Funny things people say at WDW

lstein3470

Back in the mid 80's I was in EPCOT with my mom and ordering breakfast from a counter service restaurant. My mom orders 2 orange juices and a danish. The CM asked my mom "apple or cherry?". She turns to me and says "they don't have any orange juice. Do you want apple or cherry?":lol:

By the way, this was my first ever post! Thought this looked like a good place to jump in.

Maryssa*

Since1976 said:
THRILL as your pass goes into the machine. HOLD ON as your ticket slides down a HIGH-SPEED 45 degree grade into your hand. FEEL the empowerment as the ticket enters your wallet. WILL YOU MAKE IT BACK TO YOUR RIDE IN TIME?

FASTPASS: THE EXPERIENCE - Now only at Walt Disney World.
You are my hero!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

MaryMcMagic

Once, while walking from Future World to World Showcase through those kind of awkward walkway/bridge-y like things (near the flamingos) my family and I overheard another family saying, "Let's go over there! We still haven't gone on Odyssey yet!" :p

Valawen9

I was walking past the castle once and overheard a father tell his 3 year old-ish kid that Walt Disney's head was frozen up in the castle. He sounded dead serious and it was just funny that he was telling that to a kid that young. :lol:

bassman

Since1976 said:
THRILL as your pass goes into the machine. HOLD ON as your ticket slides down a HIGH-SPEED 45 degree grade into your hand. FEEL the empowerment as the ticket enters your wallet. WILL YOU MAKE IT BACK TO YOUR RIDE IN TIME?

FASTPASS: THE EXPERIENCE - Now only at Walt Disney World.

:lol::lol::lol:
now thats disney imagineering at its best:lol:
but you may want to be carefull,universal might bring out

FAST TRACK
the only ride in orlando where you can FEEL,SEE and HEAR the full force of this incredible machine.
BLAST past standby lines
make hair razing 90 DEGREE turns around queue corners
at BLINDING SPEEDS.
FAST TRACK,ride the rides,(faster). only at universal orlando
:D
sorry, bad i know but its all i could think of at short notice

bassman

ooo i have just remembered a couple of classics

-last year whilst i was on the train that goes to the conservation station (dont ask why)a CM over the tannoy (or whatever)told us about EE,she told us the whole story about it,with the trains and such.once she had finished,a man next to me turned to his wife and said and i quote 'expedition everest,we'll have to come back next year and go on that,you love walking holidays dont you' :brick:i was in stitches:lol:

-once i heard i over heard a woman ordering her son a meal in the cosmic rays resaurant at MK, and im not joking she turned to the CM on the cash register and asked 'have you got any burgers on sale'.she was stood right in front of the sign that had all the burgers on it!!,and she was looking at it whilst she spoke!!

RedGear

My Fiance has two really odd shirts that he wore when we were at Disney. ONe of them is a shirt with a Yak on it, and a CM was like "IS that a yak on your shirt?" (DUH!!!)
The other shirt he had on was his christoper walkin shirt, and again a CM asked him "What is that on your shirt?" Josh said "Christoper Walkin" and we was like "who is that? and why is he on your shirt?"

Sorry this only happened at disney, but I am sure working there you guys here tons of stupid things because working at a normal job you hear a lot of stupid things too!! :brick:

EpcotGrl

At Ice Station Cool: "Is this where the polar bears are?" When I informed the guest that no, we had no polar bears, he demanded to know what we'd done with them, because "they were here yesterday!"

At Art of Disney: "Is any of this stuff for sale?"

Random questions that stopped me cold:
"Where can I get a Philly Cheese Steak?"

"Is there a dog track around here?"

And my favorite:
Girl, running through the park, slips and falls. Guy walking by: "That was better than the Indiana Jones show."

psuchad

Around 18 year old girl while in line for Everest: "I hope I don't get sick on this. I hope it doesn't move too much. I got sick on Soarin' yesterday. It just moves way too fast."

ChuckElias

bgraham34 said:
Well i get this no matter what store I am in. No matter how I dress. A guy comes up to me in the Emporium and asks if we had any more shirts in the back. I said I dont work here, oh but why do you have mickey ears, I am sorry. UGhhhh
For whatever reason, I like to look nice when I'm at WDW. I wear nice shorts (or khaki pants, if it's cool weather) and a collared shirt. And of course a lanyard full of pins (as you can see in my picture).

And I ALWAYS get mistaken for a CM. Always. On my last visit, it took only 45 minutes on my first day in the park for someone to ask me where something was. :) My brother-in-law likes to try to get video of the different people who stop me to ask me a CM-type question.

I actually like it, and am almost always able to help the person out. The one drawback is that a lot of kids ask me if I'll trade pins with them. And I have to tell them that I don't trade my pins. I collect passholder pins, so I don't trade a lot. I was thinking about bidding on a big lot on eBay, so I could just give a kid a pin. But I don't have that much money to spend on pins that I would just give to other people's kids.

BTW, this is a great thread. Thanks to whoever bumped it. :wave:

RobotWolf

Great Thread! I have a couple to add:

Woman exiting the Mansion telling her child "Those aren't real ghosts, honey. They're 'Lithographs.'"

A man came to the park on Christmas day dressed as Santa Claus. He was watching the parade with some friends on Main Street. As the Santa's Sleigh float passed by, This guy's friends pointed at him and shouted "He's the REAL Santa Claus!" Parade Santa peered over the side of his sleigh at the group and surveyed the guest-claus. Then he shouted "That's my brother Nelson! Nelson, Mom says no more long distance calls!"

goofntink

MK entrance
Guest: What do you mean these are no good?. When we bought these park hopper passes at Universal they said they were good for all the parks!
Osbourne lights
Guest:Are Ozzy and his family coming to see their lights this week?
Mk character meet and greet with Pooh and friends
Guest: Does Booboo come out before or after Yogi?
Dole whip serving counter
Guest:My wife wants to know if she can get it in orange instead?
Train to Conservation Station
Guest: How long will it take to get back to the train station at Main Street U.S.A.?
MGM Studios
Guest: How do we get to Dueling Dragons?
Honey I shrunk The Kids playset
Guest: On what side is the entrance for the movie?
Guest: When did they fill in the Lagoon? Referring to lagoon at Universal Studios.

MayKit

Heard in the "Der Teddybar" shop in Epcot Germany

Someone saw all the little outfits hanging up in the area where they make the dolls and asked,
"Is this Build-A-Bear?"

edwardtc said:
Homer: "One Churro please!"
MK Vendor: "That'll be thirteen dollars."
Homer: "Ohhhhhhh...Arggghhhhhh...geeeeeeezzzzzz.....uggghhhhhhh......here!"

Being a simpsons fanatic, I was able to rip the audio of this quote from the video I have of it. Enjoy. Also, since you don't have the video to see, when you hear the air raid sirens, picture homer climbing over a brick wall with barbed wire on the top the surrounds the magic kingdom. Basically he's trying to escape epcot to get into the magic kingdom. Hillarious!

Here's the link!
http://jim2386.150m.com/chrro.mp3

EDIT: Don't left click the link. Right click: Save as : and then save it to your computer. Play it in windows media player or winamp from there.
Enjoy,
jim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom