Funny things people say at WDW

jchriscandy

Soarinluvr said:
A lady was on Main St. looking at the castle and asks a security guard "How do u get to the Magic Kingdom?" and the CM kindly points to the castle and says "Ma'm your in the Magic Kingdom" Lady: "no really how do I get there?" CM "Ma'm your in the magic kingdom" Lady:"For the last time tell me how to get there." CM: "ok what you do is go down Main St. out the exit, catch the monorail to the TTC, change Monorails to Epcot, stay on that back to the TTC, and get the Fairy boat and your there" the lady says thanks and heads to the exit. :brick: LOL As Bill Engvall says Heres your sign.

Now that is funny. Sad thing is I actually have known some people like that.

dizpins14

I was working at stitch letting people into the chambers...so letting people into the most intense part...and a woman comes up with a newborn infant straped to her chest in one of those baby carriers. I turn to her and say excuse me mam but unfortunatly there's a 40 inch height requirement for this attraction. Her response was yea I know I saw that but no one told me anything. And then asks if this is a ride. :brick: We were experiencing technical difficulties so the cast members up front were pre-occupied, which should have been noticable to the woman.

DisneyBunny

Not as funny as some of the others, but here are my contributions:

While waiting for Spectro to start I overheard a CM helping an older lady with an infant who had been seperated from her family...

CM - Do you have any idea of where they could be?
Lady - I think I left them somewhere.
CM - And do you have any idea where "somewhere" could be?
Lady - I think it was in ImaginationLand...

A little girl, who seemed to be on her second birthday trip, was bawling her eyes out while in line to get in at Epcot. Her parents' reactions baffled me:

"There's no crying in Disney! You CAN'T cry on your birthday!"

Since1976

DisneyBunny said:
A little girl, who seemed to be on her second birthday trip, was bawling her eyes out while in line to get in at Epcot. Her parents' reactions baffled me:

"There's no crying in Disney! You CAN'T cry on your birthday!"

They apparently learned from Tom Hanks...

"There's no crying in baseball!!"

LostNametag

At The Studios Guests always called The Backlot Tour different things. A guy came up to me once pointing at the map saying "Where's the Blackout?" I give him a confused look, but smile and ask him what he means. He points to Catastrophe Canyon..The Blackout ride, he says. Can people not read? It says "Backlot"!! I tried to explain everything, but I do not think he understood. Guests also always wanted to walk up to Catastrophe Canyon instead of taking the tram. lol You sorta have to take the tram to get there...its a tour. No no..see, theres a path, we can just walk! Argh And of course, the age old argument- which attraction is at which park. Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground- MGM Honey I Shrunk The Audience- show at Epcot. Guests will argue this until they turn blue...when we are standing right in front of the playground! My little shoppe was right in front of the entrance to the playground...you could see the grass...and people still had not a clue. I thrived off of it though.
One more- my favorite. The Osborne Spectacle of Lights. Before I worked down there I had not heard of it, so I understood how people could not know. But at first everyone seemed to think that Ozzy Osbourne would be performing. I've heard Ozzy Lights, Oswald Spectacular, and more that I cant remember. I had to tell and retell their whole story to Guests who hadnt heard about it...even though it's told before they turn them on.

As for the "Disney Happy" phrase, I love that! I can use that in everyday life even though I am away from the magic. We all need a little Disney Happiness...

Merlin

Account Suspended
WDWBro said:
My brother doing crowd control at MK:

Some Guy Pointing at Castle- "What's That?"
My Brother- "Um, the castle?"
Guy- "Ok, thank you."
:brick:

I sometimes wonder if maybe some of these are just some jokester messing with a CM. I have to confess, I did that once, just to see the CM's reaction. I was in the Art of Disney shop and there was sculpture of Walt and Mickey. I asked the CM, "Who is that man with Mickey Mouse?" She looked at me kind of puzzled and said, "Umm...that's Walt Disney." I said, "Oh. (and then after a long pause) Who's Walt Disney?". After that, I couldnt' keep a straight face and I told the CM I was just messing with her. She laughed and said to me, "If you hadn't confessed to that, you would have been the 'dumb guest' story I would have told my co-workers tonight!" :lol:

robynchic

Either my co-CM telling me (when he came into the break room) "I just had a little kid tell me that her daddy said that if she finishes her dinner, he'll let her see how babies are made!" (In the Garden Grill restaurant; her father explained that they were going to see "The Making of Me") or...darn, I just forgot the other one. But I remember that it cracked me up. The one I just said was so funny. I'll post it when I remember.

FrumiousBoojum

In funny kids category...

I was in the library at the Tower of Terror. Video finishes, all goes silent... then this kid asks rather loudly, "What'd he say this was?! The Toilette Zone?!?!"

hcswingfield

FrumiousBoojum said:

I was in the library at the Tower of Terror. Video finishes, all goes silent... then this kid asks rather loudly, "What'd he say this was?! The Toilette Zone?!?!"

Too funny!

GoofyMom2

My DS 6 yr old singing "It's a Small World".... the lines he says are pretty funny....Example
"It's a world of laugh, it's a world of gifts."
"It's a world of fear".

LOL :lol:

Plus he sings it in this very high voice for some reason....

Only a parent can appreciate it! :D

GoofyMom2

FrumiousBoojum said:

That's pretty funny!

I tried to take my 8 yr old DS (he really wanted to go), but after the video finished he screamed "I want to get out of here!". Everyone around us thought it was funny, he did not.....had to get a CM to lead us out. It is now known in our family as "The ride that shall not be named". :lol:

welovewdw

browniebee said:
My sister and her husband and kids came with us to Disney this year, and as her daughter was going to meet Pinocchio and Gepetto, my sister decided she wanted her 15 month old son to meet them too. So she says (very loudly because shes a kindergarten teacher), "OK Matthew, let's go meet Guiseppe!" and EVERYBODY stared at her including the CM working there.

On another occassion, when I was little me and my other sister were on line for Maelstrom. And I was really excited because that was my favorite ride in EPCOT, and some woman asked us if we were from Norway. Both me and my sister thought that was pretty funny.

*Giuseppe's Pizzeria & Italian Cuisine* In Sebastian FL? Coincidence??? I THINK NOT! :lol:

Captain Chaos

Sorry to revive an old thread.. But, since we already had one, I didn't want to start another one..

My friend just got back from a vacation at WDW.. She rode the two versions of M:S.. When she got back, she called me to tell me the green version was awesome and that the orange team wasn't too scary... She said she over heard someone say, as they exited the orange team version: THAT WASN'T SO SCARY.. THE SCARIEST PART OF THIS RIDE WAS GARY SINESE..

Sorry, I just think that comment was too funny.. :lol:

Maryssa*

I for one thank you for bumping this thread! I got some good laughs here at work.

I've got one too!
I was eating at the Teppanyaki place at Japan in Epcot and overheard some family talking about what they were going to do after dinner. They went on and on and then i heard something along the lines of "...and then we'll go on Fast Pass" (i think they were trying to say Test Track/Fast Track/Fast Pass i dont know! haha)

magicfan

How about stupid things CMs say?

I was ordering my meal. The CM asked what I would like to drink. I said, "I'll take a medium coke please", to which she responded "what size?". LOL She must have gone to the University of Florida (sorry, just had to add that :lol: )

On the Kilimanjaro Safaris, we passed some zebras. The driver said, "And to our right you can see some giraffes, no, wait, argh, some of those striped things" And she got that job how?

Since1976

Maryssa* said:
I for one thank you for bumping this thread! I got some good laughs here at work.

I've got one too!
I was eating at the Teppanyaki place at Japan in Epcot and overheard some family talking about what they were going to do after dinner. They went on and on and then i heard something along the lines of "...and then we'll go on Fast Pass" (i think they were trying to say Test Track/Fast Track/Fast Pass i dont know! haha)

THRILL as your pass goes into the machine. HOLD ON as your ticket slides down a HIGH-SPEED 45 degree grade into your hand. FEEL the empowerment as the ticket enters your wallet. WILL YOU MAKE IT BACK TO YOUR RIDE IN TIME?

FASTPASS: THE EXPERIENCE - Now only at Walt Disney World.

mep517

The best thing I have overheard at WDW is when I was a CM at Columbia Harbor House. A family ordered lunch from me, the total was about $30 (for 4 people, not bad at CHH) The mom looked at the kids and said "Do you see how much lunch costs? (voice gets louder) Now you will eat every bite and you will thank your father when it's over!"
It must have been their last day -- the mom looked like she had just about had enough "magic" for a while :)
Ahhh, the happiest place on Earth!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom