Funny things people say at WDW

DisneyDragon

A while back my brother and I were at the China Pavilion and caught the end of a kids tumbling act. As the crowd was dispersing after the show, my bro noticed a handful of very excited little children with their grandfather going on about how great the act was...

"Wow! Those Chinese kids were really cool, weren't they grampa?"
"Yes they were. You know what else they are?"
"Whats that?"
"Communists."

Ya just gotta love Grampas! After WWII, mine called everybody Asian the same, impolite name...

Probably the same type who'll see the performers in Morocco and say "Mmmhmmm...nice, but you know they all work for that Al-Qaida..."

Slosh

Ya just gotta love Grampas! After WWII, mine called everybody Asian the same, impolite name...

Probably the same type who'll see the performers in Morocco and say "Mmmhmmm...nice, but you know they all work for that Al-Qaida..."

That, or the grizzled old man I always see walking past France mumbling something to himself about how he "ain't goin in dere!"

casey's catcher

I saw a couple, while waiting for AK's jammin' jungle to start, inspecting their map. And the lady says 'where is THAT castle'?
As so many have said, you just don't know what to do. Help them out, or sit tight, flabbergasted.
Okay, I can begin to understand how a rookie may end up in the wrong park. But at some point, the foliage and elephants and khaki just have to tell you that something is up and you're not going to find an iconic fairytale pad here. Her husband was not going to be much help to her either. Imparting his wisdom, he informed me that Louie was Winnie the Pooh. My friend, who couldn't bear the ineptitude any longer, said: 'It's Louie from The Jungle Book'. He looked at us like we were from Mars. I was just pleased they had each other; you can live a whole life and not find someone who matches you so completely.
Thing is, I presumed that they must have been the only people ever to have had such a lapse of smarts. And I had been lucky to spot them :lol:
Heh, it turns out then that it's incessant. Seriously, when someone begins complaining that the streets of Africa could do with a lick of paint, it is time to :brick:
It has been a blast to read these.
Know what I wish, that all posters could be in a park at the same time and witness simultaneously a Mousey faux pas.
So far, upside-down burgers was my favourite. As my cousin would say 'I can't get my hat on about it'. I would die laughing if I ever saw someone return a pattie with that complaint.
Seriously though, do I get a refund if it rains? :animwink: Do I, huh, do I?
God bless all cast members who keep their cool.

LudwigVonDrake

I love the people who walk around with a copy of Birnbaum's and you hear, "Honey, what does the book say....?"

If you are going to follow Birnbaum's that closely, go over it before you leave and then leave the book in the hotel room :)

DisneyDragon

I love the people who walk around with a copy of Birnbaum's and you hear, "Honey, what does the book say....?"

If you are going to follow Birnbaum's that closely, go over it before you leave and then leave the book in the hotel room :)

If it's Birnbaum's, it reads something like..."Now loudly praise Disney for their wonderful work. Next, and here's our little secret, take the left hand queue where possible. It's shorter and could save you 5 minutes a day..."

Although equally as funny, are the people following Sehlinger's books..."Go go GO! We only have 4 minutes to get over to the Jungle Cruise. The window is closing folks...Johnny's down? Leave him, we can pick him up on our return. Do I have an ETA on the return? I know we've been past this same ride 4 times in the past hour, so it's gotta be soon!"

I like Sehlinger's book a lot since it's practically the Industrial Engineer's guide to WDW, and I'm in the logistics business. Since I usually go in September though, I just modify his plans to suit my needs, but watching people following it in the summer months is pure hillarity!!!

MagicPorcupine

Funny things they say

My favourite was on It's A Small World last week. As we sailed past the restaurant window and waved at the diners in there (who waved back), I heard a young voice behind me ask its parent "Are those people animatronic?"

campdisney

When Small World was closed for rehab back in '05, with those "pardon our dust" type signs posted every 10-15 feet on the construction wall, we spent a good 15 minutes watching a woman with a stroller searching along the barier. Eventually she asked a CM near us "How do we get in to see Its a Small World?" :hammer: (And yes, she was an English speaking American.)

A Jessica Simpson moment... a woman in front of us at Columbia Harbor House was looking over the menu and said to her companion, "Oh, its mostly seafood, I don't like seafood, especially fish... I'll just get the tuna"

LeeLee D

A while back my brother and I were at the China Pavilion and caught the end of a kids tumbling act. As the crowd was dispersing after the show, my bro noticed a handful of very excited little children with their grandfather going on about how great the act was...

"Wow! Those Chinese kids were really cool, weren't they grampa?"
"Yes they were. You know what else they are?"
"Whats that?"
"Communists."
That sounds like something Red Forman would say!:D

M_DOGALPHA

A CM at EPCOT told me another acronym to the park that i think is totally true...
Every
Person
Comes
Out
Tired
Also i heard another funny one. Now i want to keep this post G rated so..
Every
Person
C**ps
Out
Terd

frankd1962

One time I was on Splash Mountain and there was a girl about 16 years old sitting behind me and she was alone. so the whole time she kept bugging me asking when the big drop was and everytime she asked I said its this drop when it was actually one of the smaller dips. Finally we get to the top of the big drop and she knew then that this was the drop. So I say sarcastically at the top you can get off here if you dont want to go down the drop. She stands about half way up and then we dropped. The picture was her falling into her seat scared to death. It wasnt what she said but what she did that was funny

I did almost the same thing to my 12 year old (then) daughter when we were there in 2000. She sat with her mother and kept asking about the big drop. And when we're heading up for the real big one, I kept telling her this wasn't it. The picture is priceless. My daughter has her face buried in my no ex's arm when the picture was snapped.:fork:

metscool

I did almost the same thing to my 12 year old (then) daughter when we were there in 2000. She sat with her mother and kept asking about the big drop. And when we're heading up for the real big one, I kept telling her this wasn't it. The picture is priceless. My daughter has her face buried in my no ex's arm when the picture was snapped.:fork:
That is funny. I love doing that to people who haven't been there.

diddy_mouse

One (of the many) funny things I've heard was while we we waiting at the AK bus stop....this family is deciding whether or not to go to MGM, the dad and son are adamant on going so they leave the wife and daughter at the bus stop. As the bus pulls up the dad yells to his wife: "Sci-Fi Theater! 6:45!" then he gets on, goes to the back door of the bus and yells it two more times: "Sci-Fi Theater!! 6:45!!" :lol: That was a running joke the rest of the trip.

WDW Monorail

When my neighbors returned from there first trip to WDW this past February, I asked them if they liked EPCOT and all of the countries.
Not knowing what I was talking about (they only thought the the Magic Kingdom made up all of Disney) they responded by saying "Yeah, we saw the little circle with the flag" referring to Liberty Square.

This coming from someone who said that 20 years ago she went to Fort Lauderdale which is 5 minutes away from WDW.

Oh, and before they left, one of them said that she would leave the coats and other stuff in the car and if it got cold she would WALK back to get it.:veryconfu
This happened to my mom aswell, she forgot something in the car and took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get back.
Ah, nothing like a trip in itself.:animwink: :hammer:

I could go on and on.

LadyM

This is true, and the guest was deadly serious when they asked it. I worked at Disneyland when Fantasmic! was still relatively new (1994-1995) and their question was: "Where is that Orgasmic show?" I don't think I ever had to work so hard to keep a straight face.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You heard it from the horses mouth guys!!! As a cm at Epcot, while at tipboard, I get the following questions:

Where do I get the test pass for the fast track?

Where is university of energy?

How can I get from walmart from here?

Where's the ET Ride?

Can I get to the countries by monorail?

IS THIS RIDE TO THE FOLLOWING:

KIDCOT IN INNOVENTIONS
HOUSE OF INNOVENTIONS
WHILE DOING EXTRA MAGIC HOURS
AND AT BUG TUNNEL

While doing emh (extra magic hours in mexico mind you) they ask me the following:

How long is the wait from here to test track?

Is this where you enter for test track?

Is this where you get the bracelets?(while i'm holding them and there's the big blue sign)

Where can I get to living with the seas?

Where's flying?

Where's mission to space? to mars? space mars?

Where's cars?

Where's the car ride?

Where are the dinosaurs? (refering to universe of energy)

Where can I find a chocolate chip cookie? (I know that's not a stupid question but I love that one for some reason)

If I go on I-Drive, can I get to busch gardens from here?

Where's the exit? :brick: If you don't remember where you came in, you're a lost cause seriously.

At "where's the fire? inside innoventions:

Do I need to be dressed for this?

While at bug tunnel....I get asked "what is this? "and is this a ride?"

Where is spaceship earth?

25 years ago I was here and there was this ride.....~_~;;; I'm only 24. Do I look like I've been working 25 years?

Where is that ride with the do hickeys? ~_~;

Where's figments ride?

Where's CRUSH?!!!!

Where can I get some cigars?

Where can I get some fried chicken?

Is there a subway in the park?

I lost my husband, can you PAGE HIM!!?! LMAO! HA HA ~_~; no ma'am and point her straight to guest relations.

Where can I get some whiskey?

Are we in disney world?

Is this part of disney world?

Where's nemo?

Where's the boat ride?

Where's The living land?

Where's SAURUS?? XD!! My favorite so far

Can I use my fast passes in other parks?

Can I get to universal using the monorails? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do you have change for a 50?! LMAO! :zipit:

IS THAT A RIDE? pointing to spaceship earth.

While at character connections: Is this a ride? What are we in line for?

wHAT ARE THE BRACELETS FOR?

Where is number 3, 6, 7, 8 >_>;; I don't memorize maps thank you very much....maybe I should.

and last but not least:

HOW MUCH ARE THE TICKETS TO BUSCH GARDENS, SEA WORLD AND UNIVERSAL? and can I buy them here?

DisneySam

I love reading these....
When I went in Jan I was flying solo so it was a GREAT time to people watch and listen.

1.) "Does the living seas have real fish?"

2.) "Let's ride in the ball, I heard there's a rollercoaster in there!"

3.) [On the belt going up to the TTA] "I told you this is the way! You have to ride this to get on the planets!"

4.) [My Favorite] "They are going to build so that the Monorail goes to all the parks and hotels."

Dukeblue1016

(kid points to single riders line on Everest, which had like 60 people in line) "What is that?"

(random guy) "Oh that's fast track, I think they just pick random people to ride first, looks like Disney screwed up and picked too many."

(On bus back to AS Sports from Epcot) little girl - "Daddy how far is it?"
"Don't worry hunny Epcot is closer than Disney was last night."

(while in line for Buzz Lightyear with a posted 30 minute wait and a total of about 15 people outside the building) woman goes up to cast member "How long is the wait?"

"30 minutes."

(she comes back to her kids) "Well she said it was 30 minutes until we get in the building..."

(3 minutes go by, we enter the building...) "Well that wasn't 30 minutes... wait, where are we??? What is this?" Then for the next 20 minutes while waiting in line before getting on buzz none of them said a word but looked around like they'd woken up from a drunken night in some random apartment and were trying to figure out how they got there.... at the end of the ride I looked ahead at their scores... a Wopping 600 for one, 200 for another, and 0 for another...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom