Funny things people say at WDW

sillyspook13

Choice quotes from my work at the Tip Board...

(After I first rode Expedition Everest, yet still quite some time before soft opening...) "Is Everest open yet? Because I called and they said it would be."

(About the Flametree Barbecue...) "That's your kind of tree- the FLAME tree!"

(This one still baffles me...) "How do we get to plane 5? I see plane 3 over there, how do we get to plane 5?"

(As does this one...) "Can you tell me about the restaurant inside the Tree of Life with the stuff hanging down?"

EpcotGrl

RobotWolf said:
A man came to the park on Christmas day dressed as Santa Claus. He was watching the parade with some friends on Main Street. As the Santa's Sleigh float passed by, This guy's friends pointed at him and shouted "He's the REAL Santa Claus!" Parade Santa peered over the side of his sleigh at the group and surveyed the guest-claus. Then he shouted "That's my brother Nelson! Nelson, Mom says no more long distance calls!"

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol: Oh, the Santa Brothers just made my night!! That's brilliant!! :sohappy:

GoofyMom2

OK, this wasn't at Disney but it involves Disney......

I was talking to someone about our trip that was coming up this past April. She said, "Oh, can you pick me up some coupons while you are there because we are thinking of going this summer.".

Coupons????? :lol:

bjlc57

the living seas...

we were at the Liviing Seas, a number of years ago and the manatees were swimming around..

one of the actual vets happen to be there at the time.. This guy with a New York accent,, demanded to know.." what kind of fish are those big things?"

when told that they were not fish.. He got upset and didn't believe the Vet.. He tought that she was out right lying to him.....

UGGGGGHHH......

Skovdaddy

I was standing in line for Rockin Roller Coaster in Studio B(the queue inside right before the preshow) and I was standing next to the door that has the Aerosmith band practice sounds coming from it. This guy next to me seems very curious with this door, then the CM gets on the mic and makes an announcement that everyone will be entering Studio C in a moment and that they might just get to see Aerosmith. The random guy turns to me and says, "I think they are really here today!" :hammer:

EpcoTim

Skovdaddy said:
I was standing in line for Rockin Roller Coaster in Studio B(the queue inside right before the preshow) and I was standing next to the door that has the Aerosmith band practice sounds coming from it. This guy next to me seems very curious with this door, then the CM gets on the mic and makes an announcement that everyone will be entering Studio C in a moment and that they might just get to see Aerosmith. The random guy turns to me and says, "I think they are really here today!" :hammer:

That just goes to show you that Disney is still doing a good job.

Nemo14

Skovdaddy said:
One time when we entered that room, a woman actually said, "Oh my God, they really do work here!"

sillyspook13

Today's tip board nugget of joy comes from one of the many guests who was nagging me because Everest was down for a few hours.

"Somebody told us the yeti fell over!":brick:

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
okay, unless you are from the NORTH, you prolly won't find this funny, but being from ICY Northern Vermont, I find it hilarious...

I was at WDW in January and it was 62 degrees (above zero, I checked the weather moments before via cell phone because it was getting a little grey out) and a lady said to her husband that they needed to go through the gift stores to find their daughter a winter jacket because it was too cold for her jacket (a denim jacket with a sweathshirt underneath)....... :eek: When I left Vermont it was 15 degrees below zero, with a windchill of -26....... I about died...... I am sure 62 degrees is cold to a Floridian or Southernor, but cold enough for a Winter Jacket??????? I got a kick out of it...... In all fairness to her, it did get cold later that night (like 8 hours later though).....

disney9752

yes us southerners that have lived in at least 80 degree weather for 9 out of 12 months find anything below 65 to be cold, just wait till its cold enough again in central florida for snow flurries. ugh...

Since1976

GoofyMom2 said:
OK, this wasn't at Disney but it involves Disney......

I was talking to someone about our trip that was coming up this past April. She said, "Oh, can you pick me up some coupons while you are there because we are thinking of going this summer.".

Coupons????? :lol:

It's sad, but true that many people think that WDW is just a Six Flags or Paramount Park which happens to be far away. They are absolutely floored when they get there and learn that the "World" part of the name is not just a marketing tool!

Since the EPCOT acronyms were mentioned in the thread.

I was always aware of what EPCOT officially stood for and we were told the "Every Person Comes Out Tired" by a monorail pilot in 03, but during a recent trip to WDW we went of the Backstage Magic tour, on a thursday.

So while behind the scenes in Epcot there was this lady sat in front of a fold away table who seemed to be actually doing the handing out of paychecks.

She hapily told us the third version, being "Every Paycheck Comes on Thursday" to which she added the refrain "Unless you use direct payment".

Well joking with her I said I'd love to, all she had to do was get me a green card and a job, and as I was walking away she bellowed "USE DIRECT PAYMENT!" at me just as a CM walked past.

Now I don't know if this CM felt guilty for not using direct payment or what but they nearly jumped out of there skin! I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes!

Now anytime I'm in the parks and I here a CM tell someone that EPCOT stands for "Every Paycheck Comes on Thursdays" always have to add the refrain "Unless you use direct payment!"

dvcnut39

:veryconfu A few years ago, I was standing in the registration line at Beach Club, directly behind a well dressed twenty year old woman, who was standing there with her small son. When it was her turn, she ask the CM "You guys still just have the one park right?". The CM and I made eye contact and smiled at each other.

MacDuffieMuppet

Hmmm... i was told by either a bus driver or monorail worker that ecpt stood for Eisner's Profit Center of Tomorrow... lol not anymore since he doesnt work there anymore... keep the funny stuff coming i am enjoying it!

mmartelli

disneylands said:
this one woman got off of Space Mountain looking VERY disoriented (sp?) and she said "I had no idea that was a thrill ride, they should put signs up". when I heard this I just started to laugh, i mean how stupid could you be!! sorry if i offended anyone!:eek:

Teen to TOT CM: "Is this ride scary?"
CM: "We don't call this the tower of happiness" at this point the doors slammed and the ride continued. The kid got freaked out and the picture was pricelss...the look of terror on his face was priceless.

Enderikari

Jennih said:
Since the EPCOT acronyms were mentioned in the thread.

I was always aware of what EPCOT officially stood for and we were told the "Every Person Comes Out Tired" by a monorail pilot in 03, but during a recent trip to WDW we went of the Backstage Magic tour, on a thursday.

So while behind the scenes in Epcot there was this lady sat in front of a fold away table who seemed to be actually doing the handing out of paychecks.

She hapily told us the third version, being "Every Paycheck Comes on Thursday" to which she added the refrain "Unless you use direct payment".

Well joking with her I said I'd love to, all she had to do was get me a green card and a job, and as I was walking away she bellowed "USE DIRECT PAYMENT!" at me just as a CM walked past.

Now I don't know if this CM felt guilty for not using direct payment or what but they nearly jumped out of there skin! I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes!

Now anytime I'm in the parks and I here a CM tell someone that EPCOT stands for "Every Paycheck Comes on Thursdays" always have to add the refrain "Unless you use direct payment!"

Evil Polyester Costumes of Torture

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom