in the day. But my favorite from the same trip. A mother talking to her son:

Mom: We're not going to see the Osborne lights, that man does nothing but bite bats heads off and worship the devil.

When my daughter was around 8 she thought they were named after Ozzy Osborne too. :lol::lol:

I love when people think DHS is Universal I would love to follow them around all day just to see their faces when they figure it out.

DisneyFamilyDad

->(The couple was silent the rest of the hour long wait)<-

That was great. I read it several times and and laughed every time. Simply great.

Expo_Seeker40

My favorite to this day was walking out of The Land Pavilion a couple years ago and this family was on the pathway, their heads buried into their maps trying to figure out how they were going to "see the Future World".They agreed it wasn't SSE, but they couldn't agree where they could see future world because....I kid you not....every time they walked out of a building the sign for future world pointed them in a different direction.

Meanwhile as they stand in future world....:lookaroun

pixiesteno

My brother just took his blended family, complete with adult children to WDW. Just before the trip at a family gathering the eldest daughter, having never been to WDW, informed me that my brother had taken care of all the planning and got them all "jump-to-the-head-of-the-line" tickets. I informed her there was no such thing and that the item she was describing was called a fast pass and you can't buy them. Now, this young woman (24 or 25) knows that we go all the time and just stood there and argued with me about her "jump to the head of the line" tickets. Mind you, they were there for the week between Christmas and New Year's! Oh, to be the fly on the wall when the young princess know-it-all can't jump ahead of everyone in line with her parkhopper pass!:ROFLOL:

Disneykidder

Man: "Because he had the idea for Disneyland first and it was near his studios I suppose."
Woman: "But he built this one in Florida, which isn't even close to California, I don't think that's the reason."
Man: "Well, I think he wasn't really happy with the way Disneyland turned out."

This is hilarious!! OMG!!:ROFLOL: Thanks for sharing!!

Mukta

I just heard this in Dec 2010.

Man gesturing towards the Mexico Pavillion as he and his companion walk past it.

"That is the one with a ride like it's a small world . . . ya know, but all Mexico."

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

Man gesturing towards the Mexico Pavillion as he and his companion walk past it.

"That is the one with a ride like it's a small world . . . ya know, but all Mexico."
That's not exactly wrong! :lol:

graphite1326

Yeh I agree. The first time I rode it (before the update) I remember thinking the same ting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom