Funny things "tourist" say

epcot85

Original Poster
I'm sure there are multiple threads on this subject....here are a few I heard tonight at EPCOT.....

(1) A Father telling his Daughter that they would go to Disneyland tomorrow.

(2) SSE was down, about 750 people came up and asked if it was closed...with 4 cast members and a chain blocking the entrance..and a empty queue.

(3) A Father leading his family to SSE, then he stopped and said...wait..this isn't the monorail...where is it?

??? Yeah I know...it's nothing new...but still funny.

NYwdwfan

I was next to a family on the Dumbo line that was taking turns leaving the line to read the artwork on the expansion wall. They were completely floored that there was construction going on and trying to speculate what was being built. I guess not everyone is a disneyholic!

the-reason14

I'm sure there are multiple threads on this subject....here are a few I heard tonight at EPCOT.....

(1) A Father telling his Daughter that they would go to Disneyland tomorrow.

(2) SSE was down, about 750 people came up and asked if it was closed...with 4 cast members and a chain blocking the entrance..and a empty queue.

(3) A Father leading his family to SSE, then he stopped and said...wait..this isn't the monorail...where is it?

??? Yeah I know...it's nothing new...but still funny.

Maybe they're rich and plan on flying out to Anaheim tomorrow?

Chevross

At Magic Kingdom in WDW.

Man: "Where is the Giant Golf ball, I heard there's a roller coaster that goes through a mountain in it?"

Woman: "No, you're talking about the Matterhorn. The Golf Ball just predicts your future or something."

:brick::brick::brick:

At Hollywood Studies

Woman: "Somehow you can walk to Universal from here."
Older Woman: " Before we do that, lets find the Spiderman ride."

:zipit::zipit::zipit:

At Animal Kingdom

Man: "Wow, that tree is huge, it must be really old!"

S

stphnbogert

I use to do things like standing in line for Haunted Mansion and say out loud, "Did you know that Walt Disney purchased this very mansion in England and had it shipped here?"

Fifteen minutes later I would hear the guy behind me say the exact thing and add his own little twist on it.

Try it sometime. Make up your own Disney fact and see if anyone repeats it or is amazed by the fake knowledge. lol.

the-reason14

I use to do things like standing in line for Haunted Mansion and say out loud, "Did you know that Walt Disney purchased this very mansion in England and had it shipped here?"

Fifteen minutes later I would hear the guy behind me say the exact thing and add his own little twist on it.

Try it sometime. Make up your own Disney fact and see if anyone repeats it or is amazed by the fake knowledge. lol.

Clever lol. I may try this tomorrow or something.

powlessfamily4

HAHAHAHAHA! Your my kind of person.... My last trip in Nov while in line to ride EE we told a girl that Disney had shipped the mountain in from Asia. She actually believed it and told the peole she was with and they believed it too! :ROFLOL:

rodserling27

That's hilarious!! I can't wait to try this next week. My sister and I are always making up things when we take our trips to WDW. THis is a little off-topic, but when we were kids we used to go off from our parents in Epcot and pretend we spoke another language...but it was complete gibberish. We would carry on entire conversations in this made-up langauge, not really trying to communicate a point, but jsut for show. Then when someone would ask us something, we'd respond in perfect English :lol:

raven

Heard yesterday getting off the boat at MK: "I heard they have a ride in here where you get to be Walt for a day."

S

stphnbogert

I also use to tell people that secretly the parks are right next to each other and thats why Disney wants you to take their monorail and buses cause they take the "long" way. lol.

JafarMaleficent

The guy behind me in line to go to TSI just asked if the Liberity Belle is the Jungle Cruise. Herex how it went.

Liberity Belle coming around the bend.
Man:"is that the Jungle Cruise?"
Woman: "no it says Liberity Belle"

NYwdwfan

Saw someone walk up to CRT at 5:00 and ask how long the wait was without a reservation. The expression on the cast member's face was priceless - she resisted the urge to say 6 months and politely explained there were no tables available.

WDWmazprty

At the airport ready to catch our flight to Orlando this was overheard in the security check line:

Woman on the phone with someone: "Yeah, once we get to the parks we'll have to buy our fastpasses as soon as we get in.........No, we'll get on King Kong first then the Twilight Zone one.....NO! King Kong first THEN The Twilight Zone one! I hear King Kong is always packed......Ok, I can't wait, we'll have a lot of fun. See you there."

I felt like slapping her at first, then I just turned around and laughed to myself.:lol:

NYwdwfan

I saw a woman walking into EPCOT in stiletto heels - then happened to see the same woman throughout the course of the day walking barefoot and holding her shoes. Did she not know there was a lot of walking involved? :hammer:

mickeysshoes

Oh goodie i just thought of one...we are in the airport last August and had just learned our flight was delayed by at least 4 hours. The couple sitting next to us starts to panic...oh no how will we ever get dinner reservations for our sons birthday dinner now what we are going to get to the resort so late. I need to call now to see what i can do...she said. so she calls some #..not sure where is calling and is explaing that its her sons birthday tomorrow and she has promised him dinner (and for the life of me I cant recall where) and she is getting short with the person on the other end. I had to just walk away...i was ed about the flight and thought better than to stick my nose in. Mind you this was the firts week of free dinning in August and everything was BOOKED solid atleast 4 months prior.

WDW 3

We were there in October when RnRC went down for a couple days. Funny how many people walked up to the closed gates like they would open just for them:)

bluefaery

The guy behind me in line to go to TSI just asked if the Liberity Belle is the Jungle Cruise. Herex how it went.

Liberity Belle coming around the bend.
Man:"is that the Jungle Cruise?"
Woman: "no it says Liberity Belle"

Please don't shoot me, but when I was younger and on my first trip to WDW I thought the exact same thing. I was about 8 or 9 and I was not into Disney as I am now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom