Fun with characters

sittle

Once Tigger punched me!! HA!

Just kidding... one time as my wife and I sat on a bench at MGM (now DHS) just after a couple rides of TOT and RNR on Sunset Blvd (by Fairfax Fries) and (I'm so sorry I forget all their names now) the Hollywood actress who wears the huge feather in her hat came strutting right in front of us with her two assistants Mrs. Peacock (in the bright blue skirt and jacket) and (for lack of the correct name) Mr. Plaid and they spotted us giggling at their appearence... It was funny to see this very short actress, nose in the air, with a very tall feather in her hat being shadowed by the extremely tall Mr. Plaid....

The actress stopped and scowled in our direction and didn't say anything, Mr. Plaid asked her what was wrong, and she whispered very quietly to him... he quickly strolled over to us, asked our names... then asked why we were laughing.. we told him: "...we just found their scene very odd"...

Well, the fun started right from there, he ran back to the actress and informed her we thought they were odd, and she made him demand to us to stop giggling... after 20 minutes... three personal changes (Mr. Plaid was demoted, Mrs. Peacock promoted and back again), and quite a bit of yelling and laughter they shuffled off down Sunset Blvd, leaving us in stitches.. we were laughing so hard we were crying... These scene characters are awesome... they do such a great job... That really made our day...

KirjavaP35

I myself enjoy asking the characters questions, so here are some ideas..

You could ask Cruella if her malice against the puppies is really for revenge against Anita, and if so, you understand, we've all been hurt before ...:lol:

You could tell Tinkerbell that she should abandon her crush on Peter since a guy who chooses not to grow up is obviously too immature for her

you could ask Timon if his fellow meerkats kicked him out of the pack because he was so lazy

You could tell Jafar that if he really wanted to take the Sultan's place, he should have rallied the masses of the kingdom to support him as their sovereign

these are just a few that came from the top of my head :hammer:

diddy_mouse

We had a great time at Chef Mickey's. Minnie flirted with DH and I had Mickey sit down right next to me and flirt. Very, very cute. But I think my favorite was Goofy, he took a picture with DH and then he saw me and got embarrassed, batted his eyes and I (of course) went over and linked my arm with his...really playing it up. It was so much fun! :lol:

shanny

on our honeymoon dh and i were eating dinner at the ltt. all of the characters were wonderful, but pluto. he grabbed my arm and stuck it in his mouth just as the camera was taking a picture! i have the most bizarre look on my face, pluto was trying to eat me!!!

kcw

My brother, 5 years old at the time, made a habit of squeezing every character's nose. I wouldn't suggest this though, as they seemed fairly annoyed. :lol:

kissing noses is probably a better idea and always makes for cute pictures with little kids- although maybe just getting close but not really touching the nose... because a lot of spitty germy kids kiss those noses every day...

WDWKat26

kissing noses is probably a better idea and always makes for cute pictures with little kids- although maybe just getting close but not really touching the nose... because a lot of spitty germy kids kiss those noses every day...

Amen. Thank god for Alcohol wipes!

Gorjus

Through trial and error i"ve discovered that it is best to agree with the character

For example the stepsisters are not mean just misunderstood and they are beautiful

Donald is number one unless you are with Mickey and then he is dilussional

Don"t antagonize the characters side with them

Chape19714

Through trial and error i"ve discovered that it is best to agree with the character

For example the stepsisters are not mean just misunderstood and they are beautiful

Thier singing on the other hand is....well...Nevermind. WONDERFUL...clearly.

Jafar is also know for trying to run off with Autograph books.

joanna71985

Oh my goodness, I totally agree! Last March, I saw the Tremaine family at P&P. A little girl had a birthday button on, and they burst into singing "Happy Birthday". Man was it off-key, and loud! I have no idea how people down at the TTC did not hear them. It was great!:ROFLOL:

mouselvrmom

I was wearing my maleficent shirt for dinner at ariel's grotto. After the kids took a picture with Aurora, I asked to get in one. She took one look at my shirt and said, "Oh, no, she's not nice at all! Are you friends with her?" I told her I wasn't friends with her, I just know her. So then she let me take a picture with her.

drew81

I've seen Jafar just stand and watch as a kid brought their autograph book to him. They had their book open and didn't ask him to sign it and he wasn't going to sign it. I told them they had to ask him to sign it. I also think asking the character for their autograph is just the nice thing to do. If I saw an actor I like and went to get their autograph, I wouldn't just stand there silently with a book open shoving it in their face...I think the polite thing would be to ask them for it and thank them afterwards.

KirjavaP35

here are a few more ideas...

ask one of the stormtroopers from Star Wars how the Emperor pays them... that should be interesting

remind King Louie that liking fire too much is unhealthy :lookaroun

ask Jack Sparrow if he's looking for the fountain of youth for his own use or if he's being a nice guy and is planning to use it on Elizabeth so she won't age faster than Will :D

tinkerbell88

a while ago when me and my family visited disney i bought a sorceror mickey plush doll....I took pictures with some of the characters but the funniest ones were chip and dale...they played with my mickey....while one was signing my autograph book the other was playing with my mickey......its was so cute.

Some more ideas for interactions w/character:
Ask the princesses how their prince is doing
if you have a plush minnie while with you see mickey he will luv it
um...stitch like to play around a lot....

another story...i was in the career start program...and we had an activity where we had to get an autograph from some character in the area of mk that was assigned to us...well my group got town square and we found the dad of pinnochi....i dont know how to spell his name....anywho...we asked him for his autograph...and he signed like mickeys and plutos before he actually got to his own name...it was quite funny.

kcw

I've seen Jafar just stand and watch as a kid brought their autograph book to him. They had their book open and didn't ask him to sign it and he wasn't going to sign it. I told them they had to ask him to sign it. I also think asking the character for their autograph is just the nice thing to do. If I saw an actor I like and went to get their autograph, I wouldn't just stand there silently with a book open shoving it in their face...I think the polite thing would be to ask them for it and thank them afterwards.

you have no idea how common that is.... I'm no parent, but when I have kids this will definitely be a time for learning pleases and thank yous.... and just as a tip- if kids are polite to the characters, then the characters will probably spend more time with them ;)

dixiegirl

One year we were down every time we showed chip and dale my daughters plush donald duck they either took it and ran around with it , or made fun of it...And whenever we showed donald my daughters chip and dale plush animals he either threw it on the ground or smacked it around, or my daughter would tell him " hay donald I just seen chip and dale " and he flip out , it was quite funny I have cute pics of him holding her chip animal up high to tease her...I love when the characters interact with people and not just stand there, you can tell who is really into it and who really isn't or its been a long day! We were there last weeked and every now and then we'd see a character just walking around, you just don't see that anymore I miss that , to me it makes it more magical than standing in a line, which I understand now a days poor things can't just walk around because you have the parents who 'push" their kids into the character to get a pic and their autograph.......oh i miss the old days sometimes!!

drew81

you have no idea how common that is.... I'm no parent, but when I have kids this will definitely be a time for learning pleases and thank yous.... and just as a tip- if kids are polite to the characters, then the characters will probably spend more time with them ;)

Yeah, I've seen that as well. I think if you are nice to the villains they'll sign.... Like what Jafar was doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom